MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Post #521 by Mossad....

IMHO my simple take on this is:

anyone willing to take 'pains'(researching) in Paynesville will eventually gather enough pieces of information to solve those crimes. The clues exist with the experiences and testimonies of the victims. The focus should be on Paynesville for these cases and possibly Jared + Jacob's cases as well. The links of the Vietnamese rope trick are simply a metaphor for 'Painsville' or more actually 'Paynesville'.

anyone willing to take 'pains'(researching) in Paynesville will eventually gather enough pieces of information to solve those crimes. The clues exist with the experiences and testimonies of the victims. The focus should be on Paynesville for these cases and possibly Jared + Jacob's cases as well. The links of the Vietnamese rope trick are simply a metaphor for 'Painsville' or more actually 'Paynesville'.

Oh! I see it now!! Thanks!! But why the need to write it cryptically?

That makes sense now. Thanks.

"Those who diligently take pains vvill e ventually gather the missing pieces and assemble what remains of the puzzle."

pains vvill e = Paynesville

You may want to review one of mossad's earlier posts:

"The Torah code is a purported set of secret messages encoded within the Hebrew text of the Torah. The legitimacy of the Torah code has been debated for centuries. Some people believe the code can be employed as a method by which specific letters can be selected from generated text matrices to reveal an otherwise obscured message."

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6 - Page 26 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
(read posts #629 through 636.)

I'm not sure of the needs for codes either, perhaps a hobby of this poster?

The similarities of Jacob and Jared's cases are so eerie....Jared was at an ice rink...Jacob's mom (pretty sure it was mom),said in an interview that they were at a rink in the weeks before and she got a sudden eerie feeling. Reading Joy Baker's blog...she makes a compelling case that the same man was responsible for all of these attacks...including Jared and Jacob

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

maybe if we talk to someone in Paynesville who was around in 1989 about possible suspects they will probably clue us in on who they think did it.

I would love to be able to interview the victims a little bit further - I have some questions I'd like to ask them! How could WE get in touch with them?

The similarities of Jacob and Jared's cases are so eerie....Jared was at an ice rink...Jacob's mom (pretty sure it was mom),said in an interview that they were at a rink in the weeks before and she got a sudden eerie feeling. Reading Joy Baker's blog...she makes a compelling case that the same man was responsible for all of these attacks...including Jared and Jacob

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Jacob and Trevor were at the rink in St Cloud with their dad on the day of his abduction. Jerry lost track of Jacob at point and had an eerie feeling about it. He didn't recall that eerie feeling until a few days afterwards.

<modsnip>

This case is always on my mind. I live in St. Cloud, five minutes from where Jacob was abducted. My son was the same age as Jacob at the time. I have followed this case since day one. I remember the moment we all found out, I remember that feeling explicitly all these years later.

Another possible sighting in the state of Illinois popped up on August 10, 1990. A pair of girls reported that they had met a boy named Jacob at a swimming pool the prior day. The girls were at the police station to complain about a group of boys that had been harassing them when they noticed a poster of Jacob. The girls told police that the "Jacob" they knew looked just like Jacob Wetterling.

The girls saw the boy at the pool again the next day. This time they took pictures of him and showed them to the police. The police interviewed the boy at his parents home. They spoke with the parents and neighbors. Their investigation revealed that the boy had been living there for the last five years.

On October 3, 1990, a possible sighting of Jacob occurred in Reno, Nevada. A young boy had come into a store along with two men on three consecutive days at 9:00 am. On the third day a clerk asked one of the men if the boy was his son. The man laughed and indicated he was not his son. The trio never came back to the store after that. The clerk phoned authorties, and after being shown a poster of Jacob she identified the boy as being him.

Another lead in the investigation was produced in late October, 1990, just less than a year after Jacob had been taken. A waitress at the El Ray Truck Stop & Cafe in Motley, Minnesota said a man stopped into the truck stop and began talking about the Jacob Wetterling case. He mentioned taking a boy to a cabin, and a truck driver in the restaurant reported that he had seen a small boy in the same man's car. The boy hadn't entered the store. It was thought the man may have been driving north in an older Pontiac Bonneville that was in relatively poor condition.

It was determined the man was from St. Cloud and was traveling with his own son. He had heard reports about the encounter and called into authorities to explain it was him that had been seen at the truck stop.

