Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Former partner of Madeline Kingsbury to keep parental rights in custody case​

Published: Jun. 14, 2023 at 5:00 PM BST|Updated: 8 hours ago

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) – Adam Fravel, the former partner of Madeline Kingsbury, appeared in court Wednesday morning for a custody hearing of their two children.

It was decided that Fravel will keep his parental rights, but visitations are suspended while he is in jail.

Fravel was arrested last week and charged with two counts of second-degree murder with intent/not premeditation after officials found Madeline’s remains north of Mabel.

The county official serving as the legal guardian of the Kingsbury children said both are doing well. They added that Madeline’s parents are doing the best they can to address and care for the children’s mental health.

Judge Leahy denied the motion filed by Kingsbury’s parents to end his parental rights. The Judge believes custody should be handled in the open Family Court case and not through the child protection order.

“Quit putting the cart before the horse and get this taken care of in family court.”
Judge Leahy
The next court date will determined at a later time.

Judge chides county attorney in Adam Fravel child protection case: 'Your rush to judgment is misplaced'​

An attempt to suspend the reunification efforts of an accused murderer and his children was denied by a district judge, who called into question the constitutionality of the county attorney's actions.

WINONA — A district court judge has denied a motion to suspend reunification efforts of Adam Fravel, who is accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend, and his children and admonished the Winona County Attorney's office for attempting to subvert his constitutional right to a fair trial.

[...]

The county attorney's office is prosecuting that criminal case and is handling the separate child in need of protection or services civil case. Phillip Prokopowicz, a former Dakota County prosecutor, is leading the prosecution team for Winona County against Fravel.

[...]

The children are currently in the custody of Winona County but are being supervised by their grandparents, David and Cathy Kingsbury.

[...]

[District Judge Mary] Leahy firmly rejected the motion Wednesday and called it an attempt essentially to try Fravel's criminal case in civil court, though any sort of parenting time will be suspended while he is in custody.

"If you think we're going to try this murder case here today in this motion, you're gravely mistaken," Leahy said in court. "We have this Constitution that ensures everyone due process. It ensures the defendant a fair trial. It ensures a trial by his peers. It ensures a presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It does not ensure that there's going to be an end around through a CHIPS proceeding."

Leahy urged the county attorney and the grandparents to address parenting time in the appropriate venue.

"Your rush to judgment is misplaced in these proceedings," Leahy said, adding the matter needs to be taken care of in family court.

[...]

Fravel's lawyer, Thomas Braun, objected to the expedited timeline put forward by the county in the CHIPS case, noting that Minnesota statute establishes a regular timeline for such cases. Braun also objected to the county attorney's office playing a role in both the criminal and civil cases, noting that it presents an inherent conflict of interest.

Fravel is not asking for any form of parenting time while he's in custody on a conditional million-dollar jail bond, Braun said. He noted that prior to his arrest, there had been no issues with the supervised parenting time involving Fravel and his children.

MOO he should have no contact with his children.

Madeline has paid the ultimate price, but hopefully her death can ensure her children are kept safely away from this abusive, lying, dangerous freeloader scum.

Judge chides county attorney in Adam Fravel child protection case: 'Your rush to judgment is misplaced'​

An attempt to suspend the reunification efforts of an accused murderer and his children was denied by a district judge, who called into question the constitutionality of the county attorney's actions.

WINONA — A district court judge has denied a motion to suspend reunification efforts of Adam Fravel, who is accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend, and his children and admonished the Winona County Attorney's office for attempting to subvert his constitutional right to a fair trial.

[...]

The county attorney's office is prosecuting that criminal case and is handling the separate child in need of protection or services civil case. Phillip Prokopowicz, a former Dakota County prosecutor, is leading the prosecution team for Winona County against Fravel.

[...]

The children are currently in the custody of Winona County but are being supervised by their grandparents, David and Cathy Kingsbury.

[...]

[District Judge Mary] Leahy firmly rejected the motion Wednesday and called it an attempt essentially to try Fravel's criminal case in civil court, though any sort of parenting time will be suspended while he is in custody.

"If you think we're going to try this murder case here today in this motion, you're gravely mistaken," Leahy said in court. "We have this Constitution that ensures everyone due process. It ensures the defendant a fair trial. It ensures a trial by his peers. It ensures a presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It does not ensure that there's going to be an end around through a CHIPS proceeding."

Leahy urged the county attorney and the grandparents to address parenting time in the appropriate venue.

"Your rush to judgment is misplaced in these proceedings," Leahy said, adding the matter needs to be taken care of in family court.

[...]

Fravel's lawyer, Thomas Braun, objected to the expedited timeline put forward by the county in the CHIPS case, noting that Minnesota statute establishes a regular timeline for such cases. Braun also objected to the county attorney's office playing a role in both the criminal and civil cases, noting that it presents an inherent conflict of interest.

Fravel is not asking for any form of parenting time while he's in custody on a conditional million-dollar jail bond, Braun said. He noted that prior to his arrest, there had been no issues with the supervised parenting time involving Fravel and his children.

Bbm and Smh.
What is this lawyer smoking ?
Of course there wouldn't have been an issue previously ... because AF was not charged with killing anyone yet -- and Madaline was still alive !
Imo.

Bbm and Smh.
Of course there wouldn't have been an issue previously ... because AF was not charged with killing anyone yet -- and Madaline was still alive !
Imo.
I agree but I think he means the supervised parenting time while Madeline was missing (so she wasn't alive then). He wasn't charged at the time like you say though, and his abusive behavior wasn't known.

