MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, what kidnapper would let a boy use a pay phone.

And how many kids would know how to use a pay phone to call,long distance? Why would Jacob know how to do that? It was hard enough as an adult to have the change and then know how to call.

He used the pay phone while the guy was in the gas station, correct? And he called the missing children's hotline, so maybe it was an 800 number

Give kids some credit. They are smarter than you think. They can figure out electronics and technology before they can even read. Jacob was 11. I have no problem believing he was able to use a pay phone.

Take note, Stearns County LE!!!
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...d-Missing-Child-Case-Himebaugh-306181721.html

Investigators released a recording of a tip call they received about the Mark Joseph Himebaugh case. Imagine what kind of renewed energy and tips something like this could bring to Jacob's case!

They also created a task force of 30 detectives and met for 2 days with NCMEC to review the case and now are setting up shop right in the neighborhood where the boy disappeared.

Why can't Stearns County do something like this for Jacob?? Instead, his case gets......crickets.....

Take note, Stearns County LE!!!
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...d-Missing-Child-Case-Himebaugh-306181721.html

Investigators released a recording of a tip call they received about the Mark Joseph Himebaugh case. Imagine what kind of renewed energy and tips something like this could bring to Jacob's case!

They also created a task force of 30 detectives and met for 2 days with NCMEC to review the case and now are setting up shop right in the neighborhood where the boy disappeared.

Why can't Stearns County do something like this for Jacob?? Instead, his case gets......crickets.....

Maybe the tip they got led them to a farm where they dug up a firepit

He used the pay phone while the guy was in the gas station, correct? And he called the missing children's hotline, so maybe it was an 800 number

I am trying to remember the steps to a payphone. You need money. Coins.

I suppose he could have stolen them.

Call the operator who tells you how much money to put in.

Why would a kidnapper let him wander? It was not that long so brainwashing would have taken complete hold.

I am trying to remember the steps to a payphone. You need money. Coins.

I suppose he could have stolen them.

Call the operator who tells you how much money to put in.

Why would a kidnapper let him wander? It was not that long so brainwashing would have taken complete hold.

Jacob signed for the video at tom thumb, so he probably had the change too.

What doesn't make sense is his ability to make the call, or escape first then make the call.

Jacob signed for the video at tom thumb, so he probably had the change too.

What doesn't make sense is his ability to make the call, or escape first then make the call.

The kidnapper lets him keep money? Why?

All he needed was a quarter, at most. The world is filled with loose coins. They are not hard to come by.

If he was smart enough to get to a phone and use it, why didn't he just run away?

The child wasn't buying the,no one loves you brainwash if he used a phone.

If he was smart enough to get to a phone and use it, why didn't he just run away?

The child wasn't buying the,no one loves you brainwash if he used a phone.

The only thing I can say to that is to listen to or read interviews with recovered kidnapped children.

The only thing I can say to that is to listen to or read interviews with recovered kidnapped children.

I know what you are saying, but in this case Jacob was not gone that long and this phone call was made. That is not made by a child who is terrified and brainwashed. A brainwashed child would not reach out.

I know what you are saying, but in this case Jacob was not gone that long and this phone call was made. That is not made by a child who is terrified and brainwashed. A brainwashed child would not reach out.

I think it depends on what he's been told, and we just don't know what that is.

I think it depends on what he's been told, and we just don't know what that is.

Of course not. But analyzing it, would a child who has been recently kidnapped go.to a phone by himself with no kidnapper monitoring him and make a phone call if he was brainwashed? Would a kidnapper allow that?

If the child had the opportunity and was smart enough to do it, wouldn't he know to memorize the car license plate and say it?

Maybe the abductor had to go to the bathroom, or was busy buying supplies, and the boy and/or Jacob took his chance to call. He probably thought calling the 800 number would be better than running off in an unknown town.

When you say "near the abduction site", was it traveling on that road, or was it at Tom Thumb?

The red/orange wagon was seen in Kiwi Ct. on either 10/21 or 10/22, and was believed to have passed the boys on their way to the Tom Thumb store on the night of 10/22.

The red/orange wagon was seen in Kiwi Ct. on either 10/21 or 10/22, and was believed to have passed the boys not their way to the Tom Thumb store on the night of 10/22.

This is a big connection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember about the station wagon at the time. It is interesting because no one identified it. So it is of significance

It is too bad we have little to go on, but Jacob' will not go into the abyss of missing children who few think about.

Hash, rehash, new thoughts, old thoughts. Jacob you are in my heart.

From Eloc's book we learned of the love that was sent out into the world. That goodness can never be taken away. I hope that goodness gives just a bit of strength for the family to go on in love. What an amazing family they are. The world is a better place because of them.

I also want to commend the friend of Sher's who alloweed LE to search their home over and over again. They allowed LE to do their work without impediment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlacath