MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So - the abductor was wearing actual stockings? Not something similar?

One other thing from a post way back in maybe part 1, someone commented that DR said his mother didn't have stockings but later someone else commented that in a video the camera panned to the bathroom and there were stocking in there. The R's are religious and during the 80's you were expected to dress up for church unlike today where jeans and t-shirts are acceptable. Any older woman would have stockings to wear to mass.

Snipped...

I don't know if I hold much stock in a man's quote about whether or not his mother has stockings. Even a grown man living at home -- what does he know about his mother's pantyhose situation? Or maybe he was thinking "stockings" was something different than "pantyhose" (which I guess it is). It just sounds like something that could completely be taken the wrong way or that could have much more put into it than need be.

Maybe, though, it is proof of his lying, but I wouldn't immediately be suspicious of a man because of that comment.

Hi there. New here and joining in as well. I was a few years younger than Jacob when this happened so this case has always intrigued me as I'm from the area.

Anyways, theres something I'm wondering about the Jared case, maybe someone can answer for me. Was the man who abducted "Jared" in Cold Spring wearing a mask or not? I'm confused about that detail. If he was not, wouldnt it be very easy to rule DR out as a suspect in that case? Even to this day, I'm sure Jared would be able to simply look and say whether or not it was or was not DR who assaulted him, right!?

Any insight into this detail?

I hope they find something.
He needs to come home!

Hi there. New here and joining in as well. I was a few years younger than Jacob when this happened so this case has always intrigued me as I'm from the area.

Anyways, theres something I'm wondering about the Jared case, maybe someone can answer for me. Was the man who abducted "Jared" in Cold Spring wearing a mask or not? I'm confused about that detail. If he was not, wouldnt it be very easy to rule DR out as a suspect in that case? Even to this day, I'm sure Jared would be able to simply look and say whether or not it was or was not DR who assaulted him, right!?

Any insight into this detail?

If I remember correclty, the man forced the boy hat over his face so the boy could not see. Which, if this is the case...the boy still could have been able to see the man when he first asked him for directions from his car, right?
I dont get it? The boy still could have at least provided some sort of detail...I think this kidnap/sexul assault wasnt looked in to as much as it should have been. It's so close to Jacob's abduction w/ the gun..."dont look back or i'll shoot", etc.

Ya...I think that the perp was the guy they saw at Tom's Thumb....maybe he followed them....hid and acted. Why he chose Jacob, who knows?? I wish this case would be solved so badly....

Exactly how could he follow the boys and get ahead of them?

This is a skinny road. The boys would have seen a car.

He would have had to know how far they are going.

He walked across lawns, etc , in the beginning and then ran ahead somehow and hid in the driveway because he knew that they would be going that far?

It could have been another neighbor in the cul de sac. There weren't many.

Does anyone know how many houses in the cul de sac?

Seriously, I am going with 6 or less.

If I remember correclty, the man forced the boy hat over his face so the boy could not see. Which, if this is the case...the boy still could have been able to see the man when he first asked him for directions from his car, right?
I dont get it? The boy still could have at least provided some sort of detail...I think this kidnap/sexul assault wasnt looked in to as much as it should have been. It's so close to Jacob's abduction w/ the gun..."dont look back or i'll shoot", etc.

I went to my little neighborhood convenience store the other day. It's tiny.

I was thinking about my purchases and "looking " at the cashier.

It wasn't until a few minutes later I realized it was my neighbor girl who I have only seen a few times.

Next time you are out somewhere, see how much you pay attention to people that you have initial contact with.

One other thing from a post way back in maybe part 1, someone commented that DR said his mother didn't have stockings but later someone else commented that in a video the camera panned to the bathroom and there were stocking in there.

I'm curious about this, there was video taken of the inside of DR's house?

there seems to be another similarity in the Jared and Jacob situation- a farm.

Jared recognized the light on a farm.

so this abductor knows farms. Maybe he worked at these farms?

I wonder how tall DR is?

If Jared's perp is the same as Jacob's abductor, going by the sketch at Lotus' third link, it's not DR. Just don't look similar at all, imo. However, it could very well be someone just as local. I think this case will be solved eventually.

Celtic - I think there is some conflicting reports on the road. According to this article, the road was dirt: "Minutes later, with Larson pushing a scooter and the brothers on bicycles, they headed up the dirt road, into the night."

http://www.startribune.com/local/64675297.html?page=2&c=y

However, from video shots the road was paved. See the paved road at the 4:36 mark from the video titled, "Man Questioned in Wetterling Case":

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/

Perhaps Kiwi Ct. or 285th St. was dirt at the time and this is what is causing the confusion.

In further reviewing that video with DR, I caught something I hadn't before that the property wasn't searched until 5 days later. Later, he says the LE was searching his property that night. He was able to drive off in his car the next morning with big boxes in the back without question and they didn't search his car until later that day. What exactly was the property that was searched 5 days later? The house?

At the 3:03 mark in the video, you can see the exact spot where the bikes and scooter were dropped. It's at that bit of what is now pavement (then dirt with most likely a culvert underneath) I mentioned earlier used so farm equipment won't get stuck in the ditch. Compare that pic to the street view on google. The photographer is standing on the road shooting west. See the police tape strung from the telephone pole to the R's mailbox (both out of view at this mark but shows it at 4:36). The shadow of the telephone pole is just behind the LE car. The fence is no longer there but you can see on google the land had at been cleared at one time. It also looks as if the roadside area had been mown recently and the treeline is a ways away from the road. The area around the culvert and the driveway is clear so there would have been no immediate place to hide. Despite it being dark, one would think the abductor would have wanted to scout out a place to hide unless he knew he could get up the long driveway and to the house or outbuildings quickly without the landowner (cough, cough) seeing him.

Lotus - way back on part 1 or 2, someone from that area had posted they remembered seeing an interview inside the R's house and that when the camera panned, they could see stockings in the bathroom. The poster said they hadn't been able to find an online video of it.

Thanks for the pics of the scene. See, the land around it has been cleared so there is nowhere for anyone to hide after the abduction especially with a kid who most likely would be struggling and kicking and screaming if he had a second's chance. Sure, Aaron said he and Trevor turned around after a few moments but didn't see Jacob or the man, but the man wouldn't have known that in advance. Just like a stranger wouldn't have known the boys would have gone down that road even if he had seen them at the Tom Thumb. It's not likely a stalker, who might have known the lay of the land, who would know the boys would be coming back that way would have picked that particular spot on the long straight road for the abduction. Nope, I'm not buying the stranger or stalker theories.

I was on that road a few days after the abduction. I think it was paved, but it's a long time ago.

I think the Rassier driveway was dirt of some kind at the time. It look's like it is paved now, or with some kind of material other than dirt.

I cannot see how it was a "stalker" or a stranger.

Does anyone think that LE has more information that they haven't released to the public about this case?

Does anyone think that LE has more information that they haven't released to the public about this case?

Yes, they must in order to spend the tons of money that they did to dig up the farm.

Minnesota is low on funds just like most other states, so they don't have the funds to waste on frivolous things.

I am hoping someone said something that knows something.

I think there has to be tons more information. A lot of things just don't make sense. Don't you think LE would at least have Aaron, Trevor & Jared look at DR's pictures and listen to his voice to see if anything rings a bell to them? I mean yeah, thats not very good evidence for court or anything but it could mean a lot in the scheme of things as far as LE feeling they are on the right track. Ya know? Maybe they already have done that but can't release the info until they have physical evidence!? I dunno... seems like the public is really in the dark about a lot of things with this case. Just my feelings...

Yes, they must in order to spend the tons of money that they did to dig up the farm.

Minnesota is low on funds just like most other states, so they don't have the funds to waste on frivolous things.

I am hoping someone said something that knows something.

I like the sound of that. Gives me hope.....
+ praying for an end to this!!!

Let's hope LE is on to something because it seems the "new eyes" are making the same mistakes the old eyes did. Twenty years ago they let DR drive off with big boxes in the back of his car without searching it and now they let trucks with water barrels and festival tents and who knows what else drive off right in the middle of the new search. Twenty years ago they didn't search DR's property for 5 days (whatever he meant by that) and today we don't know how far in advance DR was informed there would be a new search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1