MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just making too much sense right now. Dah is in Hawick and arranges a drug deal in st cloud later that night. Without drugs for the time being he is wanderless and needs a fix. He leaves Hawick early, on the way to st cloud you then have to go through cold spring. Now this guy is already convicted for what we are looking for. How many other people could it be at that time, not many.

He will never admit to Jared in fear of going down for jacob.

How can he have fear of going down for Jacob when he's already incarcerated for life in Moose lake?

It would be interesting to see if another cluster of offenses occurred in another part of the country shortly before or after the incidents involving Jacob, Jared and the other boys. If so, who/what is the common denominator?

There was a big cluster of similar offenses - boys being grabbed off bikes and taken - in Iowa. Johnny Gosch, Arlin Henderson, 2 or 3 other boys whose names escape me right now.

How can he have fear of going down for Jacob when he's already incarcerated for life in Moose lake?

Well that is a darn good question. But why would anybody want to down, even in prison for life, for something he didnt do?

In dahs thinking and awareness of the linkage, he figures if he admits to jared, they will forcefully tie jacob in to.

The facts are real and some speculation are correct. The assaults stopped, the man is dead, in another country, or in prison. DAH lived in Hawick.

Do you think there's DNA on file for DAH that could be compared to DNA retrieved after Jared's abduction (that is, if DNA was taken).

The district court committed Duane Hart to the Minnesota Security Hospital as a sexual psychopathic personality and a sexually dangerous person. At the initial commitment hearing, the court heard testimony that Hart sexually assaulted at least ten victims, ages eight to fifteen. These assaults began in the early 1960s and continued until 1989 or 1990. Between 1968 and 1988, Hart was convicted of ten criminal offenses, most of which involved alcohol or drugs.

Hart committed hundreds of sexual assaults on at least ten young boys. He is a patterned sex offender whose victims are boys ages eight to fifteen. Hart repeatedly fondled, performed oral sex or made boys perform it on him, and performed anal intercourse. He used isolation, bribes, threats, force, and alcohol to commit these acts. Hart was often under the influence of chemicals during these assaults. Hart has refused treatment, has no relapse prevention plan, and minimizes his role in his sexual misconduct. Hart's problems are longstanding; he began drinking heavily at age six and was placed in residential treatment at age nine, where he was forcibly sodomized.

http://mn.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19960220_0003.mn.htm/qx

I wonder how police could have ruled him out.

It asks for a credit card, so no.

I did not encounter that at all. I actually watch videos there quite often and have never encountered that, so that's interesting.

DAH is in a war with DR. Once Jacobs abductor is caught, DAH may think about admitting to Jared. DR teached in Cold Spring, easy access to daily newspapers. Jareds local story was floating through the minds of all locals. He told me to "run and dont look back or he would shoot", had probably been floating through their minds as well. Once DR had already had a stranger come tearing through his building site, the tan monte carlo, had given him one option to play with. When he was waiting for the boys to come back over the hill, he figured well that guy from cold spring isnt caught yet and there is some woods, I will plant it on him and the monte carlo. Run to the woods and dont look back or i will shoot. All just imo.

Like Bessie said if he already spent time in jail while awaiting trial that would count towards his sentence. Even if he reported to jail on July 1st, it's possible after six months he was let out in December. The location of Hawick is right there in the middle of this. The Chevy Celebrity could have been borrowed and maybe DAH stole that portable police scanner. The assaults stopped when DAH had been incarcerated.

I believe the usual is serving 2/3 of a sentence. I will try to find the info

I did not encounter that at all. I actually watch videos there quite often and have never encountered that, so that's interesting.

Wow. They said they would not charge me but they want my acct info. I tried both links and they brought me to the same one.

DAH is freshly out of jail and with a stolen police scanner, possibly the gun too. He returns to Hawick after being off the map for awhile and borrows his grandmas or anyones Chevy Celebrity and goes out looking for drugs, he comes up empty, there is jared walking down the street in the dark, bingo imo.

We do not have the answer to this and it seems an easy one.

Why Jared does not answer this is beyond me.

I am going to scream this.

JARED HAD TONS OF PERPS PARADED PAST HIM BY LE

DID HE OR DID HE NOT SEE DAH!!!!!!!

yes, nmogren, outrageous, isn't it. We went over this info about a year back. No one seemed to care. I am pretty sure they had DAH on a list of people they looked at, but IMO he should be on a person of interest list.

Phantom, I do not know if they have his DNA or if anything was collected from Jared's assault. It would be awesome if they did. However, they couldn't do anything unless they tied him to the kidnapping. Sexual assault has a statute of limitations. Do they destroy evidence in cases where the statute of limitations has expired?

The district court committed Duane Hart to the Minnesota Security Hospital as a sexual psychopathic personality and a sexually dangerous person. At the initial commitment hearing, the court heard testimony that Hart sexually assaulted at least ten victims, ages eight to fifteen. These assaults began in the early 1960s and continued until 1989 or 1990. Between 1968 and 1988, Hart was convicted of ten criminal offenses, most of which involved alcohol or drugs.

Hart committed hundreds of sexual assaults on at least ten young boys. He is a patterned sex offender whose victims are boys ages eight to fifteen. Hart repeatedly fondled, performed oral sex or made boys perform it on him, and performed anal intercourse. He used isolation, bribes, threats, force, and alcohol to commit these acts. Hart was often under the influence of chemicals during these assaults. Hart has refused treatment, has no relapse prevention plan, and minimizes his role in his sexual misconduct. Hart's problems are longstanding; he began drinking heavily at age six and was placed in residential treatment at age nine, where he was forcibly sodomized.

http://mn.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19960220_0003.mn.htm/qx

I wonder how police could have ruled him out.

When dah stole the police scanner there was an empty hand gun in the same place. And although it was never loaded, it was a good threat. All just imo of course.

We do not have the answer to this and it seems an easy one.

Why Jared does not answer this is beyond me.

I am going to scream this.

JARED HAD TONS OF PERPS PARADED PAST HIM BY LE

DID HE OR DID HE NOT SEE DAH!!!!!!!

I asked Joy on her blog, she probably won't answer me though.

if you look at the court site, DAH was arrested in April of 1988 for several offenses (2nd DWI, aggravated violations, refusal to comply, 5th degree assault, marijuana poss and driving after revocation). He was convicted of 2 violations, 4 were dismissed. Jury trial in May and if I am reading it right, convicted to 360 days in jail. At the time of his arrest in 1988, he was living in Hawick, MN (a township between New London and Paynesville).

He was arrested in April of 88 which could put him in jail in January but free in the fall. He would have served his time by the fall

yes, nmogren, outrageous, isn't it. We went over this info about a year back. No one seemed to care. I am pretty sure they had DAH on a list of people they looked at, but IMO he should be on a person of interest list.

Phantom, I do not know if they have his DNA or if anything was collected from Jared's assault. It would be awesome if they did. However, they couldn't do anything unless they tied him to the kidnapping. Sexual assault has a statute of limitations. Do they destroy evidence in cases where the statute of limitations has expired?

I do not know where Sher got her info, but she has stated numerous times that Jared's samples did not make it. If you recall, I posted that DNA collection was a brand new science for crime in 89

How do we know that he did not have an ironclad alibi?

How do we know that he did not have an ironclad alibi?

We don't. There are no explanations of why he was ruled out. There is no reason anyone was ruled out. They have not released names of who was investigated. Why the mystery around this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member