Deceased/Not Found MN - Jessica Jo Marshik, 36, apt door found ajar, Minneapolis, 14 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with you! The FB page is very “tight lipped”! Could you reach out to her family personally? As a concerned friend? I don’t think it’s strange for friends to reach out to family to offer condolences and ask about arrangements. Especially after this much time has passed!

For what it's worth, the family has scheduled a memorial for June, according to the FB page. No other information, but there's that, if you were still looking.

hi, i've been following this case. jessica was an acquaintance of mine and i'm very sorry to hear that her life seems to have been cut way too short. she was such a sweet and strong person.

out of curiosity, i noticed that the update about jessica being presumed deceased was posted in january but i saw on Namus that her entry was updated at the end of march; not removed as is normal when people are deceased. my question is, does that mean perhaps there is evidence that she could actually be alive? or is it some kind of error?

hi, i've been following this case. jessica was an acquaintance of mine and i'm very sorry to hear that her life seems to have been cut way too short. she was such a sweet and strong person.

out of curiosity, i noticed that the update about jessica being presumed deceased was posted in january but i saw on Namus that her entry was updated at the end of march; not removed as is normal when people are deceased. my question is, does that mean perhaps there is evidence that she could actually be alive? or is it some kind of error?

Most likely not, unfortunately. MP cases generally stay up until the person is located alive or a body has been recovered and definitively ID'd. This also applies to cases where a person is still considered missing but evidence has been recovered that proves they are not alive and/or there has been a murder conviction without the body.

I still have so many questions about this case.

I know some assume this was a suicide, but there's no mention of a note and why isn't her death registered with the State of Minnesota?

If this was a murder, what is the status of the investigation?

Did anyone here attend the service that was held in June? Was more information given?

Just wondering if anyone else is still following this case and looking into what happened.

Thank you for your response! Could you please site where they say that she has been deceased? I have not seen that.
Minnesota United

***FOUND AN ANGEL 1/29/2021***

Hello, we have an unfortunate update on the status of Jessica Marshik’s missing person’s case, she was found deceased. With her family’s approval, we posted this update just now. Thank you for posting about her and your help, much appreciated, Jennifer.

Minnesota United

***FOUND AN ANGEL 1/29/2021***

Hello, we have an unfortunate update on the status of Jessica Marshik’s missing person’s case, she was found deceased. With her family’s approval, we posted this update just now. Thank you for posting about her and your help, much appreciated, Jennifer.
That FB post quotes (further down), and draws a false assumption from, the 1/29/2022 post from the Finding Jessica Marshik group, quoted in post #158: Deceased/Not Found - MN - Jessica Jo Marshik, 36, apt door found ajar, Minneapolis, 14 Dec 2021. Assuming that "presumed no longer with us" equals "found deceased", when nothing appears then or later in the FJM group to indicate otherwise. IMO nothing has changed.
MOO RIP Jessica

edited for minor typo

I still have so many questions about this case.

I know some assume this was a suicide, but there's no mention of a note and why isn't her death registered with the State of Minnesota?

If this was a murder, what is the status of the investigation?

Did anyone here attend the service that was held in June? Was more information given?

Just wondering if anyone else is still following this case and looking into what happened.
FWIW: You are not alone in finding the 'presumed dead' to be questionable. Look around the 'net.

I’m also local and followed this case with curiosity.

I assume that Jessica’s loved ones had a memorial service for her because they had pretty definitive indication she was deceased. I did find it interesting that there was no obituary (that I could find).

When few details are released, it always makes me think that this was due to the family’s preference - and that leads me to think either self harm, or accidental death with some sort of element that loved ones find uncomfortable (e.g., substances or risky behaviors). No way to know if this is the case for Jessica.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back