DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Blue Lives Matter?

Snippets:

Blue Lives Matter is a media company...

While these heroes and their families accept an elevated inherent risk for minimal pay, they should not be expected to make such a great sacrifice without due recognition and support.

The goal of Blue Lives Matter is to honor and recognize the actions of law enforcement to strengthen the public support of an understandably naive society.

The officers who founded this organization were motivated by the heroic actions of Officer Darren Wilson

$25 for this:
back_e91aceaa-bc15-437c-97b5-c01b462883cb_large.jpeg

I wonder where the money goes.

Interesting. After reading through the site I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish though.

JMO

Snippets:

While these heroes and their families accept an elevated inherent risk for minimal pay, they should not be expected to make such a great sacrifice without due recognition and support.

The goal of Blue Lives Matter is to honor and recognize the actions of law enforcement to strengthen the public support of an understandably naive society.

The officers who founded this organization were motivated by the heroic actions of Officer Darren Wilson

$25 for this:

Interesting. After reading through the site I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish though.

JMO

A media company???????

I imagine there are a lot of police officers that would not want anything to do,with this group. Wow.

He was the driver, not the passenger. Also, there is no evidence that says that he was reaching for a weapon, or where said weapon was located.

There actually is evidence, there is the officer's claim that he saw the weapon and that he told Castile to stop reaching and to show his hands, and there are the statements of the girlfriend - that he was struggling to pull his wallet out of his pants, and that his gun was in a holster in his pants.

Wow. Love it!

They're paid if they don't kill anyone for six months. Then they get $1000 a month for up to nine months. That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. That's equivalent to paying off the mafia to not burn your business. I'd love to see a "where are they now" update.

The officers who founded this organization were motivated by the heroic actions of Officer Darren Wilson, and many others, and decided to create this organization in the hopes that it could prevent more officers from being hurt.

Their stated mission is at least as important as BLM

http://bluelivesmatter.blue/organization/

A media company???????

I imagine there are a lot of police officers that would not want anything to do,with this group. Wow.

It would be bad for an officer's career to associate with a group that says Obama's leadership is killing cops.

JMO

There actually is evidence, there is the officer's claim that he saw the weapon and that he told Castile to stop reaching and to show his hands, and there are the statements of the girlfriend - that he was struggling to pull his wallet out of his pants, and that his gun was in a holster in his pants.

103 seconds.
From his first radio transmission that he was going to pull the car over, to his transmission that there was a shooting.
I'll wait for better evidence, from both sides, but I believe (right now) that there is no way that this is justified.
IMO.

It would be bad for an officer's career to associate with a group that says Obama's leadership is killing cops.

JMO

With police in lots of cities who are trying to build bridges which will save their lives as well as those of community members, this organization would put a huge chill on that. Any smart officer would stay as far as possible from that group.

They're paid if they don't kill anyone for six months. Then they get $1000 a month for up to nine months. That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. That's equivalent to paying off the mafia to not burn your business. I'd love to see a "where are they now" update.

No, they are paid for attending meetings and other criteria. They don't just hand out $1000 a month to everyone. Reading the entire article will explain what they actually do, as well as the fact that most do not get $1000 a month.

No, they are paid for attending meetings and other criteria. They don't just hand out $1000 a month to everyone. Reading the entire article will explain what they actually do, as well as the fact that most do not get $1000 a month.

Other criteria - like not killing anyone. I read the article!!

I think we've gone a little far afield from Philandro Castile. I understood that we were limited in discussing BLM so I would guess the same applies for Blue Lives Matter.

So people are trying things that seem to work. Should we just forget it and continue with the status quo? The police like it so that seems like an endorsement to me.

I think we've gone a little far afield from Philandro Castile. I understood that we were limited in discussing BLM so I would guess the same applies for Blue Lives Matter.

I am confused. You posted info about Blue Lives Matter .So????????

No, I believe it was someone else who initially brought it up.^^^

Snippets:

$25 for this:

JMO

Hilarious!

For people living in the US I probably don't have to explain this but I know we do have posters reading here who are located elsewhere.

Like Black Lives Matter, people who identify with those who say Blue Lives Matter aren't part of a media company. They are a diffuse movement with a common interest in reducing violence, educating the public, and helping communities heal. There aren't membership cards or dues or fun camping trips or secret handshakes.

Honestly I don't think anyone thought otherwise, and I get some of this may be tongue and cheek. All the same probably best not to let misconceptions linger.

No just criminals need apply for starters...

At least it's something, and judging by the significant decline in homicides, it appears to be working. IMO, it's an investment that is paying off short term with decreasing homicides, and it's paying off long term from not having to pay for incarcerations, health care for gunshot victims and drug addiction. These guys can then go forth and become productive tax paying citizens who give instead of subtract from society.

Hilarious!

For people living in the US I probably don't have to explain this but I know we do have posters reading here who are located elsewhere.

Like Black Lives Matter, people who identify with those who say Blue Lives Matter aren't part of a media company. They are a diffuse movement with a common interest in reducing violence, educating the public, and helping communities heal. There aren't membership cards or dues or fun camping trips or secret handshakes.

Honestly I don't think anyone thought otherwise, and I get some of this may be tongue and cheek. All the same probably best not to let misconceptions linger.

I have no idea what you are saying. Blue Lives matter is a joke site? It sounds like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean