MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two subjects S1&S2 . One lived right on the scene with no alabi, however there is no known history os sexual interest in children. The other has a definite history of sexual interest in children but we have no indication that he was anywhere near the scene. Together, they raise a lot of interest, but separately they amount to very little.

I am not aware of two men working together to abduct a child for sexual purposes. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened but it would be highly unusual. Abducting,raping and then murdering a child is essentially a solitary crime that perps normally do not admit to even when all evidence is against them.

We really do not have all the information about footprints. In the one photo of Jacob's footprints and the tire track, no adult footprints are visible but we don't know about elsewhere and we don't know that all dirt surrounding the was equally soft.

Show me that size 10 to 13 black boot twisting its foot into the gravel as he turns sideways and sits down to enter the vehicle. Have fun.

This is an interesting question about the meaning of words, in this case, the word “prank”. Since what we are dealing with here is an Axis II NPD I’ll explain it in those terms. I’ve mentioned before some of the feature sets of NPD and described how they present. I noted that NPD’s have a limited range of emotion and often only feel anger. But there is one other emotion they feel that runs very, very deep and it the hardest to study and diagnose clinically. But if you’re familiarity with them is good, you will know about this. I call it “comic-lust”. This goes to the question about playing jokes on people. When an NPD is forced to live in a “civilized” society it is a major, major task to stay within boundaries most of us don’t even think about. This means that whenever they are in an uncontrolled environment, or can create one without cost to themselves, there is a euphoric release of these constraints. It’s like the giddiness and excitement of going out on a first date, or thrill seeking as my grandparents called it, but 1000 times stronger. This is bad Feng Shui. One of the things NPDs value so much is their freedom from these other emotions (when it serves them – sadly, they generally never comprehend the magnitude of the good they are missing completely). So self-serving, base, characteristically narcissistic behavior emerges, sometimes explosively on a crime scene, where the sufferer is in an impassioned frenzy, just like that first date 1000 times over, and this includes enjoying the suffering of others. This is the proverbial, tired meme of lack of empathy coming forth violently to give the sufferer the “room” to let their boundaries fly apart, to let their disorder express without inhibition. And oddly, when this happens, the sufferer can feel an undercurrent of anger as well, anger at those that constrained them (pretty much everyone). So how does all this manifest? This giddiness of a first date mixed with a dab of anger is what I call comic-lust. Comic-lust is experiencing great humor and excitement in the suffering of others.

When a man accused of murdering your daughter invites you over to plead his innocence with you, then surreptitiously guides you over the floor where your daughter is buried, he is getting a sick kick out of this, having you walk on her grave and not knowing it. It is hilarious to him precisely because he knows how painful it would be to you to find out. It’s your pain that humors. When a natural born NPD helps a suffering family try to resolve what happened to their missing child, he injects bits of truth in a false narrative in order to “tell you to your face” they killed your child and to then laugh about that. Because again, they know you would be hurt if you found out. And they can’t help it. Like robots they consistently, reliably do this kind of stuff. And once you’ve been around it a long time, or been very close to it, you pick up on these cues and tells and can see it where the “normal” population thinks nothing at all. So, a cruel joke or prank might be to tell the public exactly what car JEW left in, and to even describe seeing him drive out of his own driveway, for a sick punch of laughter. And it’s like lust. It runs deep and powerful and can be felt for days or even years after the fact. It’s a strange combination of anger, comedy and lust that makes the true naturals do things like take keepsakes from crime scenes, taunt police, mutilate remains for no reason, etc. And it really gets scary when you realize that almost all of those personality features seen in disorders actually derive of just one core being; comic-lust.

So, on a crime scene, you look for that engineered contrivance that sticks out as conspicuously hurtful to someone, either physically or in an abstract, emotional way, but not in an obvious way, such as by the crime itself. And if it is a prank gone wrong, you look for that same conspicuous harm engineered in some way to be made harmless, but which in the case of the crime presenting, became harmful instead. The asking of ages of the boys was conspicuous comic-lust, even if I assume in this latter narrative I’ve reached that this might have actually been a specific request by S2 made of S1. Either way, it has the same origin. It’s comic-lust and that is why it makes no sense to you. You don’t have even the smallest measure of comic-lust. It is alien to you.

So, finally, back to the word “prank”. We all know what it means, but what happens when the mark of the con is the object of comic-lust? This is something sadistic and aberrant, but it can still take on all the appearance and manner of a prank. It is the same for all intents and purposes, it’s just that the design of the prank, when designed by an Axis II, conveys a comic-lust. When designed by any other person, there will be no indication in the evidence of the deliberate, reckless risk of immense suffering of another person for someone else’s gratification.

Nicely done!

Question
Could one Jacob shoe print only by the tracks mean that Jacob was at that point already in a vehicle, then briefly almost got out before being pulled back in? Or does the direction of his foot rule that out? Does the seemingly continuous track rule that out?

Trackerd, I'm hoping you can help me with these Qs. Or someone else with experience.

Also, how can LE really ID tracks to specific cars? I mean, I could go and get any number of tires on my average sedan, right? And my neighbor or friend could buy the same tires for their sedan, right?

“Some of these were taken from a group of boys. That is really rare,” Patty Wetterling said. “The threat of a gun, the age of the victims, they were close to Jacob’s age. I do think there is a strong possibility they are connected to Jacob’s case.”