Sources: Various newspaper articles from 1990

Another possible sighting in the state of Illinois popped up on August 10, 1990. A pair of girls reported that they had met a boy named Jacob at a swimming pool the prior day. The girls were at the police station to complain about a group of boys that had been harassing them when they noticed a poster of Jacob. The girls told police that the "Jacob" they knew looked just like Jacob Wetterling.

The girls saw the boy at the pool again the next day. This time they took pictures of him and showed them to the police. The police interviewed the boy at his parents home. They spoke with the parents and neighbors. Their investigation revealed that the boy had been living there for the last five years.

On October 3, 1990, a possible sighting of Jacob occurred in Reno, Nevada. A young boy had come into a store along with two men on three consecutive days at 9:00 am. On the third day a clerk asked one of the men if the boy was his son. The man laughed and indicated he was not his son. The trio never came back to the store after that. The clerk phoned authorties, and after being shown a poster of Jacob she identified the boy as being him.

Another lead in the investigation was produced in late October, 1990, just less than a year after Jacob had been taken. A waitress at the El Ray Truck Stop & Cafe in Motley, Minnesota said a man stopped into the truck stop and began talking about the Jacob Wetterling case. He mentioned taking a boy to a cabin, and a truck driver in the restaurant reported that he had seen a small boy in the same man's car. The boy hadn't entered the store. It was thought the man may have been driving north in an older Pontiac Bonneville that was in relatively poor condition.

It was determined the man was from St. Cloud and was traveling with his own son. He had heard reports about the encounter and called into authorities to explain it was him that had been seen at the truck stop.

Sources: Various newspaper articles from 1990

The Reno one sounds possible. Did they ever follow up in your article or a later article with any more info on if they went out there and checked this lead out?

http://books.google.ca/books?id=gij...Q#v=onepage&q=rothstein on wetterling&f=false

According to book linked to above, Jerry W. recalled that there were about 20 or so spectators at the rink that fateful day when Jake was skating.....

I wonder if the rink had video surveillance? Jerry says he could pinpoint where he sensed the danger from.... anyone know if they went through any video (if there were any) from the rink inside the arena and in the parking lot area???

I honestly don't recall if they had security cameras at the time, and cannot seem to locate any information as to when they did (if they did), in fact, install security cameras.

The path of the tornado generally extended north and south along Highway 23 for many years (even further than shown here), its epicenter being near the intersection of Highways 23 and 55. The storm deviated from the highways, however, and grew in its intensity. Red lines depict night routes. Confirmed touchdowns are denoted by yellow pins.
-- quote from member named Mossad - post #786 December 24, 2013)

Mossad -- just wondering if you can pls indicate what the red dots are for? I get the lines are the roads travelled. I get the yellow pins indicate where the tornado touched down. Are the red dots of significance as well? Thanks in advance.

EDITED TO ADD: answer found in follow up post from Mossad a few pages later.... the dots were made automatically by Google apparently.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=gij...Q#v=onepage&q=rothstein on wetterling&f=false

According to book linked to above, Jerry W. recalled that there were about 20 or so spectators at the rink that fateful day when Jake was skating.....

I wonder if the rink had video surveillance? Jerry says he could pinpoint where he sensed the danger from.... anyone know if they went through any video (if there were any) from the rink inside the arena and in the parking lot area???

I'm not sure if they even have video surveillance now. I had thought maybe other parents taking video of their kids skating might show someone who didn't belong, not sure if LE tried contacting parents who would have been there with kids that day to see if they could view any of their video. They may have put a notice up at the rink asking people to let them view any videos.

we discussed video surveillance on here earlier.

people must remember that it was 1989. A whole different world than now. Rarely did stores have video surveillance.

the chances of video then are zero, IMO

Mossad, could you please tell us why you, from Israel, have so much information on a tiny little town in the US?

Mossad, are you using the cheap location disguiser you can get on the internet to disguise your location? I don't know if it disguises your ip address as well. I should look that up. I sense you are from MN. You sure seem to know a lot about our small towns and about the players in this case. It is like playing the hot and cold game. It would be nice if you just let us (or FBI or law enforcement) know exactly what you know about the abduction.

You may find it, disturbing and closer than you ever expected, frightening even . . . are you prepared for that?

http://www.destgulch.com/movies/apoc/apoc12.jpg

"The reaches opened before us and closed behind, as if the forest had stepped leisurely across the water to bar the way for our return. We penetrated deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness."

"I raised my head. The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds, and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky--seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness."

Prov. 11:14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member