MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had a pretty good handle on the case. I can't even guess as to how many documents I've read. I have just over 1.4 TB of docs, audio, video, photos, and maps. Not everyone here does that unfortunately. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see these statements so we can get a timeline nailed down, or at least better than it is now.

My computer does as I tell it to.... no auto shutdown. My understanding it was specifically Josh's account that was logged off.

I will make another call to see if the video you wanted got retrieved from the KMSP archives yet. I'll just get them to throw a package together of everything they've got.

Sure thing. It’s a combination of Grandpa Bob’s timeline, articles from St. Cloud Times, St. John’s newspaper (The Record) and The Maple Lake Messenger. The latter two can be found online for free.

In my opinion, the most concise timeline was written by Robert Dudley in “Cold Cases of Stearns County, Minnesota”. You can find it on amazon, and the digital version is $2.00 - it’s a good read.

It most likely was Josh’s account that was logged off. I am just pointing out the fact that Josh was not the only person that had access to his computer, and that it being 2002, he most likely had an auto log off when inactive.

That would be amazing if I could get ahold of those news stories! The archivist I spoke to said he didn’t know of any other place that had news archives going that far back. Thank you in advance!

WHOA! I wouldn't put too much belief in anything SCSO says if I were you.
I personally will put no faith in what they say, or their world famous investigations!

Luckily, this info didn’t come from SCSO. It came from Fr. Wollmering himself in an email when Scott Radel went missing in 2006. This email was revealed by Jeff Anderson and associates in their sexual abuse case.

I personally will put no faith in what they say, or their world famous investigations!
———————————-
I have never been as disappponted in
A department as I have with the SCSO, and believe me, I have had the unfortunate experience of having to go toe to toe with all powerful religious institutions, courts and corporate monopolies — but none of these compare to the epic failure of SCSO’s handling of the Wetterling and Guimond cases. Truly a travesty of justice, in my opinion. I don’t believe a single thing they say.

YAY erin6698.... glad you're still with us! Sincerely hope your health is doing well also.
My understanding of the tunnels is they pretty much connect most of not every building on campus. I've talked to a few SJU employees that live here in St. Joseph who all had fairly vague descriptions. Although one mentioned a tunnel that led to the stack. I heard stack and immediately thought incinerator. I asked for clarification to which she replied "Where they burn garbage".....
BING!

The tunnels are somewhat common knowledge on campus, and I’m sure the sheriffs would know about them. My understanding is at least currently, the tunnels are rarely used due to asbestos and the installation of heating pipes, I’m not sure about back then. Also, I wouldn’t fully discredit that he didn’t make it back to his room. When talking to a source at Life Safety, who has records of the key card logs, he did scan back into his room. For how long, we don’t know, as he could have been running back to his room to grab something and headed back towards the party, but that’s anyone’s guess now.

The tunnels are somewhat common knowledge on campus, and I’m sure the sheriffs would know about them. My understanding is at least currently, the tunnels are rarely used due to asbestos and the installation of heating pipes, I’m not sure about back then. Also, I wouldn’t fully discredit that he didn’t make it back to his room. When talking to a source at Life Safety, who has records of the key card logs, he did scan back into his room. For how long, we don’t know, as he could have been running back to his room to grab something and headed back towards the party, but that’s anyone’s guess now.

It seems we can't prove whether or not Josh made it back to the dorm. Guess what, we'll keep investigating as if he did or didn't.

It seems we can't prove whether or not Josh made it back to the dorm. Guess what, we'll keep investigating as if he did or didn't.

Does that mean we're going to use modern tech and cadaver dogs to scan the two lakes again?

New theory

Josh sets up a hustle deal on his computer before leaving to the party. The person is to meet josh for a fresh fake ID outside the building of the party in a half hour. Josh leaves the party to do the deal but the ID doesn't satisfy the customer and the customer is someone josh didnt even know and shady. Adam Mcdonald hears Josh goes missing and his mind starts racing as to why, and remembers their fake id ring and deals with strangets. He erases his involvement with the ring.