I would say this statement trumps any thoughts or ideas you may have. Patty has forgotten more about these cases than you or I will ever know.

I repeat. Why did she ask DR about it being a prank? Why she send him a letter?

I suspect that Patty asked DR if it was a prank to give him a way "out." If he took the way out, then he would likely spill the beans.

The bigger question is, why didn't he address the letter once he got it?

Just as winter was coming to a close, and a sense of normalcy returning to the streets of St. Joseph, something happened to a 12 year old boy that reignited the fear that had ruled the community in the five months since Jacob's kidnapping. On Friday March 16, 1990, 12 year old Jason was delivering newspapers with his all-terrain vehicle on Crestview Drive in his home neighborhood of the Pleasant Acres addition in St. Joseph. At about 4:30 pm, Jason said a man driving an old green van stopped and asked him for directions to a particular person's home. The man asked the boy to come over to the van to give him directions. Jason declined to come over to the van, telling the man he didn't recognize the name mentioned. The man then told the boy he had another address, and again asked him to approach the van. The man offered to pay the boy to come over to the van. The boy reacted by taking off on his all-terrain vehicle. He sped away and after going a couple of blocks turned around to see that the van had left the area.

Jason went home to tell his mother what had happened. His mother immediately called 911 to report the incident. She saw a county patrol officer drive through the neighborhood soon after making the call. After an hour passed, Jason's mother called 911 again to express concern that the officer did not stop to talk to her son. No officer came. She was further agitated by the incident after she learned that a neighbor had seen a similar van in the neighborhood several times while jogging. When asked to explain his department's response to the call, Sheriff Jim Kostreba acknowledged that the office could have stopped by the house to interview the boy. However, he pointed out that his office had fielded a lot of similar calls in the last few months. "Since the Jacob abduction, we've gotten probably hundreds and hundreds of these types of calls," he said. "We do get a car to the area and check it out."

Paraphrased from various newspaper articles from March 1990

I'm going to throw this out one more time because I'm somewhat hot on this idea right now and don't know if it's come up before, and before I get distracted by the next "bingo" thing. BTW, I feel very adhd with this case, lots of bingos and then forgetting them days later.

I propose that the single Jacob shoe print was from Jacob stepping OFF a vehicle, not getting into one. It would explain why only one. He would have already been on or in the vehicle, then tried to get off and was pulled back on. Does this work for the direction and imprint of the print? I think maybe it does. I'm not sure if it works though for the seemingly continuous tire track.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Jacob footprint.jpg
    Jacob footprint.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34
Wouldn't the tires go over the print?

Why would the tires go over the print if he's hanging off/out, touches down with one foot (putting body weight on that foot, which could be why it looks "pressed in"), and is then pulled back on and car continues.

Because the rear tires would go over it.

I'm going to throw this out one more time because I'm somewhat hot on this idea right now and don't know if it's come up before, and before I get distracted by the next "bingo" thing. BTW, I feel very adhd with this case, lots of bingos and then forgetting them days later.

I propose that the single Jacob shoe print was from Jacob stepping OFF a vehicle, not getting into one. It would explain why only one. He would have already been on or in the vehicle, then tried to get off and was pulled back on. Does this work for the direction and imprint of the print? I think maybe it does. I'm not sure if it works though for the seemingly continuous tire track.

Thoughts?

According to my tests it certainly suggests something of this nature. But for me it only looks like Kevin abducted Jacob if a vehicle was involved. But thats impossible because kevin has alibis.

I can't find the footprint picture!!

But, when I remember looking at it, it was right by the tire print. How can he be that close to the tire print without the rear tire going over the footprint?

How could he get such a deep indentation with one foot? There should be some scuffing if he was pulled back in, I don't see how he could press that hard from the car without falling out head first. Where is the other foot ?

Footprint on page 19 of previous thread. I'm not picturing that he could fall out head first. I'm picturing him climbing out or off one foot first, trying to get down/out, just enough to put all weight on foot, then getting pulled back up/in.

Not a perfect theory (and no idea about what vehicle, who), but at this moment I can picture this better than him leaving a singular print getting into a vehicle.

I just had a bingo moment. Why is that footprint so still, deep, and with pattern intact? Because DR traded off his boot for jacobs shoe, he put on jacobs shoe and stepped in hard then out. Dr goes back into the grass and they remove there boits and shoes and walk wherever barefoot or in socks. Imo of course.

Question
Could one Jacob shoe print only by the tracks mean that Jacob was at that point already in a vehicle, then briefly almost got out before being pulled back in? Or does the direction of his foot rule that out? Does the seemingly continuous track rule that out?

imo, the continuous track doesn't rule anything out. I've seen dozens of dirt tracks of cars where cars continued, stopped, sat and proceeded and all they leave is a continuous, contiguous track. But, the part about JEW stepping out is interesting. The only thing I'd question is that I think there is a line of JEW footprints leading right up to that last impression.

And I wouldn't know about identifying specific cars, but I think it's obvious that if a track is too narrow to be a modern belted radial then you can exclude a very large class of cars. Doesn't really tell you what car, but definitely narrows down the set of cars possible.

~ svh

My own guess is that she is thinking the crime scene is not consistent with a crime scene. In other words, this is so rare it is not as it appears and was not intended to be a crime originally.

~ svh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member