MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Afraid I don't have much to offer in the way of information. So I will throw out a question instead.

Does anyone have ay thoughts on the "older, balding, gray-haired man" seen in the woods with the "station wagon" that had "wood panels", possibly on the day of Jacob's abduction, referenced in Joys most recent blog? She indicated this individual may have been involved in another abduction. Again if true, seems like a very good lead that LE may have overlooked.

I do have one comment regarding the claim that the boys were fondled by the abductor. If in fact true...unbelievably bold and brazen. That would be like a bank robber taking the time to examine money and only take the newest crispiest hundred dollar bills rather than grab the available cash and run. Not being from the area, was the abduction sight THAT desolate back in 1989? Did the perp know that the odds were so stacked in his favor that he could take his sweet time choosing his victim with no chance whatsoever of anyone passing by???

Yup. The site is so remote and unpopulated and dark.

It was not desolate as I had thought before ever going to visit the site myself. The farm next door has a straight shot view of the driveway. If someone on that farm had been looking out the window they would have seen the abductor drive in and park his vehicle.

Did you go in 1989? I did. Desolate.

IF someone was outside or looking out the window. IF not, well, it's very possible. How often do posters look out their windows at night? I can say I really don't very often, and I'm also very rarely outside at night.

That day and night was incredibly nice. Really great for that time of year.

I am outside all of the time. Hardly anyone I know spends time outdoors.

Most people would have been inside watching TV. A Sunday night is really a low key night.

The road I lived on has hardly any traffic. Six houses in a mile of a road . We notice traffic, but who can see anything at night? We pay no attention at night because you cannot see anything about a car.

In the day, we may notice a stranger. But who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by tinner007 View Post
DR says after he searched the buildings on the farm property and returned to the farmhouse, law enforcement was everywhere.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...ing-abduction/
There seems to be a discrepancy here between 2 reports of this incident...

In the interview Esme Murphy quoted DR:
"Rassier says after he searched the buildings on the farm property and returned to the farmhouse, law enforcement was everywhere".

In Joy's blog 'Dan's Story' Joy quotes DR:
"He heads down the road/driveway and searches the outbuildings. Every one of them. You would think there would be cops everywhere, but Dan said there were not. A helicopter was searching the woods and fields around his house, but as far as he knows, there were no cops who came down into the yard all night...just the few up by the woodpile earlier."

IMO, that is where the confusion in stories comes from. Not sure which version is correct, since they were both quoting DR?

DID ANYONE EVER ADDRESS THESE INCONSISTENCIES?

You would first have to ascertain whether or not both those people quoted him correctly.

Did you go in 1989? I did. Desolate.

Desolate is what I saw in my mind for 24 years, until I visited the site. Desolate to me was having no chance of being seen except by another car coming. I saw DR's farm, the next farm, and the cul de sac of houses all at once as I came over the hill. I then learned the perpetrator had actually used a gravel driveway to park on. My confidence in LE being able to solve this grew tremendously that day. I have proven the abductors vehicle could have been seen by the second farm, also, whoever drives into the rassier driveway or out of the driveway from the building site, that cars headlights are going to shine across the field onto the second farm. I think LE found out if Jacob was taken by a vehicle when kevin came forward.

Where did LE say they got only one footprint?

I had recently read that quote, I believe it was Sheriff Sanners quote, and maybe I had read it in the free preview of Elocs book on amazon?

The only way you can guess someone is a pedophile is if they do something. Most pedos are not molesting in front of their coworkers.

The janitor at the school I taught at was busted by having cameras installed and watching him. He was totally disgusting in his personality. Controlling to the max and denigrating.

I just knew he was a nasty person

So did you sense he was a pedophile based on his disgusting personality? I'm sure he was immediately fired, and hopefully put in jail. I don't think any pedophile molests kids in front of anyone. We were talking about assuming someone else is a pedophile because they're "friends" with one.... like you said DR was. You alluded that "good people" know/get a bad vibe if someone is a pedophile based on personality traits. I do get that, but, I'm careful not to assume that their friends are all pedophiles.

Many pedophiles have a lot of acquaintances, and not a lot of CLOSE friends. I'm assuming if they're close, they may find out. If DR was CLOSE friends, then maybe he knew.....BUT, it still doesn't make DR a pedophile. He may have broken off their friendship if he found out. There's just a lot we don't know, and assumptions can be a scary thing.

I said DR may have not known his friend was a pedophile. Were they close friends? Or were they acquaintances?

I don't think anyone should assume DR was a pedophile because he knew one. People are sidelined all the time, never realizing they worked side by side with a child molester.

The amount of cover ups in the school system is disturbing. Maybe folks have been covering for him the past 30 years. It seems like a lot of school systems bend over for pedophiles.

Uprooting? They were going to dig in a gravel pit, not her prized garden

Both were required to completely leave the property. If I correctly recall, although I no longer have a reference, there was a confrontation with getting the old people to leave. Her husband was then 85. Perhaps you have not dealt with elderly persons.

The number of perpetrators and sexual assaults in that area at the time is just mind-boggling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 73343

The distance from driveway to driveway is 0.3 mile. If someone was outside or looking out the window from the farm next door, they could have confirmed a vehicle drove in and turned their lights off near the time of the abduction.

Again, .3 miles (if correct) = 528 yards or 1584 ft. In pitch black night.

they could see a vehicle there with lights on.

That is, if they happened to be looking outside at the time which is not likely. If they were, I'm quite sure that LE would have discovered that information.

That is, if they happened to be looking outside at the time which is not likely. If they were, I'm quite sure that LE would have discovered that information.

The whole point is they could have. And it helps dissolve the theory of the abductor pre-planning the area.

The whole point is they could have. And it helps dissolve the theory of the abductor pre-planning the area.

Agreed. In my opinion the abduction area was not planned in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tinner007 View Post
DR says after he searched the buildings on the farm property and returned to the farmhouse, law enforcement was everywhere.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...ing-abduction/
There seems to be a discrepancy here between 2 reports of this incident...

In the interview Esme Murphy quoted DR:
"Rassier says after he searched the buildings on the farm property and returned to the farmhouse, law enforcement was everywhere".

In Joy's blog 'Dan's Story' Joy quotes DR:
"He heads down the road/driveway and searches the outbuildings. Every one of them. You would think there would be cops everywhere, but Dan said there were not. A helicopter was searching the woods and fields around his house, but as far as he knows, there were no cops who came down into the yard all night...just the few up by the woodpile earlier."

IMO, that is where the confusion in stories comes from. Not sure which version is correct, since they were both quoting DR?

DID ANYONE EVER ADDRESS THESE INCONSISTENCIES?

So I guess LE is probably right when they accused him of changing his stories. Why would he be changing stories, as only a person behind a window that night? We don't know anything about the accusation, what is it about? when did it happen? We don't know the results of the lie detector tests. We haven't seen a single transcript from his numerous interviews with LE. We don't know why they named him a person of interest. We don't know what is in his journal, cedar chest, umbrella stand, and photos. We don't know why he went to bed and work before feeding a story of seeing suspect cars that day and night. I guess LE is probably right when they asked him to confess and "end" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LCD2024!