Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While Fravel is the biological father of the children, he and Maddi were never married. When Maddi disappeared, the county took the children from him because he had no custodial rights, and the county believed them to be in harm's way.

Fravel and the Kingsburys have been fighting the issue in court since then, with an ongoing child protection case as well as a custody case that was initiated by Fravel.

The Kingsburys indicated they will file their own custody petition.

"It is fully anticipated that a new petition will be brought against Mr. Fravel to terminate his parental rights," Tobia wrote.

"It is likely such a petition will be filed as early as next week and contact will surely be addressed at that time, however, an order for visitation remains in place until contact is revisited. In the event Mr. Fravel posts bail or bond and is released from custody, he would still be entitled to visits with the children pursuant to the Court’s order. This is absolutely not in the children’s best interests and poses a significant safety risk to the children."

Madeline Kingsbury's parents fear daughter's suspected killer 'would flee' with kids if released​

"It is fully anticipated that a new petition will be brought against Mr. Fravel to terminate his parental rights," Anna Tobia, the lawyer for Kingsbury's parents, wrote in Monday’s court filing during the custodial battle with Fravel.

"Mr. Fravel is currently facing 40 years in prison if convicted of the charges. He poses a flight risk and based upon his actions when Winona County Health and Human Services first took custody of the children, there is every reason to believe he would flee with the children."

[...]

Thomas Braun, who's representing Fravel in the custodial battle, said the Kingsburys' motion was "moot" and "misplaced" at a time when Fravel is behind bars, according to Tuesday's response letter to the judge.

"Opposing counsel’s attempts to try the facts related to the criminal proceeding in this CHiPS (Child in Need of Help or Protection) matter are misplaced," Braun wrote. "There continues to be no need for the county to litigate this matter given the temporary arrangements which have been put in place. Accordingly, Mr. Fravel objects to any modification of the current Court Order."

READ KINGSBURYS' FULL MOTION

I’m hoping his parents and/or others are unable to post bond. He’s exactly where he needs to be.
Agreed !
And, given his past 'behavior' ... I wouldn't put it past him (if allowed out on bond) to kidnap and make a run for it with the little ones.
Iirc, Maddie's parents have the children at the moment ?
They'd need to watch their backs !
All doors locked and careful about going out.
Js.
Imo.

JUN 13, 2023
[...]

“The allegations against Mr. Fravel assert he is capable of horrific acts – allowing Mr. Fravel to see the children puts them directly in harms way. The children have already suffered an immeasurable loss; putting them at more risk for more harm is against their best interests and as such, we respectfully request the Court immediately suspend any and all contact between Mr. Fravel and the minor children.”

In a letter to Judge Mary Leahy Friday, June 9th, WCHHS officials recommend that reunification efforts with Fravel be ceased and all contact between the children and Fravel be terminated. In addition, they recommended that both children remain in the legal care and custody of Winona County and that a permanency petition be filed.

In that letter, WCHHS officials cite information from Fravels criminal complaint, including the alleged history of abuse against Maddi Kingsbury in front of the children. Officials say based on the, “significant changes in the case, WCHHS respectfully requests to file a permanency petition and asks to cease reunification efforts with Mr. Fravel.”

Judge Leahy determined that a decision will be made at the disposition hearing June 14th at 10:00 a.m.

JUN 13, 2023
[...]

His unconditional bail is set at $2 million and conditional bail is $1 million. A judge also ordered that Fravel would be allowed supervised visitation with the children at a secure location.

Part of the motion filed by Kinsbury’s parents states, “In the event Mr. Fravel posts bail or bond and is released from custody, he would still be entitled to visits with the children pursuant to the Court’s order. This is absolutely not in the children’s best interests and poses a significant safety risk to the children.”

The document says it’s expected that a new petition will be made to terminate Fravel’s parental rights and that the petition will likely come next week.

[...]

Oh I believe his family could come up with bail if they truly believed he was innocent. They may have bought into his BS ….until Maddie’s body was found. I like to believe they are coming to terms with the facts at this point.

I knew from his lack of search participation + his amount of complaining and mocking people who care about Maddi endlessly on social media (remind anyone of Ms. Stauch?) that this was going to end this way, so I pretty much stayed out of it. I can't stand losers like this.

When I seen the pictures of him buying himself bracelets & a t-shirt anything to bring awareness to Maddi. That took alot of guts. More or less laughing in peoples face. He knew, where she was. What a low life jerk.

If I was Madeline's parents and was court ordered to facilitate visitation I would insist it was a video call, or behind glass. I would flee the country sooner than allow face to face contact. Those children are SO vulnerable.

I am surprised that he was not arrested and charged for this behavior.
His behavior (exposing himself) may have been illegal, would have only been a misdemeanor and he likely would have been released immediately following a court appearance or not even jailed at all.

I think LE wanted to give AF plenty of room to roam. They likely were keeping a pretty close eye on AF's movements. It wouldn't surprise me if there was even a GPS monitor covertly installed on his vehicle to see if he may have driven to a certain area (where he dumped the body) which would have been useful information in the investigation. Charging him with petty crimes may have deterred him from doing certain things that can now be used against him.

JMO

Agreed !
And, given his past 'behavior' ... I wouldn't put it past him (if allowed out on bond) to kidnap and make a run for it with the little ones.
Iirc, Maddie's parents have the children at the moment ?
They'd need to watch their backs !
All doors locked and careful about going out.
Js.
Imo.
His behavior (exposing himself) may have been illegal, would have only been a misdemeanor and he likely would have been released immediately following a court appearance or not even jailed at all.

I think LE wanted to give AF plenty of room to roam. They likely were keeping a pretty close eye on AF's movements. It wouldn't surprise me if there was even a GPS monitor covertly installed on his vehicle to see if he may have driven to a certain area (where he dumped the body) which would have been useful information in the investigation. Charging him with petty crimes may have deterred him from doing certain things that can now be used against him.

JMO
Thank you for the explanation, this is very helpful.

Update-Adam’s child visitation rights suspended, but not terminated.

Note the comment about Adam appearing on camera from the Winona County Jail with what appeared to be an unsettling smirk on his face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back