MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been asked and answered previously. But I have always wondered, when LE drove to the Wetterlings, after the abduction...did they drive by the abduction sight (or did they take another route)?

Same question for the Wetterlings, when they were driving home after receiving the call that something had happened to Jacob...did they drive by the abduction sight (or did they take another route)?

Thanks.

Yes, they would have had to drive by the abduction sight. There is no other route.

DR is local. Is there no one who knows him?

I am so enthralled as to why he is named POI.

When we read of all of the other perverts in that area, having DR as POI is so interesting to me.

A scapegoat? I sincerely think there would be plenty of other great options.

LE wanting to show they are doing something? Once again, great palatable , obvious options instead of
DR.

Who said he is the greatest trumpet player?

I would just like to say that there was visible tire tracks recovered. The activity of them should show if there was stop and go. I thought the road I was on resembled the gravel in the pictures. I encourage anyone else to go out in the country and try the test yourself.

That also was 1989. We have no idea of the type or level of gravel on the road.

DR is local. Is there no one who knows him?

I am so enthralled as to why he is named POI.

When we read of all of the other perverts in that area, having DR as POI is so interesting to me.

A scapegoat? I sincerely think there would be plenty of other great options.

LE wanting to show they are doing something? Once again, great palatable , obvious options instead of
DR.

Who said he is the greatest trumpet player?

I'd read in one of the many threads that comprise this topic on this site that he'd been rated top five in Minnesota in the classical idiom. I'm not sure if that was coming from the results of a competition (there are many competitions for classical musicians) or someones professional opinion.

As far as why he has been flagged as POI? Real good question: LE hasn't exactly been forthcoming about why people are named POI versus some of the "obvious" choices but I wonder if it isn't just owing to proximity I suspect - it happened on his parents property when they were out of town. He was the member of the family still at home.

One thing I've wondered about with regards to Kevin's tire tracks, is that he said that they noticed the bikes in the ditch, and considered picking them up.

It was very dark that night, so if Kevin was looking at the bikes, it means that he would have had to have the car pointed directly at them. He probably drove right up to them, which means he would have driven straight out of DR's driveway, and not hugging and bending to the right to head immediately south.

I would think that detectives would have picked up on that.
But he already said that he knew going beyond DR's driveway would mean a dead end-so he KNEW what lay beyond regarding streets(only cul-de-sacs). And so he turned left (East) and headed down DR's driveway and turned around in the farmstead. Being a rural person, it seems to me that the bikes would have been more noticeable as he headed south on 16th(91st) as opposed to heading west from DR's driveway.....just from a sightline point of view. Because of the incline of the ditch, the bikes would be more visible from the north than the east.

In other words...the bikes more visible as he approached the mailbox from the TT.

If Kevin knew that continuing beyond DR's mailbox(south) would only lead to a dead end.....then why would he drive ALL the way down DR's driveway? Makes no sense. The objective would be to simply turn around and head north.

Most of those footprint and crime scene photos on my photobucket are screen grabs from the last video on this page, if you wish to review them further in context. (There is one large video at the top, and 3 smaller videos below that, and it is the 4th or last video on the page - with the faded picture of Jacob.)
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ors-take-fresh-look-at-similar-cases/9064905/

shergal, I've looked at those over and over again...it's always a limited scope of visual info. My point is we never have enough visual info to really place the entire sequence into context. It's always snapshots of this or that...never a comprehensive view.

who is Kevin? DR knows he is not LE. I seriously doubt that LE would ask some random person to do a ruse

I agree...no random person would pose as a ruse. How do you know DR knows Kevin is not LE? WHO is Kevin as you say? He has(had-we don't know current circumstances) a girlfriend in 1989 who had a brother and his wife....who are they? They never spoke up-EVER-with the exception of Kevin. All four are unknown yet at least 2 of them were at the crime scene.

I agree...no random person would pose as a ruse. How do you know DR knows Kevin is not LE? WHO is Kevin as you say? He has(had-we don't know current circumstances) a girlfriend in 1989 who had a brother and his wife....who are they? They never spoke up-EVER-with the exception of Kevin. All four are unknown yet at least 2 of them were at the crime scene.

I wonder if Kevin observed lights on in various areas of the house or outbuildings?

If Kevin knew that continuing beyond DR's mailbox(south) would only lead to a dead end.....then why would he drive ALL the way down DR's driveway? Makes no sense. The objective would be to simply turn around and head north.

Is the turnoff for DR's driveway at the crest of the hill there coming up from DR's driveway and 91st/16th from the south? Maybe Kevin drove far enough south so that he could see past any topographical obstructions?

It is a small town and people know who the LE are.

I don't understand why if Kevin, being so local, knew the road was a dead end, how did he not know DR's driveway was not a road? His whole story is fishy to me.

