MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...gainst-archdiocese-of-st-paul-and-minneapolis

Now the question of when will Stearns County follow the lead of that of Ramsey County and Dakota County and bring some charges against those hiding behind Saint John's????

I'll guess as long as there remains a strong conflict of interest between Saint John's and the Stearns County Sheriff/Attorney Offices.....Never!

I highly recommend watching the documentary Secrets of the Vatican, streaming on Netflix. (And I'm Catholic)

I can't get Netflix. A very quick short recap pkease.

I've written many many presentence investigations regarding murders, child molests, stalkers, etc. From my opinion, and this is only an opinion, the type of child molester a priest is, is an entirely different type of offender that someone who kidnaps a stranger by force. I would not waste much time on the priests and the scandals. There is a huge difference between offenses against strangers and offenses against someone you know. Evidence based assessments for recidivism and danger to the community see that part of a crime a huge indicator to how violent someone would be. 2 different ballparks.

I've written many many presentence investigations regarding murders, child molests, stalkers, etc. From my opinion, and this is only an opinion, the type of child molester a priest is, is an entirely different type of offender that someone who kidnaps a stranger by force. I would not waste much time on the priests and the scandals. There is a huge difference between offenses against strangers and offenses against someone you know. Evidence based assessments for recidivism and danger to the community see that part of a crime a huge indicator to how violent someone would be. 2 different ballparks.

Have you seen where the molester stops the behavior?

Some people who molest a child or grandchild, or even family friend, seem to respond well to treatment in that they learn to not put themselves in positions where they would reoffend. If course, if they do not put in the effort they could reoffend. The recidivism rates are high on molesters, but those type of molesters have more of a chance of not re-offending than say a violent predator type (Jacob's abductor ). I would not ever bet on one of those guys ever stopping unless incarcerated or dead.

Some people who molest a child or grandchild, or even family friend, seem to respond well to treatment in that they learn to not put themselves in positions where they would reoffend. If course, if they do not put in the effort they could reoffend. The recidivism rates are high on molesters, but those type of molesters have more of a chance of not re-offending than say a violent predator type (Jacob's abductor ). I would not ever bet on one of those guys ever stopping unless incarcerated or dead.

And not the type of person who has been a teacher since 1978 with zero complaints against him. And never kidnapped before or after this crime.

Then why is he the only named person in this kidnapping?
He's a POI. There could be several POI's. I don't know if he's ever been actually named a suspect and they never found anything to arrest him. He lives there and had the opportunity so he would be a POI.

LE afforded DR quite a bit of time before letting the public have their way with him as the kidnapper, 21 years.

This is all my opinion. I'm not any kind of expert. If he's ever arrested I will admit I'm wrong, but until then, I'm not convinced. There is probably no other good poi because they did not catch anyone quick enough.

This is all my opinion. I'm not any kind of expert. If he's ever arrested I will admit I'm wrong, but until then, I'm not convinced. There is probably no other good poi because they did not catch anyone quick enough.

Why would they bother naming a POI after 21 years, especially one who seems like a poor choice? And to say he is a scapegoat is so silly as there are so' mamy better choices.5-7000 sex offenders in MN

Who knows. I do not think DR is a scapegoar. I think he is a person of interest. That's it.

Then why is he the only named person in this kidnapping?

<modsnip>

They'll do what they need to in order to keep from looking incompetent. Even if that means sacrificing an obviously innocent individual. Just seriously think about it... DR is not capable of doing what LE suggests through their actions.

This is by far the best article on the term POI... every word written is 100% the truth

Have you guys been having the DR conversations since 2010???

How far have you gotten???

Same questions since 2010???

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics