MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok. So now I'm feeling confident my theory is rock solid, I'm going to look at mainstream/popular theories and try to cross them off the list if I can.

1) Lake theory - total nonsense in my opinion. See attached images. Look at the thickness of the wall. You'd struggle to stumble over it if you were trying to. Even by some freak miracle you did, you'd land either on top of it, or in the bushes on the other side. This just isn't a viable thing in my humble opinion. Besides that, the lakes were dragged. I feel safe ruling this out.
2) A random person, not affiliated with the campus coming from the motorway/interstate - so unlikely that it's at the bottom of my list. They wouldn't know what time Josh was coming out of the party, wouldn't necessarily know if there's cameras pointing at them. It's not a theory I think works very well.
3) Monk involvement - Not impossible, but for the most part, the monks tended to groom young adults, not necessarily kidnap/kill them. I feel safe to cross this one off, but not ruling it out 100%.
4) Random hook up theory - no. No evidence ever really suggested this, and besides, how many random hookups end up in murder - not saying it's impossible, but this is so far down my list I think it's almost ridiculous

Which brings me back to the theory I proposed in the posts above. It's the only one that makes sense of the times Josh left the party, the lack of body being found in the water, the key card times, the time discrepancies, the wallet etc.

Attachments

• bridge2.png
    bridge2.png
    355.7 KB · Views: 10
  • bridge1.png
    bridge1.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 10
Ok. So now I'm feeling confident my theory is rock solid, I'm going to look at mainstream/popular theories and try to cross them off the list if I can.

1) Lake theory - total nonsense in my opinion. See attached images. Look at the thickness of the wall. You'd struggle to stumble over it if you were trying to. Even by some freak miracle you did, you'd land either on top of it, or in the bushes on the other side. This just isn't a viable thing in my humble opinion. Besides that, the lakes were dragged. I feel safe ruling this out.
2) A random person, not affiliated with the campus coming from the motorway/interstate - so unlikely that it's at the bottom of my list. They wouldn't know what time Josh was coming out of the party, wouldn't necessarily know if there's cameras pointing at them. It's not a theory I think works very well.
3) Monk involvement - Not impossible, but for the most part, the monks tended to groom young adults, not necessarily kidnap/kill them. I feel safe to cross this one off, but not ruling it out 100%.
4) Random hook up theory - no. No evidence ever really suggested this, and besides, how many random hookups end up in murder - not saying it's impossible, but this is so far down my list I think it's almost ridiculous

Which brings me back to the theory I proposed in the posts above. It's the only one that makes sense of the times Josh left the party, the lack of body being found in the water, the key card times, the time discrepancies, the wallet etc.

How certain is it that Josh’s friend was accurate in say Josh had taken his wallet to the party? My understanding is the wallet was found at Josh’s apartment, but are we absolutely certain of that either?

Again it seems to me that if both aspects are correct that would have been a huge red flag indicating foul play. Law enforcement stuck with the drowning theory for a long time.

How do we explain the opposing forces at work here?

How certain is it that Josh’s friend was accurate in say Josh had taken his wallet to the party? My understanding is the wallet was found at Josh’s apartment, but are we absolutely certain of that either?
I can only take the two pieces of information as factual - Josh's friend said one thing and the sheriffs said another. It is only when you read them side by side that it stands out

Again it seems to me that if both aspects are correct that would have been a huge red flag indicating foul play. Law enforcement stuck with the drowning theory for a long time.

How do we explain the opposing forces at work here?
Stearns county are a small force and dont exactly have the best track record as you'll know better than anyone RE: Wetterling case. In their defence, this is/was a complex case with so many possible angles and theories but the one I propose is the only one that makes sense of everything including the argument, why Josh left the party early, why no body was recovered from the lakes, the roommates time discrepancy, kate not knowing until the next day, the wallet etc etc for me, its the only theory that allows for all the other events to have taken place. All other theories fall down or have been debunked, including the door wedge theory I debunked a few posts ago.

Question is, how can we move forward? This has to get solved. Something has to give.

I can only take the two pieces of information as factual - Josh's friend said one thing and the sheriffs said another. It is only when you read them side by side that it stands out

Stearns county are a small force and dont exactly have the best track record as you'll know better than anyone RE: Wetterling case.
Well you got me there, lol.

However, I would say the malfeasance with that case lies more on the office of the District Attorney than it does on the Sheriff’s department investigation. Law enforcement had Heinrich for the Paynesville incidents and Jared’s kidnapping months and years before Jacob was taken. As a former BCA agent once told me with regard to DA Roger Van Heel… “you can’t lose a case you don’t try.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berryhij1
Back