MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The abduction happened at about 9:15 p.m. Larson and Trevor Wetterling ran the ½-mile back to the Wetterling home. A neighbor and the boys called 911 at 9:32 p.m"

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

So I estimate it took about 12-15 mins for the boys to run home after stopping to turn around and look once or twice and around 2-5 mins to tell the babysitter the story and for the babysitter to call Merle to come over. He called 911 at 9:32. The abduction time was estimated at 9:15pm. If they stopped halfway after running, 6-7 mins should have been enough time to get to the highway if they sped. The highway is very close. If the vehicle had no loud mufflers, it may have been difficult for them to hear a car while running.

It took them 6 days to search his property and up by his house. Tell me more about how tracks wouldn't erode during this duration.....

The tire tracks were discovered the next morning at daylight I assume. That would explain the police tape blocking any more movement through there the next morning. Tracks on gravel are capable of staying around for days, weeks, months.

"The abduction happened at about 9:15 p.m. Larson and Trevor Wetterling ran the ½-mile back to the Wetterling home. A neighbor and the boys called 911 at 9:32 p.m"

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

So I estimate it took about 12-15 mins for the boys to run home after stopping to turn around and look once or twice and around 2-5 mins to tell the babysitter the story and for the babysitter to call Merle to come over. He called 911 at 9:32. The abduction time was estimated at 9:15pm. If they stopped halfway after running, 6-7 mins should have been enough time to get to the highway if they sped. The highway is very close. If the vehicle had no loud mufflers, it may have been difficult for them to hear a car while running.

Have you personally experienced the site of the abduction for yourself? The dead of night would allow a pin drop to be heard there.

There should have been a vehicle seen or at least heard in that situation.

Yes, but not necessarily. It sounds to me that the boys turned around almost immediately the first time, since they saw the man grab Jacob at the end of the driveway. When the boys turned around again, the man and Jacob were gone. It's possible that the vehicle had not left the driveway, yet, as Jacob and the abductor had to walk (or run) up the driveway to get to the vehicle as the boys continued running to the Wetterling residence.

Yes, but not necessarily. It sounds to me that the boys turned around almost immediately the first time, since they saw the man grab Jacob at the end of the driveway. When the boys turned around again, the man and Jacob were gone. It's possible that the vehicle had not left the driveway, yet, as Jacob and the abductor had to walk (or run) up the driveway to get to the vehicle as the boys continued running to the Wetterling residence.

how did the stranger abductor know the boys didn't live at the farm?

Say there was a car involved, would the boys have seen it if the car was parked as far up the driveway where the last footprint was found? From some postings, you can't see the house from the road. What about from where the boys were running? They saw him grab Jacob's arm, most likely from the abduction spot and we know he went up the driveway. Could the boys see that spot where Jacob's last footprint was found?
I have only been to the site during the day in recent years. It was much less populated in 1989. Yes, very quiet and dark.

Say there was a car involved, would the boys have seen it if the car was parked as far up the driveway where the last footprint was found? From some postings, you can't see the house from the road. What about from where the boys were running? They saw him grab Jacob's arm, most likely from the abduction spot and we know he went up the driveway. Could the boys see that spot where Jacob's last footprint was found?
I have only been to the site during the day in recent years. It was much less populated in 1989. Yes, very quiet and dark.

In my best memory it seems very possible they could see that whole driveway yet. Any sound from that driveway would have rolled off in waves all over the immediate area. It's important that we find out where they looked back from.

I still think the abductor was local. He had to have known the area and where the boys lived, knew the road and possibly seen Jacob in passing somehow.

YES. This is probably why the boys didn't hear a car go by. It is possible the car left after the boys looked back the last time or got to the house. You are right sasquatch. The noise of a car would most likely travel because there were no buildings or trees to block the sound in the area where they were. They probably would have heard or saw something when they stopped to turn around the second time.

Just want to verify from anyone who knows for sure:

Is it true that D.R. taught music at St. John's University where Joshua Guimond mysteriously vanished from back in 2002??

On a side note: I have said before and I'll say it again: I have always though that D.R knows what happened to Jacob that fateful night.

