MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
S1 was also a band teacher. Maybe he wanted his instruments back, too.

~ svh

He was bringing instruments to Rocorri. He had some at home and was bringing them in.I believe he said he had fixed some and they were needed at school for band.

Yes, the interesting question is when did this guy come onto their radar? DR must have been keeping a tight local secret. In any case this guy surely must have visited often and privately. This may be what prevented him from coming onto their radar. We only know about it because of a mistake DR made on FB and discovered right here on WS.

~ svh

But then how did 2nd perp arrive and leave the scene of the crime? Cops were on site quickly as was Kevin. No other tire tracks showing strange vehicle. No witnesses stating other non resident in area at the time. This was a last minute abduction so 2nd perp had to already be there. If he was a regular visitor and we have to assume there was not a plan in place, then he would have driven up DR driveway and had to leave at some point.

Yes, we'd have to know that LE didn't photograph, study or cast that path.

~ svh

I doubt if they did. Especially knowing that they allowed DR to search the outbuildings himself which would be in the direction of the field which would also allow him to "scuff up" any tire tracks. And even if someone did notice recent tracks going towards the field he could easily explain that away.

I think he was picked up, thrown in the truck and the truck just drove forward towards the field, got on the side road, accessed the highway and was gone in 2 to 3 minutes.

Given that it was probably quickly deduced that a round trip to somewhere was being attempted, they might have had a few minutes to grab a few essentials. So, yes, I think you're right. This is the simplest explanation and it is consistent with flight.

There's another angle to this though that deals with the psychology of the "barter" made between these two. What was their role and relationship vis-a-vis JEW? I need to think about that, too. That could affect how quickly he left. For other reasons I think S1 did go to IL and both DR and S1 had a common, familiar territory down there. They attended grad school there together some years before.

~ svh

But then how did 2nd perp arrive and leave the scene of the crime? Cops were on site quickly as was Kevin. No other tire tracks showing strange vehicle. No witnesses stating other non resident in area at the time. This was a last minute abduction so 2nd perp had to already be there. If he was a regular visitor and we have to assume there was not a plan in place, then he would have driven up DR driveway and had to leave at some point.

I think the actual snatcher, S1, arrived days before. So his tracks, if any, would be old. Because of the way the driveway is packed, if he drove normally there might not be any tracks at all, except possibly at the turnaround. I'm not sure a neighbor at those distances would witness a visitor driving up his driveway at any random, say, 1 minute interval of time. Yes, I agree with was more or less last minute, and both S1 and S2 were definitely there and decked out for the occasion. And I agree, he would have to drive up at some point and leave at some point.

~ svh

Given that it was probably quickly deduced that a round trip to the somewhere was being attempted, they might have had a few minutes to grab a few essentials. So, yes, I think you're right. This is the simplest explanation and it is consistent with flight.

There's another angle to this though that deals with the psychology of the "barter" made between these two. What was their role and relationship vis-a-vis JEW? I need to think about that, too. That could affect how quickly he left. For other reasons I think S1 did go to IL and both DR and S1 had a common, familiar territory down there. They attended grad school there together some years before.

~ svh

agree. I wonder how long DR had to "lay low" before meeting up with them? It happened in October so the Thanksgiving holiday (4 days off) and Christmas break (2+ weeks off) were coming soon. Does anyone know if DR left for any extended time? Because of the seclusion of the farm I doubt anyone would be aware of his comings and goings especially if he utilized the back road out.

I doubt if they did. Especially knowing that they allowed DR to search the outbuildings himself which would be in the direction of the field which would also allow him to "scuff up" any tire tracks. And even if someone did notice recent tracks going towards the field he could easily explain that away.

I agree, even if Sasquatch is right, it would take some good convincing to show me a track on any of those back roads that we could conclusively attribute to a suspect car.

~ svh

old pickups used on farms travel those roads all the time and somebody driving one back then would not stand out.

So you are saying the 2nd perp originally came to DR's house by a back road? Why? If he was a friend of DR he would pull in the driveway as usual. No indication or reason for going around the back to hide anything as 2nd perp would have no idea they were going to have access to a child that night. Remember? This was a last minute and 1st time out alone at night event. Perp had to make visual contact with boys flashlights, went down the road to see who they were and then put the plan into action.

agree. I wonder how long DR had to "lay low" before meeting up with them? It happened in October so the Thanksgiving holiday (4 days off) and Christmas break (2+ weeks off) were coming soon. Does anyone know if DR left for any extended time? Because of the seclusion of the farm I doubt anyone would be aware of his comings and goings especially if he utilized the back road out.

I think we've identified the perpetrators already, but I'm open to adding some. I'm transitioning my focus now to trying to track JEW and company. If there is some causal connection there, and there might be, then I'd want to know. But hopefully I won't need to answer it because it would be hard to answer, frankly and imo.

~ svh

Clarification: the "thing" hard to answer is when did DR rendezvous with his confederate. Hope that made sense.

So you are saying the 2nd perp originally came to DR's house by a back road? Why? If he was a friend of DR he would pull in the driveway as usual. No indication or reason for going around the back to hide anything as 2nd perp would have no idea they were going to have access to a child that night. Remember? This was a last minute and 1st time out alone at night event. Perp had to make visual contact with boys flashlights, went down the road to see who they were and then put the plan into action.

I would most certainly not assume he has no reason to conceal his arrival.

~ svh

I'm not saying he arrived that way - just that he left that way. When he arrived he probably just pulled over to the side of the driveway meaning his car was still pointed in the same direction - towards the field. When leaving, he just continued going forward toward the field and side road.

LE trolls these posts. Either you will hear of a further investigation, or nothing, in which case they know these ideas have been exhausted. Let us assume the FBI and LE with today's technology are professionals.

BBM

Exactly! And it would be very difficult to see the boys from the house...very long driveway, behind trees. The perp would have had to already be outside to either see or hear them go by, such as walking down the driveway to get the mail or returning from a run.

LE trolls these posts. Either you will hear of a further investigation, or nothing, in which case they know these ideas have been exhausted. Let us assume the FBI and LE with today's technology are professionals.

hopefully not always.

About halfway through their mile-long trip, Aaron heard a rustle in the tall grass by the road. "A little shiver went through me," he said. "I didn't know if it was a person or an animal, but I kind of sped up. I don't know if Trevor or Jacob even heard it. ... It was just a strange noise that shouldn't be there."

http://www.startribune.com/templates/Print_This_Story?sid=64655247

I think we've identified the perpetrators already, but I'm open to adding some. I'm transitioning my focus now to trying to track JEW and company. If there is some causal connection there, and there might be, then I'd want to know. But hopefully I won't need to answer it because it would be hard to answer, frankly and imo.

~ svh

Clarification: the "thing" hard to answer is when did DR rendezvous with his confederate. Hope that made sense.

I found some coordinates that a psychic had thought of on a website. I know.. a psychic.. not the most credible source.. but she saw Jacob's body in Wisconsin. Do you want me to find and post the info?

It's been posted before. I hope you all take the time to start at the first thread and read thru all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member