MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota has begun the gradual process of releasing sex offenders from the state Sex Offender Program where offenders have been warehoused for decades and which has been found unconstitutional by a federal court. The latest release, a 68-year-old convicted rapist who sexually assaulted a female college student over a period of eight hours, will be to a group home in rural Olmstead county. The release of additional offenders, initially those of very young or old age, likely will follow. They will be released to various rural areas throughout Minnesota, places such as Northfield, Rock Dell, and, of course, the rural reaches of Stearns county. Rural communities throughout the state will receive newly-released offenders.

If, as some logically believe, Jacob Wetterling’s abductor is among the aged offenders within the Minnesota Sex Offender Program, it is not unrealistic to expect the eventual release of that offender, as well. To assume or believe otherwise is simple-minded, naive.

On Monday, August 10, 2015, Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton proposed spending up to $15 million a year for new, supervised community facilities for sex offenders. On Wednesday, August 12, 2015, an increasingly impatient federal judge issued an order warning “if the state proves unwilling or incapable of remedying the constitutional violations, to which insufficient funding is not a defense, that failure may demand a more forceful solution. Any delay by the state to prepare for the inevitable relief to be imposed by the Court in light of the previously determined constitutional violations would only increase the risk to public safety.”

The clock is ticking. Change is inevitable.

The only event that will unthaw the bitterly cold Wetterling case is the discovery of Jacob Wetterling himself. Unfortunately, no serious or sound efforts have been undertaken previously, or are underway, to accomplish that discovery. Sadly, it seems that the concerned locals simply do not know how to tackle such a task, or where to begin.

Instead, people now remain mired in endless discussion, fixation, attention-seeking and argument involving pointless minutiae from decades ago. Some justify this dead-end wheel-spinning by hoping that an ongoing conversation will spark a long-forgotten or ignored recollection of key information. Human memory, however, does not improve with the passage of time, it degrades and becomes inaccurate. Nor do psychopaths make confessions – quite the contrary, they lie like they breath – just ask Robert Hare, the leading expert on psychopathy.

Get serious about finding Jacob Wetterling (dead or alive). Get fixated and methodical about the physical (not merely conversational) search, undertake that search, and find what must be found.

Anything else is a waste of time. And YOU don’t have much time . . .

Prov. 11:14

Minnesota has begun the gradual process of releasing sex offenders from the state Sex Offender Program where offenders have been warehoused for decades and which has been found unconstitutional by a federal court. The latest release, a 68-year-old convicted rapist who sexually assaulted a female college student over a period of eight hours, will be to a group home in rural Olmstead county. The release of additional offenders, initially those of very young or old age, likely will follow. They will be released to various rural areas throughout Minnesota, places such as Northfield, Rock Dell, and, of course, the rural reaches of Stearns county. Rural communities throughout the state will receive newly-released offenders.

If, as some logically believe, Jacob Wetterling’s abductor is among the aged offenders within the Minnesota Sex Offender Program, it is not unrealistic to expect the eventual release of that offender, as well. To assume or believe otherwise is simple-minded, naive.

On Monday, August 10, 2015, Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton proposed spending up to $15 million a year for new, supervised community facilities for sex offenders. On Wednesday, August 12, 2015, an increasingly impatient federal judge issued an order warning “if the state proves unwilling or incapable of remedying the constitutional violations, to which insufficient funding is not a defense, that failure may demand a more forceful solution. Any delay by the state to prepare for the inevitable relief to be imposed by the Court in light of the previously determined constitutional violations would only increase the risk to public safety.”

The clock is ticking. Change is inevitable.

The only event that will unthaw the bitterly cold Wetterling case is the discovery of Jacob Wetterling himself. Unfortunately, no serious or sound efforts have been undertaken previously, or are underway, to accomplish that discovery. Sadly, it seems that the concerned locals simply do not know how to tackle such a task, or where to begin.

Instead, people now remain mired in endless discussion, fixation, attention-seeking and argument involving pointless minutiae from decades ago. Some justify this dead-end wheel-spinning by hoping that an ongoing conversation will spark a long-forgotten or ignored recollection of key information. Human memory, however, does not improve with the passage of time, it degrades and becomes inaccurate. Nor do psychopaths make confessions – quite the contrary, they lie like they breath – just ask Robert Hare, the leading expert on psychopathy.

Get serious about finding Jacob Wetterling (dead or alive). Get fixated and methodical about the physical (not merely conversational) search, undertake that search, and find what must be found.

Anything else is a waste of time. And YOU don’t have much time . . .