I hope the judges take a leaf out of the Caroline Crouch case!

Bbm and Smh.
Imo.
AF's attorney is just doing his job for his client. If he was on the other side of the table, I think he would be saying something different.

JMO

AF's attorney is just doing his job for his client. If he was on the other side of the table, I think he would be saying something different.

JMO
I agree with this. At this point, AF is only accused and charged. He has not been found guilty (although in my opinion that's coming). It makes sense to me that they wouldn't take away his parental rights until he is convicted, but I also understand suspending visitation in an effort to protect the kids. I'm sure if he gets out on bail (which I hope does not happen), they will go to court for visitation and it will likely be denied.

I agree but I think he means the supervised parenting time while Madeline was missing (so she wasn't alive then). He wasn't charged at the time like you say though, and his abusive behavior wasn't known.

I hope the judges take a leaf out of the Caroline Crouch case!
BBM

LE knew about AF's abusive behavior early on in the investigation from what Maddi's friends had told them, and the text messages on her phone. I think LE would have informed the County Attorney and Child Services of this information when it became known to them, especially given the way AF reacted when Child Services came to take custody of the children shortly after Maddi went missing. His abuse toward Maddi and the way he reacted to Child Services personnel is likely the reason for the "supervised" visitation AF had with the children prior to his arrest.

JMO

BBM

LE knew about AF's abusive behavior early on in the investigation from what Maddi's friends had told them, and the text messages on her phone. I think LE would have informed the County Attorney and Child Services of this information when it became known to them, especially given the way AF reacted when Child Services came to take custody of the children shortly after Maddi went missing. His abuse toward Maddi and the way he reacted to Child Services personnel is likely the reason for the "supervised" visitation AF had with the children prior to his arrest.

JMO
Spot On!

Trying to terminate Fravels parental rights at this point is premature. That should happen post conviction, if he’s found guilty.

As I understood it, Maddie’s parents are going to file for custody in family court, when custody is decided there. The CHIPS case will be dismissed.

Would the Family court judge allow supervised visitation if he made bail? That’s what I’d like to know. Is there a legal tactic to prevent that from happening?

Finding Madeline Kingsbury

1f4e3.png
Calling all local musicians
1f4e3.png

We all know how much Maddi loved music. It was a huge part of her daily life- whether singing in the car or shower, Disney songs to her babies, or recording herself for the world to hear.
To honor Maddi’s love for music, we are asking for artists or groups willing to donate their time to play after her memorial service on June 25th at Winona State University (more details to come).
1f3bc.png
If you or someone you know is a solo or small group vocalist/instrumentalist, we would very much love to have you there to share your joy for music.
*Direct messages will be sent to serious inquiries who are available on the 25th. Although we appreciate your love and support, please refrain from comments that are not related to finding vocalists/instrumentalists for the event*
Thank you

She Used TikTok to Keep Her Missing Sister’s Name in the News. Now, She Wants to Save Other Women​

After a two-month missing person search for Madeline Kingsbury, her body was found and her ex has been charged with her murder

BY ANDREA MARKS

1686960478247.png

MEGAN KINGSBURY AND her sister Madeline used to spend hours together, taking long walks, relaxing by the lake, or trying out new coffee shops in the towns where they lived, a few hours apart, in Minnesota. Both voracious readers, they’d chat about their favorite books or about Madeline’s two young children, ages five and two. Even when they were apart, they communicated constantly. “We talked every day, multiple times a day,” Kingsbury says. “We were each other’s first call for any type of news, good or bad. We were very, very close.”

The only thing Kingsbury really clashed with her sister about was Madeline’s relationship with her on-and-off partner and father of her children, Adam Fravel — the man now charged with her murder after Madeline’s disappearance two months ago. In the past, Kingsbury tells Rolling Stone, she worried about the relationship, which she said had been bad for her sister. “We all tried to help her get out of her situation with him for a long time,” she says of herself and her family. “You can’t make anybody do anything, but I feel like anybody would be just kind of racking their brain and kind of drowning in the guilt.”

Kingsbury has said on TikTok her family suspected Fravel’s involvement from the beginning. She declines to speak about specifics of their past, saying it could compromise the case against Fravel, but she tells Rolling Stone their relationship was “not great for a long time.” She says, “He just never really treated her quite right. She just deserved a lot more than she got.”

In the early hours of her disappearance, however, Kingsbury asked Fravel for help. “I actually texted Adam,” Kingsbury says. “He and I weren’t really friends, I would say, so I didn’t even know if he would respond to me.” After an hour, he did reply, saying that he didn’t know where Madeline was.

WINONA, Minn. — The parents of the late Madeline Kinsbury are going on the legal offensive, filing a petition for permanent legal custody of their daughter's two young children to cut Adam Fravel out of their lives.

In the petition, filed in Winona County Family Court, David and Catherine Kingsbury say that their grandchildren "are in physical and emotional danger" should the court grant custodial rights to Adam Fravel, biological father to the children and Maddi's accused killer.

David and Catherine Kingsbury maintain that while alive, Madeline provided all primary care for the children, and allege that Fravel carried out none of the day-to-day parenting duties. In messages to her family and friends, Maddi repeatedly expressed that Fravel failed to contribute to household chores or provide adequate care for her children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back