MN - Mom loses infant in druken stupor

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I could bet a million dollars this isn't the first time this woman has been dead *advertiser censored* drunk. She has a record already.She honestly shouldn't have this baby, but I doubt very much if they take the baby away! Who knows, it all up to the courts. What the courts should do is get her in a long rehab.....( I mean like a year) there is a possibility that she could sober up and change her ways. Sad huh!

xxxxxxxooooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

She needs detox and rehab before she has the honor of custody her precious baby. Very sad. I agree L_M but if she gets help she could stay sober like you said. Prayers she does before it's too late.

She should lose custody. I don't see anything to indicate yet if the father is a problem too, or if he had any way of knowing, if the child was even out of his custody by his choice, or by some court's choice. If anyone was home when she took the baby out at 11pm, there's a problem there - there is no reason a baby should go out at 11pm.

What kind of comment is that? Maybe the daddy would love to be responsible for his child, but is denied access by the social services, who always take the mother's side - the father's role is considered just to be a wallet on legs (which is pretty ironic considering the system is stacked against males these days, so it is extra hard for them to get permanent jobs or promotions). The male in this story, the BF, is the one who showed some maturity by noticing that the child was missing and phoning LE. If it hadn't been for his actions, the child might be dead by now. The culprit in this story is the Mommy, pure and simple, and the truth is that the more power women are getting in society, the more their ugly is coming out (if I may quote Mary Winkler).

Parmenides, it's the kind of comment made by someone (myself) who believes that both parents are responsible for their child's safety. To let someone leave the house with your child when they have a severe drinking problem is pure negligence. I assumed the boyfriend and the father were the same person because I think the article would have mentioned that. Otherwise how else would the baby's father know the infant is missing so quickly? He is quickly to blame for letting her leave the house with baby. If it was my child being carried out the door by a drunken father I would have run him after screaming and trying to grab the infant from his arms. This man did not do that. I doubt he was under the illusion she was a teetotaller angel and all around responsible mother. As for this comment: "I guess I just took umbrage that, even when it is a clear case of a female's misbehaviour, someone tries to put the man in the frame, and imply the woman is not responsible for her own actions." It made me very angry that you implied I was putting "a man in the frame". If the situation was reversed and the child's mother watched her boyfriend walk out the door with their baby late at night knowing he had a severe drinking problem you bet I would have commented that "Mommy was just as much to blame". Neither of them acted responsibly that night. And drinking irresponsibly is a social problem not a gender problem. It is just becoming more common with women due to 'Western' society having greater gender equality these days. That a person of either gender would think it okay to go out and get blind drunk when they have a baby with them is a problem for society and the individual concerned and their family. It is not a reflection on womanhood.

How in the world do you get so drunk that you don't know where you left your baby? Thank god that poor little thing was found, this is something else!

Many, many (about 70) years ago, my MIL was in a car with her dad. He was driving drunk and hit a telephone pole. He got out of the car and walked home. When he got home, her mom asked where she was and he said he had no idea. Well, apparently she freaked out (understandably) and went out to look. Turns out she had been taken to the hospital to get checked out, and that's where her mom found her. Unbelievable!:eek:

Thank GOD the father called police and didn't try to handle it himself. Hopefully, with two previous drug convictions, two traffic convictions, and one for escaping from custody and now THIS, he can get full custody of the baby and she won't be allowed to leave his house with the baby again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back