Prov. 11:14

Can communities make rules as to where these group homes can be located? Foir instance: so many feet from a school, church, daycare center? Can a community make a law that forbids group homes for sex offenders in their community?

I don't know if this is addressed to me, but I am certainly not angry. You have decided DR is guilty, which if of course fine with me, I'm sure you have your reasons, but its unclear how much of your reasons are based on assumptions.

For example, it's unclear why you discount the evidence in DR's favor (boys describing a gravelly, smokers voice, loss of scent by the dogs, his complete cooperation with the cops (never requiring a warrant for searches, participating in hypnosis, providing DNA), his complete access to groom-able children through his work which according to the FBI does not match the profile of a person who uses guns and quick snatch abductions), AND his continued employment in a school environment when certainly his employer has reviewed this situation in great detail. Why is all this discounted?

I can't find any evidence of DR's guilt except of course the fact that the crime happened on his property and he was at home that night - which is a pretty big deal and I don't want to clear him until more evidence appears. But I don't want to accuse him without more evidence, and I find none. His actions, whereabouts and story all seem consistent and reasonable to me.

1. It's not apparent that DR gives two versions of his activities that night. He gave one version and Trish edited and spliced this version into Kevin's story for sensationalism. They edited out DR's response to what he had in his car on the way to work, they seemingly also edited out his search of the outbuildings and speaking to the cops.

2. There is no problem with DR and the horses. The article Stink quoted and DR's discussion of horses are not in conflict. The horses came on Wednesday. On Saturday DR is wondering if the cops are competent because horses are destroying the tire track evidence. No conflict.

3. Is there anything else you think is evidence of DR's guilt?

Nailed it

questions about information I won't get an answer for

When did DR tell investigators about the Tan Monte Carlo? When did he become sure that could be the abductor? Was it the following morning when investigators questioned him? was it days or years later? Now imagine, if his information about the tan monte carlo had been released to the public that very next day, and especially with the coverage of this case, how could the public have not located a car like that? Everyone was talking about this case and everyone was looking at everybody. Why did LE withhold this crucial information from the public? Or did DR wait too long to say that could be the one?

Also, the police probably did not know what the crime scene was until they talked to the boys
911 call goes out about abducted child. They were at the scene in as soon as 6 minutes. If your a cop whats the first question you ask and what is your next move? Wouldnt one rush to site to investigate? If it was my son or I am a cop, I'm there asap. Questions can wait.... I imediately start to look. Furthermore, again I dont necessarily believe Kevin was involved, but his "story" just doesnt work. Nothing about it is credible. It makes no sense. If you deconstruct it, its as if he tailored the story to facts that everyone on here has known and explored. Its as if he created this perfect set of coincidences to explain him being there within minutes of the abduction, but had nothing to do with it. I'm sure the police interogated his story, his girlfriend, her mother, her brother and his girlfriend. Right? you would thimk because they "cleared" him. Or did they? Or are they putting him on ice and watching and listening?But his story is just the most perfect set of intesimal coincidences, there is just no way. His choices, his routes, his thinking, his encounters, they all are perfectly cordinated. Too perfect.

He is all the things a suspect could be. Local, had a car, and was AT THE CRIME SCENE. His story can not be true. He is the most compelling suspect we have with the info we have. No one else(that we know) was at the crime scene. If we are sticking to the facts (which is what we should do) you have to start with him. First he follows and loses the police cars but does not go directly to Tom Thumb, He goes to Del-Win, but again instead of going out to main entrance and making a left on main Rd 75 to go to Tom Thumb, he goes to the back entrance and proceeds down a side back rd. and ends up at 16th/91st. Again, Instead of making a rt to Tom Thumb he makes a left to the crime scene and DR's driveway. Down a dead end st. Why? Doesnt make sense.On a side note... Im not a car guy, but isnt a grand prix(kevin car), a pontiac.and a monte carlo(chevy)seen in DR driveway, the same car?

911 call goes out about abducted child. They were at the scene in as soon as 6 minutes. If your a cop whats the first question you ask and what is your next move? Wouldnt one rush to site to investigate? If it was my son or I am a cop, I'm there asap. Questions can wait.... I imediately start to look. Furthermore, again I dont necessarily believe Kevin was involved, but his "story" just doesnt work. Nothing about it is credible. It makes no sense. If you deconstruct it, its as if he tailored the story to facts that everyone on here has known and explored. Its as if he created this perfect set of coincidences to explain him being there within minutes of the abduction, but had nothing to do with it. I'm sure the police interogated his story, his girlfriend, her mother, her brother and his girlfriend. Right? you would thimk because they "cleared" him. Or did they? Or are they putting him on ice and watching and listening?But his story is just the most perfect set of intesimal coincidences, there is just no way. His choices, his routes, his thinking, his encounters, they all are perfectly cordinated. Too perfect.
"Intesimal"....just wondering what that word is? I've never heard of it. Kevin's story is what it is. A FACTUAL OCCURANCE. If you can't handle that then I have nothing else to say.

