MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes - law enforcement likes to claim that a Pope County search dog traced Josh to the lake - over and over you will hear this by SCSO. But the fact is - in the original report, his scent was traced to the roadway, not directly to the water, which is why this original dog handler reported that it would be a possibility that Josh got into a vehicle at that point.

Like I said, Sas, SCSO was so convinced that Josh was in that water. They were the ones quoted in the papers about this. Not once did they mention the possibility that Josh was anywhere but the water early in the case.

You're wrong because the search for Joshua had never rested on one piece.

The search for Joshua included the National Guard, hundreds of local people who searched the grounds and lakes in the st johns university area, the Stearns County Sherriff’s department used horses and men on foot to search.

For days, volunteers and law enforcement searched the entire St. John’s campus and woodlands. Stumpf Lake was carefully checked.

Buildings, Woods, Lakes, and interviews have always been a focus in this case. Today there is still no clue as to where he is.

Last edited:
You're wrong because the search for Joshua had never rested on one piece.

The search for Joshua included the National Guard, hundreds of local people who searched the grounds and lakes in the st johns university area, the Stearns County Sherriff’s department used horses and men on foot to search.

For days, volunteers and law enforcement searched the entire St. John’s campus and woodlands. Stumpf Lake was carefully checked.

Buildings, Woods, Lakes, and interviews have always been a focus in this case. Today there is still no clue as to where he is.

I am well aware of all of the searches made on campus. That was protocol. It was their job to conduct all of those searches.

What I am talking about are the statements made to Josh's family, the media and the public. Kostreba (Sheriff at the time) directly stated to Brian Guimond "He's in the water." That was the very first day of the search. They continued to push that narrative to the media and the family. This did this for months until they realized that he most likely was not in the water.

By focusing on this one possibility, SCSO sabotaged any other opportunity to fully investigate other possibilities. Today there is still no clue as to where he is because of this.

Monday, November 11, 2002: The entire St. Johns campus and surrounding areas were searched by horse and foot, including buildings, the power plant and all wooded areas. Divers from the Stearns County Sheriffs Department searched a slough on campus after a search dog led them to the area. The Minnesota State Patrol aided in the search sending helicopters to do an arial search of the woods on and around campus, and a state-wide alert by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Minnesota Crime Alert Network Missing Persons Bulletin went out in all major media and twin cities newscasts.

Tuesday, November 12, 2002: Campus buildings continued to be searched, as stated by Michael Hemmesch, St. Johns Director of Communications. He also stated that the Stearns County Sheriffs Department was conducting the search and had not yet asked for help from local volunteers. Offers from Maple Lake High School were turned down by the Stearns County Sheriffs department, which said that only prayers were needed at this time.

Who said something about water was the only central focus?

By focusing on this one possibility, SCSO sabotaged any other opportunity to fully investigate other possibilities. Today there is still no clue as to where he is because of this.

Buildings, power plants, woods, lakes, interviews., other recent abductions, pleading for more help. No focus has ever been on one thing ever.

Monday, November 11, 2002: The entire St. Johns campus and surrounding areas were searched by horse and foot, including buildings, the power plant and all wooded areas. Divers from the Stearns County Sheriffs Department searched a slough on campus after a search dog led them to the area. The Minnesota State Patrol aided in the search sending helicopters to do an arial search of the woods on and around campus, and a state-wide alert by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Minnesota Crime Alert Network Missing Persons Bulletin went out in all major media and twin cities newscasts.

Tuesday, November 12, 2002: Campus buildings continued to be searched, as stated by Michael Hemmesch, St. Johns Director of Communications. He also stated that the Stearns County Sheriffs Department was conducting the search and had not yet asked for help from local volunteers. Offers from Maple Lake High School were turned down by the Stearns County Sheriffs department, which said that only prayers were needed at this time.

Who said something about water was the only central focus?

In the first 72 hours of this investigation:

Did SCSO interview convenience store and gas station employees around all exits of the nearby highway? No.
Did SCSO interview any of the 18 monks known to have charges of sexual misconduct against them? No.
Did SCSO interview that last people that actually saw Joshua that night. No.
Did SCSO seal off Josh's room or take any of Josh's possessions to consider any possibilities of where he was? No.
Did SCSO investigate the key card entry system to Josh's dorm room? No.
Did SCSO consider contacting the BCA to help in the investigation? No.
Did SCSO speak to the Guimond family in a threatening manner when they appeared on television to plead for help in finding their son? YES.

These are acts of an agency that did not take an abduction scenario seriously in the first 72 hours.

I feel like 90% of my time on websleuths is trying to explain the to Sasquatch321 ;)

Did SCSO interview convenience store and gas station employees around all exits of the nearby highway? No.
Did SCSO interview any of the 18 monks known to have charges of sexual misconduct against them? No.
Did SCSO seal off Josh's room or take any of Josh's possessions to consider any possibilities of where he was? No.
Did SCSO speak to the Guimond family in a threatening manner when they appeared on television to plead for help in finding their son? YES.

