Found Deceased MN - Ronald, 82, & Mary Tarnowski, 78, Duluth, 29 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it was not going gentle into that good night. Ugh
I was kind of romanticising this.... Picturing then being together to the end IYKWIM? So many tears.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Found only two miles from their "hunting property". :tears:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...worse-fears-came-true/?utm_term=.85f4a75a1ee2

BBM
But in recent years, Ron Tarnowski, an Air Force veteran and retired captain for the local fire department, began showing signs of early-stage dementia, his son and police told The Washington Post. Suddenly, the tough man with a “commanding presence,” adventurous spirit and the build of a former football player needed to be taken care of, too.

On Saturday afternoon, eight days after the couple went missing, the
family received their answer, and a tragic end to their strenuous search. A U.S. Border Patrol helicopter found the couple’s Chevy Tahoe on an overgrown, abandoned driveway in a swampy area off the road just two miles away from the family’s hunting property. They were near Brookston, a town about 30 miles from their Duluth home.
Mary’s Tarnowski’s body was discovered inside the Tahoe, and her husband’s body was found outside the vehicle, about 50 feet from the road.

Authorities suspect Ron Tarnowski may have driven onto the trail accidentally before getting his car stuck in the mud, said Lt. Mike Ceynowa, public information officer for the Duluth Police Department. He said police think Tarnowski left the vehicle to seek help.

I don't understand why his family thought it OK for him to still be driving (not blaming, just do not understand "early sister dementia" and how it affects things like this). It really doesn't matter now, anyway.

It does seem they had a lovely last day together, for whatever that is worth. They stopped at a band and withdrew a normal amount, had lunch at a bar-and-grill, and (hopefully) a leisurely drive until they got stuck. devoted husband tried to go for help. I just hope neither suffered too terribly, those final hours.

Heart-breaking and my thoughts go out to their family.

http://www.kare11.com/news/police-missing-duluth-couple-found-dead/462192355

( Sent from KARE 11 )

It appears they drove into a path intended for snowmobiles and got stuck. She was found in the car. Room waiting found closer to the hiway. It's guessed he tried to go for help. Suspect they died from exposure. Oh my heart hurts for them and their loved ones.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Autopsy results are still pending, but Karl Tarnowski said there are signs that his mother died of a combination of dehydration and heat while sitting in the car on a day with temperatures in the 80s. There is also evidence that Ron Tarnowski had fallen down while trudging through the mud, his son said.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an-elderly-couple-mysteriously-vanished-eight-days-later-their-children’s-worse-fears-came-true/ar-AApB0jD?ocid=NL_ENUS_A1_OM2-PID86949

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back