MN - Nicole Hammond, 28, murdered by co-worker in parking lot, St. Cloud, Oct 24, 2022.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

savagewoman

Reaction score
https://knsiradio.com/2022/10/26/police-identify-woman-killed-monday-morning-in-st-cloud/

St. Cloud man killed co-worker after she rejected his advances: Charges

Woman 'Repeatedly' Rejected Coworker's Advances, Texted Him to Not Touch Her. She Was Killed the Next Day

Nicole Hammond, 28, told her co-worker she did not want to be "manipulated" by him​

A 36-year-old St. Cloud, Minn., man was charged with second-degree murder for allegedly shooting and killing his co-worker, police said.

She'd spent the previous month "repeatedly" rejecting his advances, according to the statement.

"Unfortunately, we had no idea," Hammond's boss Rob Dubow told the station. "Any time there is anything that requires our intervention we step in. But in this case we had no indication that there was anything awry."

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/st-cloud-charges-man-fatally-shot-coworker-who-
rejected-his-advances

more details from Criminal complaint like...
  • parking lot of Dubow Textile at 455 Lincoln Ave. NE., where they both worked.
  • found next to her vehicle in the parking lot with a puddle of blood around her head, having been shot in the neck allegedly by Carpenter just before 7 a.m.
  • A coworker said they had seen Carpenter leave his vehicle and walk to the south end of the parking lot – where the shooting happened – before they heard a gunshot. He was then seeing jogging towards his vehicle and driving away.
  • officers checking her phone found "numerous text messages" between her and Carpenter from the night prior.
  • coworkers also described Carpenter as having a bad temper.
  • One of the coworkers was then on the phone with Carpenter, telling him Hammond had been shot. He said that he knew that, and said he was at his sister's house, where police could find him.
  • Police found a loaded 9 mm pistol in a carrying case in his car, with a round in the chamber.
IMO
I can so relate to men being attracted to a women and constantly being harassed at work. I worked at a place in the 80s/90s and it was like the TV show Mad Men. My female co-worker was beautiful and continuely was bugged by many men throughout the day - all day. I know that 2 of the men were married and said they would leave their wives for her.
My experiences were different... men would stare at my chest and make comments everyday.
We never reported it to anyone and our co-workers knew. We worked in the office of a factory. It would happen in the office and was even worse in the factory. I could go on and on.
This situation could be a warning to all women. You can report to HR and police. This is beyond sad to me because it was senseless.

Dubow - About Us

220 employees
Mainly clothing (t-shirt) design and decorating for clients for promotional purposes
https://knsiradio.com/2022/11/03/no-means-no-memorial-walk-to-honor-nicole-hammond/

Dubow Textile, Inc. is holding a memorial walk to honor an employee who was killed last month.

In memory of Nicole Hammond, Dubow Textile Inc. is partnering with Anna Marie’s Alliance for the No Means No Awareness & Memorial Walk Sunday, November 13th.

Bail was set at $4 million. He is due back in court on November 8th.

Women's Domestic Violence Shelter | St. Cloud MN | Anna Marie's Alliance

Our Mission​

At Anna Marie’s Alliance, our mission is to provide education, intervention, and advocacy to those affected by relationship abuse with a holistic approach and anti-oppression focus.

Minnesota woman killed by co-worker in parking lot after rejecting his repeated romantic advances, police say
making national news...

"Police said Carpenter provided multiple contradictory statements, including that he was aware that Hammond had not clocked into work even though he did not go in the business or clock in himself.

He was booked into the Benton County Jail, where he remained, and was charged with second-degree felony murder. If he is convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 40 years in jail. "

Obituary for Nicole Michelle Hammond | Sorensen-Root-Thompson Funeral Home

Her service is today

IMO
- She is from Aitkin, MN. Small town near Brainerd and 1.5 hours north from St. Cloud
- Sounds like she was talented in many ways with jewelry making, photography and writing.
- My son is that age so I can relate to the wonders of being an adult out on your own and your future is full and bright.
- having raised boys that are now men. Major lessons I tried to instill in them over and over was to respect me and all women like no means no, never hit women and how to handle arguing. You can't take back words (used the toothpaste analogy) - written and oral. Also how to cope with life and all its ups and downs.
- I'm writing this with tears because this man took this lady's life because he didn't learn these basic life lessons of no means no and how to deal with rejection. Then add a firearm in the mix makes for this outcome.
- in a previous link... a coworker called him and he told him he was at his sister's apartment and LE could find him there. LE did and he was arrested by 10 am. At least he did the right thing (even though he lied to police).
- prays to her, her family and friends and coworkers. Like always we try to learn from each of these aweful crimes by not victim blaming but more understanding why and prevention of similar acts in her memory.

St. Cloud man charged with first-degree murder of his coworker last October
SBM

A St. Cloud man has been charged with first-degree, premeditated murder in the death of his coworker in October.

Michael J. Carpenter, 36, was indicted by a Benton County grand jury on April 21. He had previously been charged with second-degree murder in October.

Carpenter could face life in prison without release if convicted.

Carpenter is in custody at the Benton County Jail. His bail is set at $4 million.

https://knsiradio.com/2023/04/26/fi...ker-after-she-rejected-his-romantic-advances/

A grand jury in Benton County has charged a man with first degree premeditated murder after he allegedly killed a coworker who rejected his romantic advances.

St. Cloud man found guilty in shooting death of co-worker

A jury found Michael Carpenter guilty of first-degree pre-meditated murder and second-degree murder for killing 28-year-old Nicole Hammond. Investigators say she’d repeatedly rejected his personal advances.

According to the criminal complaint, investigators found an argument over text messages between Hammond and Carpenter the night before the shooting, with Hammond saying she didn’t want to be touched or manipulated by Carpenter.

A sentencing hearing is scheduled for Sep. 20.

IMO
Thx you jury for getting it right. The whole work place and relationship are so messy. Scary situation all around

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back