These are acts of an agency that did not take an abduction scenario seriously in the first 72 hours.

I feel like 90% of my time on websleuths is trying to explain the to Sasquatch321 ;)

Oh boy, in a perfect world right?

If you think not questioning the last people to ever have ever seen a missing person is perfectly fine...

If thats true how would we know someone saw Josh walking outside the party he left?
Hmm maybe because that person talked to LE and LE released that info to media?

If thats true how would we know someone saw Josh walking outside the party he left?
Hmm maybe because that person talked to LE and LE released that info to media?

Sas - all those people were not talked to until November 22nd - over 10 days since Josh went missing. This is fact. I don't know why you are even arguing about this.

PM me, brother. Let's discuss off the boards.

Joshua Cheney Guimond – The Charley Project
joshua_cheney_guimond_2.jpg

• joshua_cheney_guimond_3.jpg
  • joshua_cheney_guimond_4.jpg
  • joshua_cheney_guimond_5.jpg
  • joshua_cheney_guimond_6.jpg
Guimond, circa 2002; Age-progression to age 30 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since 11/09/2002
  • Missing From Collegeville, Minnesota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 06/18/1982 (36)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'10 - 6'0, 170 - 176 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray Gap or St. John University's hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, and a wristwatch.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Guimond He has a vertical scar on his shoulder about four inches long and half an inch wide.

If it means going to tbe ends of the earth to find him, that's what I"m going to do. I've begun an outline of what I'm going to do and in the end this will mean Stumpf Lake and East Gemini lake will no longer exist anymore. I'm going to mine it. I'm going to completely change the landscape of the area as you know it.

I plan to submit this plan to the city council on feb 1st.

Good luck with that... I wish you nothing but success on your voyage to the ends of the earth!

Good luck with that... I wish you nothing but success on your voyage to the ends of the earth!

Corrupt2thecore,

Wow good to have you back in the discussion, you've been gone for awhile. It's just sad to see that after all of our discussions you pop in to wish death upon me. I expected something good.

--------------------------------------------------------
Mishandled a la the Wetterling case. Just reading this makes me so angry. And if you've ever looked at the video of the Guimonds pleading for help from Stearn's County "officials," it is heartbreaking. The Guimonds were treated in a condescending, dismissive manner. For $hit's sake, this was THEIR SON, they were talking about -- I just could not get over the lack of sensitivity by the very people who were supposed to be helping. Oh but you can bet these same pompous individuals tred lightly around SJU and its brethren, demonstrating great sensitivity and concern for their feelings. Sickening!!! DarkJodo, just as in the Wetterling case, the level of incompetence is heartbreaking and infuriating. It is going to take a miracle for the truth to be at long last uncovered in this travesty. I can only hope someone with info about what transpired will talk. We could be waiting a long time.......

We've seen this document before I know -- but in re-reading it, I have to wonder if it influenced the manner in which Stearn's County approached this investigation. I would add, however, that the medical examiner surely did not include the environment in which Joshua went missing -- in a den of iniquity.

--------------------------------------------------------
Mishandled a la the Wetterling case. Just reading this makes me so angry. And if you've ever looked at the video of the Guimonds pleading for help from Stearn's County "officials," it is heartbreaking. The Guimonds were treated in a condescending, dismissive manner. For $hit's sake, this was THEIR SON, they were talking about -- I just could not get over the lack of sensitivity by the very people who were supposed to be helping. Oh but you can bet these same pompous individuals tred lightly around SJU and its brethren, demonstrating great sensitivity and concern for their feelings. Sickening!!! DarkJodo, just as in the Wetterling case, the level of incompetence is heartbreaking and infuriating. It is going to take a miracle for the truth to be at long last uncovered in this travesty. I can only hope someone with info about what transpired will talk. We could be waiting a long time.......

I agree 100%.
jmo

Death??? I'm pretty sure I wished you successss...

Really, you are wishing me success in mining Stumpf and East Gemini? Or did you really want me to find the edge of the earth and fall into am endless orbit into outer space?

We've seen this document before I know -- but in re-reading it, I have to wonder if it influenced the manner in which Stearn's County approached this investigation. I would add, however, that the medical examiner surely did not include the environment in which Joshua went missing -- in a den of iniquity.

My main concern is why the medical examiner was even involved at all in this “death investigation”. The medical examiner is only involved when a body is present. It is beyond bizarre that this memo was written by him.

Oh - and this same exact examiner is under investigation for falsifying information in court to collaborate SCSO and othe LE narratives. Suddenly this memo make a little more sense...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandorasBox83
Back