Monks can got to bed any time that they want. They're all adults, and its an abbey, not a prison. Even the monks accused of sexual misconduct. They supposedly are required to have another monk to be with them at all times outside of the abbey, but we know this doesn't always happen.

Monks were investigated. SCSO has made several statements that multiple monks and priests were interviewed (not immediately after Josh went missing. Sadly, much later). We even have a statement from Fr. Wollmering that in 2006, Detective Soyka conducted a taped interview with him earlier that year.

People were and are being interviewed, but since the case is still unsolved, LE cannot reveal any progress on the case. It's happening, but that info is not always available to the public.

I personally will put no faith in what they say, or their world famous investigations
Luckily, this info didn’t come from SCSO. It came from Fr. Wollmering himself in an email when Scott Radel went missing in 2006. This email was revealed by Jeff Anderson and associates in their sexual abuse case.

I've read both Wollmering's zip files. I'm aware of the Radel concern, Wollmering in Canada, Soyka wanting to interview, interview delayed till Wollmering's return....
Being you've also seen to have done your homework,
What's your thought about the Shawn Vierzba exchange when they were discussing how SCSO should be handled. There's something off with it that bothers me for some reason...

New theory

Josh sets up a hustle deal on his computer before leaving to the party. The person is to meet josh for a fresh fake ID outside the building of the party in a half hour. Josh leaves the party to do the deal but the ID doesn't satisfy the customer and the customer is someone josh didnt even know and shady. Adam Mcdonald hears Josh goes missing and his mind starts racing as to why, and remembers their fake id ring and deals with strangets. He erases his involvement with the ring.

I cannot believe nobody has thought of that! I'm gonna see if I can locate my magic 8 ball from 20 years ago and ask it how we should proceed..

#1. If SCSO says don't look there we got it, you're certainly gonna wanna look.

#2. A rarely used tunnel would be a deviant souls dream!

If you haven't seen the Wetterling press conference, you should watch it. Also, a podcast called "In the Dark" season 1. Learn some background on the local red hot crime fighters SCSO

———————————-
I have never been as disappponted in
A department as I have with the SCSO, and believe me, I have had the unfortunate experience of having to go toe to toe with all powerful religious institutions, courts and corporate monopolies — but none of these compare to the epic failure of SCSO’s handling of the Wetterling and Guimond cases. Truly a travesty of justice, in my opinion. I don’t believe a single thing they say.

Wetterling
Guimond
Reker's
Huling's
Scheierl
Decker

All should've been solved within days. Guimond ro me would be the toughest of this list due to the special treatment and privilege's given to the abbey.... for whatever reason. We should create a rise using eminent domain as our excuse to get them to move that pedophile retirement home. Works for the government ... just a sorry (likely not), Canada is nice, don't forget your pedo's, followed by a swift kick in the arse just because....
Sounds like it's about time for me to go to bed, getting delirious!

Wetterling
Guimond
Reker's
Huling's
Scheierl
Decker

All should've been solved within days. Guimond ro me would be the toughest of this list due to the special treatment and privilege's given to the abbey.... for whatever reason. We should create a rise using eminent domain as our excuse to get them to move that pedophile retirement home. Works for the government ... just a sorry (likely not), Canada is nice, don't forget your pedo's, followed by a swift kick in the arse just because....
Sounds like it's about time for me to go to bed, getting delirious!

You seem to have a lasting qualm with LE like I have never seen before. Are you some kind of heroine? With you in charge everything would have been done right and finished immediately? Everybody here are just human beings, and LE for the most part wants to solve these cases as quickly and efficiently as you do. Most of the time I see them do things we could never do, so what real help are we? Your war with the system is going nowhere.