I am thinking they would have had to run through a field the entire way back to the Wetterlings. (I've been to the site many times.) It must have been so dark, they must have been terrified. :(

I wonder if the field was plowed at the time...I would think so being it was the end of October. But sometimes, if the crop is wheat for instance, the farmer's just cut it short and not plow it up until spring. Running through that may be a bit noisy, along with their panicked breathing and probably talking to each other.

I don't believe a car was involved IMO, but if there was a car these could be some reasons they didn't hear it.

Is it true that D.R. taught music at St. John's University where Joshua Guimond mysteriously vanished from back in 2002??

On a side note: I have said before and I'll say it again: I have always though that D.R knows what happened to Jacob that fateful night.

Yes, that's true.

Yes this is probably why when you google image search DR, a picture of joshua guimond comes up as well. A man was seen running that night, josh was taken on dr's known path

Where's the proof that LE went all the way up the driveway in searching for tire tracks? There is none. It wasn't until 6 days after the abduction that they searched the farm. But than again, if he had a hovering vehicle we wouldn't have to worry about contamination. :banghead:

Why does it matter if they didn't search all the way up the driveway to the farm right away? The vehicle still had to drive on the part that they did search extensively before reaching the farm and there are no unaccounted for tire tracks anymore...so there was no vehicle. :gavel:

Exactly...This is the most profound statement I've seen recently. The answer is because it was no stranger. It is the only answer.

And people who keep mentioning other vehicles involved, where did they park? Why were their no unidentified tire tracks? Are you guys saying this car was parked elsewhere? If so, where? And how did it get past the boys, there were no cars passing them. The perp had to see the boys and KNOW where they were going back to. They were not followed back from the store. No cars passed. The ONLY explanation is that someone who lived nearby saw them leaving and decided to get one of them on the way back. I believe it was a last minute action carried out by years of planning and fantasizing.

And FindTim, I believe DR did not plan on answering the door that night until he was done. He may have his vehicle garaged and that would give cops the idea that nobody was home. Cops can't gain access without a warrant. Once DR was done with JW, he called 911 at 11:23 to report lights he saw at his woodpile and was then 'told' about the abduction. He then made his way to the scene and told cops he would search his own property. I believe that was enough for cops to initially leave him alone.

Exactly...This is the most profound statement I've seen recently. The answer is because it was no stranger. It is the only answer.

And people who keep mentioning other vehicles involved, where did they park? Why were their no unidentified tire tracks? Are you guys saying this car was parked elsewhere? If so, where? And how did it get past the boys, there were no cars passing them. The perp had to see the boys and KNOW where they were going back to. They were not followed back from the store. No cars passed. The ONLY explanation is that someone who lived nearby saw them leaving and decided to get one of them on the way back. I believe it was a last minute action carried out by years of planning and fantasizing.

And FindTim, I believe DR did not plan on answering the door that night until he was done. He may have his vehicle garaged and that would give cops the idea that nobody was home. Cops can't gain access without a warrant. Once DR was done with JW, he called 911 at 11:23 to report lights he saw at his woodpile and was then 'told' about the abduction. He then made his way to the scene and told cops he would search his own property. I believe that was enough for cops to initially leave him alone.

I could not agree more!

DR (Mr BeBOP) Mr. "Well that means this case would be solved" was home alone all day, running.

And even that is disputed. You can't have it both ways. You want his vehicle accounted for to eliminate the extra tracks, but Kevin denounces that he stopped in the middle of the driveway. :laugh:

"Kevin, on the other hand, decides to turn left (south) and see if there are any flashing lights down that direction. He gets as far as Rassiers’ driveway and knows it’s a dead end after that, so he decides to pull in and turn around. He pulls ALL THE WAY INTO THE DRIVEWAY and turns around by the light pole which is down by the house."
http://www.joybaker.com/?s=kevin

Why does it matter if they didn't search all the way up the driveway to the farm right away? The vehicle still had to drive on the part that they did search extensively before reaching the farm and there are no unaccounted for tire tracks anymore...so there was no vehicle. :gavel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C