MN MN - Tonya, 23, Autistic, Type 1 diabetic, family says she ran from fishing dock, Savanna Portage State Park, McGregor, Aitkin County, 4 Sep 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1725870599523.png

1725871034711.png

Aitkin County Sheriff's Office

September 6 at 12:36 PM

The Aitkin County Sheriff’s Office received a call at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, reporting a missing person in Savanna Portage State Park.

Investigation efforts discovered the missing person is a 23-year-old autistic woman who is also a Type 1 diabetic. Her family reported they last saw her when they went out fishing and left her on the dock alone. The family indicated they witnessed her get up and run away from that position at approximately noon. The family then started a search of their own and eventually notified state park staff who requested the assistance of the Aitkin County Sheriff’s Office. The missing woman is 5 feet tall and has dark brown hair. She was last seen wearing a rainbow tie-dyed shirt, gym shorts, black shoes and black headphones.

Search efforts ensued by the state park employees, Sheriff’s Office, St. Louis County Search and Rescue, Aitkin County Search and Rescue, McGregor Fire Department and multiple other groups. Search crews have logged over 400 hours of search time since she ran in Savanna Portage State Park. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 218-927-7435 or dial 9-1-1.

This is scary. My brother was diabetic so I know a bit about the disease. How long she can go is depending on several things, none of which we know. If she’s a new onset diabetic she might have some remission phase and some residual insulin secretation. If she has latent autoimmune diabetes, she might have some residual insulin as well and could last days or weeks, maybe longer. If she has traditional T1D, often diagnosed in childhood or adolescence, to survive she’d have to stay very hydrated, reduce carbs and the survival rate could be as little as days to a few weeks (psychologic stress can elevate glucose further, worsening symptoms),

She’s been gone 5 days – at this point she is in grave danger if she has traditional T1D and is dealing with dehydration and stress as well.

Given that she is autistic I wonder if her family had her set up with an insulin pump – that could buy her some time.

I’m vaguely reminded of the man with dementia who fled while on a trip in Mexico with his family and still hasn’t been found.
Some people you can’t risk leaving alone for even one minute- the consequences can be catastrophic. I so hope they find her in time :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back