(modsnip)

Second...Why does anyone believe on good faith that DR even saw a small, dark car? He has no witnesses to that, it was just his word and everyone took that bit of information and ran with it. I would also like to know exactly what was spliced and diced with the TV interview of DR when he sounded like he would be EXACTLY the type of person that would do such a thing! He tells the TV that he went back to bed...but now he didn't? Which is the truth? His farm property is HUGE with many outbuildings...is there a root cellar on the property? Did anyone even ask? They didn't SEARCH THE BUILDINGS?? Or they let HIM search? Why would LE let the owner of the property where a boy was kidnapped, search his own property? DR knows every hidey hole on that property. Really, when you hear horsehooves you don't look for zebras. DR is the most likely suspect in this case. He saw the boys leaving and KNEW they were coming back...parks himself at the end of his driveway and then stops them. Aarons own words were there were NO STARS NO MOON...completely country road BLACK out. All they could see was a shadowy figure. You can't even see your hand in front of your face in those conditions. Neither boy said they heard a car which you would definitely hear speeding away. Sound travels on those country roads, they would have heard it. Also, why is so much emphasis put on the deep, raspy voice? If I lived where people knew me and wanted to kidnap a boy that lived 2 blocks from me...gee...I might alter my voice. When people intentionally alter their voices to be unrecognizable, they typically make it deeper and raspier. DR would naturally alter his voice and the use of a nylon on the face when all they could see per Aaron's words were a shadow? Um...maybe because they might recognize me because they knew me. DR has a job as a schoolteacher? Well...that's what pedophiles usually do..work in jobs that they are surrounded by kids. Joy..your comment about DR not being the "type" because he is a school teacher is ignorant on the ways of pedophiles. Because he has a Master's Degree? That makes it impossible because he is educated? That just makes him smarter. He has NO ALIBI, his parents..omg...just HAPPENED to be in Europe (Gee, what a great time to execute something like this) he has consistently placed himself into the investigation (which is a trait serial killers, pedophiles, etc. habitually do) There is a reason LE is still looking at him. If it walks like a duck...the fact that he hasn't been cleared and has been dogged all these years and he takes it nonchalantly? Well..if you're telling the truth, you can't get arrested. That is either incredibly arrogant or naïve. There's also a reason why LE has not released the outcome of his lie detector tests and such. Did the dogs lose the scent halfway up the driveway because DR picked him up and carried him? Personally, I feel DR is involved somehow...he either kidnapped Jacob for himself, or he sold him into trafficking. Did LE ever publish anything concerning his bank accounts? A lot of cash appearing all of a sudden? These are questions that need answering. It is becoming so convoluted that I think People can't see the forest for the trees.
And I'm sorry, Kevin may be a nice guy...but he is a moron. Waiting all these years with a firefighter brother and not coming forth about turning in the driveway? He was 17...not 5. Medical cop? Even at 17 you would know there was no such thing. I cannot believe he did not come forward all those years ago. There were 4 people that know what happened that night and 2 are gone. the 2 remaining have stated it was Black as the Ace of spades, they only saw a shadowy figure, they heard no car, and Aaron heard rustling in the grass when they LEFT Jacobs house and it gave him the creeps. Was DR peeping that night? Saw them leave and knew they had to come back? Occam's Razor people...the simplest explanation is usually the right one and that all points to DR. Again..this is what I think and only my opinion.

Edit to post above...I mistakenly said Kevin was 17 and instead he was 21. That makes it even worse. And his girlfriend conveniently stayed in the car at the video shop so she never saw so called medical cop.

Is there anyone here with legal expertise that can tell us if there is legal ramifications for Kevin having withheld critical information for 14 years?

Why does it take two men? Same reason it takes two, three, four, five plus highway construction workers to complete a job?

I see your point but still....look at the picture...it's not the reason you proclaim....it's something else.

Also about the tire tracks, I was on a gravel road last night and concluded that there should be stopping prints if the car was parked. Also if i drove over the parked prints they still remained visible.

Its something like this that LE could point out to give more assurance to what happened. That there were stopping prints and that there was perps footprints entering a vehicle just like Jacobs.

Not only should there be stopping/starting prints left by any vehicle but wouldn't there be an indication of a car being turned on by marks left in the driveway by the exhaust pipe when the exhaust blows out upon ignition of a parked car??

And if that footprint WASN'T a planted footprint, where are any of the perp's footprints that should be right next to Jacob's footprint? Where are any pictures or descriptions of perp footprint and the size/type of footwear used? Why isn't that public knowledge? could it be that all footprints found belong to DR footwear? Otherwise, wouldn't they publicize that information to get the public involved? It seems they know more than they don't know.

Not only should there be stopping/starting prints left by any vehicle but wouldn't there be an indication of a car being turned on by marks left in the driveway by the exhaust pipe when the exhaust blows out upon ignition of a parked car??

And if that footprint WASN'T a planted footprint, where are any of the perp's footprints that should be right next to Jacob's footprint? Where are any pictures or descriptions of perp footprint and the size/type of footwear used? Why isn't that public knowledge? could it be that all footprints found belong to DR footwear? Otherwise, wouldn't they publicize that information to get the public involved? It seems they know more than they don't know.

When a car starts, the exhaust (in most cases) is not strong enough to disrupt dirt and gravel. When an engine starts, in some cases water from the exhaust drips on the ground, but it would evaporate within an hour unless it was cold enough to freeze. A lot depends on the vehicle and how the exhaust is directed.

Again, LE is not sharing the print information and what has been captured from video's is grainy and does not tell me a whole lot. To make any sense of this, we would need to see the entire print field to review and make sense of who, what, where and when. At this point, I would not want to make any assumption on what LE knows or does not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member