MN - Michael Laflex, 45, killed daughter's bf, Bryce Brogle, 23, for abusing her, Brainerd, 26 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
(FOX 9) - A Brainerd man is accused of fatally shooting his daughter's boyfriend, who he suspected was abusing her, criminal charges state.

Michael Lee Laflex, 45, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 23-year-old Bryce Brogle, who was reported missing after going to Laflex's storage unit on October 26.

Laflex is accused of shooting Brogle in the back of the head from a distance and then burying his body in Crow Wing County, the criminal complaint alleges.

Laflex is scheduled to make his first court appearance on Tuesday morning.

More at Brainerd man killed daughter's boyfriend who he suspected was abusing her: charges

laflex.jpg

From April 10, 2024: Guilty. Sentencing scheduled for June 10.
Laflex's age given below is incorrect: he is currently 46.
A Crow Wing County jury on Wednesday found a 51-year-old man guilty of killing his daughter’s boyfriend.

Michael Lee Laflex was convicted of both first- and second-degree murder, according to court documents. He will only be sentenced for first-degree murder, as it is the higher offense.

Moo... daughter has 2 black eyes...life is complicated...how do you deal with your adult child being beaten . Understand his anger, ..he is not a danger to society. Gang bangers can shoot n shoot for territory..n get out n few years. They gonna keep shooting when they get out. But this man had a reason...he is not a danger to society...moo

Last edited:
I'm paywalled from Brainerd News but I read that the defendant testified at his trial.

I'm curious if he claim self-defense? Otherwise I don't get why he did not enter a plea agreement given he told his brother and sister straight up what he did and his brother, a policeman, reported him.

In 2022, he was first indicted for 2nd degree murder (not premeditated), and early 2023, a grand jury indicted him for premeditated first-degree murder. A jury found him guilty of both charges. 2nd degree is a 40 year sentence and first degree is life without parole.

6/11/23

4/8/24

Suddenly, a lot of dads in the area were either firmly on LaFlex's side, or repeating the mantra, "I don't agree with what he did...but I understand".

After opening statements and initial questioning of LaFlex's daughter - who claims that the marks that LaFlex had seen on her body were consensual, not abuse - I'm pumping the brakes on this one.

Read More: The Moral Dilemma of, "Murder is Wrong...But..." | The Moral Dilemma of, "Murder is Wrong...But..."

• Sad
Reactions: nao
You should have seen the comments posted on Facebook. Many of them were along the lines of "Community service, which he's already performed."

Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back