Can communities make rules as to where these group homes can be located? Foir instance: so many feet from a school, church, daycare center? Can a community make a law that forbids group homes for sex offenders in their community?

The answer to that question lies in community zoning regulations. In some states the zoning regulations/laws/ordinances are set by the state, while in others they are set by the county, city, municipality or parish. In PA they are set by the Municipality or County. In effect, you could provide an area zoned for a sex offender home in the middle of a swamp or swap it to another municipality. Such matters are handled by a Zoning Hearing Board which are in effect, judges as they hold hearings and receive training in Zoning laws. I have to assume that MN has similar ordinances and a means of enacting zoning regulations for specific areas.

He is all the things a suspect could be. Local, had a car, and was AT THE CRIME SCENE. His story can not be true. He is the most compelling suspect we have with the info we have. No one else(that we know) was at the crime scene. If we are sticking to the facts (which is what we should do) you have to start with him. First he follows and loses the police cars but does not go directly to Tom Thumb, He goes to Del-Win, but again instead of going out to main entrance and making a left on main Rd 75 to go to Tom Thumb, he goes to the back entrance and proceeds down a side back rd. and ends up at 16th/91st. Again, Instead of making a rt to Tom Thumb he makes a left to the crime scene and DR's driveway. Down a dead end st. Why? Doesnt make sense.On a side note... Im not a car guy, but isnt a grand prix(kevin car), a pontiac.and a monte carlo(chevy)seen in DR driveway, the same car?
DR also cleared him. If anyone should be looking for a suspect, it's DR.

DR also cleared him. If anyone should be looking for a suspect, it's DR.

DR cannot 'clear him'. He's not LE. He probably met him and thought he seemed like a nice guy with a good story and DR doesn't think he did it.

That doesn't carry any more merit than all the students and locals who don't think DR did it either.

All of us amateurs online have been able to poke major holes in Kevin's story. It's hard to believe that LE wrote him off so quickly. I sure wish they would revisit him.

Recently I was speaking to someone from New London regarding this case. They stated that DAH's mother lived in Waite Park for a while (around the time of the JW abduction.) I had never heard that before! According to her obit, she did work in St. Cloud as a laundress at some point. Has this ever been brought up? Waite Park (trailer park by Home Depot) would be only a few miles from the abduction site.

http://www.danielfuneralhome.com/obituary/marie-e-hart-1584/

Recently I was speaking to someone from New London regarding this case. They stated that DAH's mother lived in Waite Park for a while (around the time of the JW abduction.) I had never heard that before! According to her obit, she did work in St. Cloud as a laundress at some point. Has this ever been brought up? Waite Park (trailer park by Home Depot) would be only a few miles from the abduction site.

http://www.danielfuneralhome.com/obituary/marie-e-hart-1584/

Waite Park is a trailer park, not a town? There are other associated people that lived in Waite Park as well including R sib

If Kevin's route is of interest, DR has the same one.

From page 254 of ELOC's book

private band lesson with a student that morning, and then he spent most of the rest of his day organizing his record album col- lection by typing information on index cards.

Sometime in the middle of the afternoon on October 22, 1989, Rassier heard something going on outside. He got up and saw a tan colored car speed into his driveway. In a cloud of dust, the car made a fast, 180-degree left hand turn-around near the farm buildings, and then sped back out the driveway toward 91st Avenue. He described the car as similar to a 1970's Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Rassier said he had never seen anything like that on his family farm before. The man behind the wheel of that car was driving “like his life depended it.” After watching the car speed through his family farm, he soon returned to organizing his rec- ord collection.31

In the very late afternoon he took a break from his record collection and went for a short run. It was unseasonably warm on that Sunday afternoon in October. He said he ran through his family farm field on a path that led to the Del-Win Ballroom, where the polka festival was going on. From there, he headed west to 91st Avenue and then back south toward home. It was early even- ing by the time Rassier returned from his run. He said he remembered that he picked up the Sunday newspaper by the mailbox and then continued running up his long driveway and returned to his home. He showered, made himself some dinner, and went back to his typing.32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1