New theory

Interesting theory. Lets poke some holes in it:

Every fake ID that was created from Josh's computer were known friends of his, including Alex Jude, Greg Warden and Nate Slinkard. The only ID not accounted for was an ID for "Quincy Jones". It could be a gag ID, but I believe its more likely the default template for the ID creating software. Either way - we know the fake ID "ring" was created only for friends, not anyone outside of Josh's friend group. This is also why SCSO has stated that the fake ID ring was unrelated. Had there have been multiple other ID's created for people outisde of Josh's friend group, that would have been a different story. I think the fake ID ring has been glorified over the years.

I do believe that Josh left the party to meet someone that night. I believe he had every intention to return to the party as well. If you would spend any time at the roadway next to Stumpf Lake (its not fair to call it a "bridge") you would quickly realize how often that roadway is used to drop people off and pick people up. I believe Josh planned to meet someone on that roadway that night exactly at midnight. I believe whoever he met up with that night knows where Josh is.

Does that mean we're going to use modern tech and cadaver dogs to scan the two lakes again?

I would like to point out again that modern tech has been utilized on all 3 lakes and have been cleared. Cadaver dogs have also been used already (at least 4 different dogs) and all have confirmed hits of human remains in Stumpf Lake (not necessarily Josh's body).

I personally will put no faith in what they say, or their world famous investigations

I've read both Wollmering's zip files. I'm aware of the Radel concern, Wollmering in Canada, Soyka wanting to interview, interview delayed till Wollmering's return....
Being you've also seen to have done your homework,
What's your thought about the Shawn Vierzba exchange when they were discussing how SCSO should be handled. There's something off with it that bothers me for some reason...

If you are referring to the email from Wollmering to Klassen in 2006 (OSB WOLLMERING_00336), I just see it as Shawn not wanting to be involved in the student's concerns with SCSO. Didn't want to tarnish that model relationship with the sheriff when it comes to investigations.

Why? What are your thoughts? I wish we had initial concerns that the unnamed student brought up.

There will be a new Stearns County Sheriff in a few weeks. Here's hoping he will take a renewed interest in this case!

FWIW, the candidates are Steve Soyka, who's been with the SCSO for over 20 years (and has been involved in this case), and Dave Bentrud, current police chief of Waite Park. Bentrud has stated he wants to create an exchange program with different agencies to take a look at cold cases.

How Stearns sheriff candidates hope to build trust after Wetterling investigation

Dropped Pin
near Collegeville, MN
Google Maps (use satellite imagery)

New theory

Josh takes a right, right before the bridge in confusion because he is without his glasses, he continues along the sidewalk there until he reaches where I dropped the pin, which appears to be a bog of mud just off the lake. In frustration he attempts to walk through the bog but sinks.

Thoughts?

Dropped Pin
near Collegeville, MN
Google Maps (use satellite imagery)

New theory

Josh takes a right, right before the bridge in confusion because he is without his glasses, he continues along the sidewalk there until he reaches where I dropped the pin, which appears to be a bog of mud just off the lake. In frustration he attempts to walk through the bog but sinks.

Thoughts?

You are forgetting that on the first day of the search, a bloodhound detected Josh’s scent down the highlighted path on the picture attached. The scent path ended right on that roadway and the handler stated “Josh either fell in the water, or was picked up in a vehicle here”. LE went with the water theory. We even have an eyewitness who last saw Josh walk by on this same pathway (where the red dot is) right before midnight.

Attachments

• 39380841-DF31-4193-9995-E4E6E9F25271.jpeg
    39380841-DF31-4193-9995-E4E6E9F25271.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 18
You are forgetting that on the first day of the search, a bloodhound detected Josh’s scent down the highlighted path on the picture attached. The scent path ended right on that roadway and the handler stated “Josh either fell in the water, or was picked up in a vehicle here”. LE went with the water theory. We even have an eyewitness who last saw Josh walk by on this same pathway (where the red dot is) right before midnight.

Dang I've been wanting to see these details forever. If Josh was leaving to meet someone, in my opinion josh would have told his buddies that on the way to the party, or someone at the party. We need more details of how josh left the party. Ill check the bog with my dog this weekend.

Is the last eye witness cleared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members