MO - 2 police officers shot in Ferguson (not from Ferguson Police Department)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM above: I was wondering if the "peaceful" protesting would continue once the weather broke . . . and darn tootin', I was right!

It's as if this is almost staged . . . as a local, I cannot wait to get the flock outta here

:silly:

Could it be a case of " mob mentality"...???

I think they have many different reasons to being out there. Those following the law and being peaceful are there b/c they feel the police are doing wrong. They got their point across. Others are there for a slew of reasons... mob mentality, ignorance, nothing better to do, wants to do harm, MB, the stumped their toe, police arrested someone they know for doing wrong the list goes on. Just from last go around with these protesters I heard many reasons for being there and the only one I found with any merit was trying to bring attention to the bad cops that give the officers a bad name.

Oh boy, yup! And in more ways than one!

I think the majority of these protesters have no idea what's really going on here. JMO

I don't believe the majority of the protesters have the brains to care. All they want is to rant, rave, act out, and loot if possible.

In my opinion of course.

When I saw the video I thought I heard 3 shots. But Cnn played audio from someone who was filming a documentary and it sounded like two shots and an echo. The two shots sounded different. It was very weird. jMo. I'll link it if I can find the audio file.

I heard 2 shots and 2 echos on the video. The echos are perfectly spaced after each shot. I guess maybe it could be three shots with the third covering the second echo?

Listen here, starts at beginning of clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbfus9VHXtU

The second part of that clip appears to have a recording from a different camera phone, or the same phone with cleaned up audio that sounds like 2 shots with no echo. That doesn't sound like a handgun to me.

3202d77f.gif

One cheer to the Justice Department for debunking “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot.” But the president has behaved horribly through this whole thing.

Three shots rang out early Thursday morning in Ferguson, Missouri that severely wounded two police officers. Our thoughts and prayers are with these brave officers who, like thousands of their brethren across the United States, form a thin blue line that protect citizens in communities large and small regardless of their wealth, skin color, or religious beliefs.

Yet, something perverse has permeated our culture in America today, a culture where taking personal responsibility for one’s actions has been replaced by a grievance industry that promotes white privilege as the root cause for all that ails them. Sadly, America’s first African American President and Attorney General have encouraged this myth—with the media promoting an agenda rather than dispassionately reporting facts.

[...]

Sadly, this incident provided the perfect opportunity for those who think that America is inherently racist and permanently ensconced in a 1965 Selma, Alabama mindset with an opportunity: an opportunity to declare that a racist cop had gunned down an innocent black youth as the teen shouted “Hands up, Don’t Shoot”—a fictional account that never happened.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Those who condone crime, make heros out common thugs, spit on law enforcement, and live off the labor of others while contributing nothing to the overall good of the nation are simply parasites. It is time that the working majority of the country spoke up by electing officials that reward the working people and who will stop providing livelihood to the leeches. Your representative McSpadden is an insult to humanity and a prime example of the parasitic community. You have to ask yourself who, and why, would someone vote for that kind of person? Her sheer ignorance speaks volumes about the Ferguson issues and the issues facing this entire country. We do not have a law enforcement problem, we have a problem with a community that thinks they are entitled to everything in life at the expense of others and regardless of the law. Those that continue to whine about what happened to MB are out of touch with reality or just plain stupid, probably both. Perhaps you have not noticed that no charges were filed because the LE Officer was IN THE RIGHT and the criminal was IN THE WRONG. We worker bees are getting very tired of whiners and non-contributors. We tire of the screams of racism that are used to cover up rampant crime and disregard for the law that most of us hold dear. I'm sure this will draw the ire of some that post here in support of crime, protests, and the like. You know who you are. If the shoe fits..................

Disclaimer - This is the opinion of 1 person. I'm pretty sure that I speak for a lot of other disgruntled, working, taxpaying, law abiding citizens. You know, the ones that don't have time to march and protest every night because they work, have families and other responsibilities.

A big fat amen to you!!!

I am so outraged that people are not outraged over these shootings!

Obamaphones...hoo boy. That's a nice flash from the past. Makes me miss my grandma's e-mail forwards.

I'm starting to think there's no way to discuss these crimes and incidents without the conversation becoming political, no matter the situation. A lot of people have a political agenda; I'm starting to doubt if those people actually care about cities like Ferguson and those citizens, including the police forces.

For those of you who don't live here in The Lou, you have NO idea! We are becoming South Detroit at a rapid pace ! And it has little to do with the color of one's skin! It's the lack of quality education & parental involvement ! But keep your heads in the "racist" sands 'cause not only will the new Americans take your jobs, they will be paying the taxes to keep your Obamaphones & soon free internet - idiots! Who do ya think PAYS for the "entitlements" - Dayum. Ignorance runs deep in 2015 America! I want my America back where you Work for what you have ! And your kids are in school not protesting against those who keep you safe!

I try very hard to keep myself informed, but have to admit I'm not sure what an Obamaphone is, and have no idea about free internet. I would like to know so I can look this up and read about it.

It made me very sad and pretty disgusted to see the 'street party' atmosphere last night at the so called 'vigil.' The crowd was literally dancing in the streets, cheering, laughing, drumming, jamming, celebrating. There was no vigil or memorial until the last few minutes, and it appeared fake, put on for the sake of the cameras. It was disgusting, imo.

I try very hard to keep myself informed, but have to admit I'm not sure what an Obamaphone is, and have no idea about free internet. I would like to know so I can look this up and read about it.

Internet under the Net Neutrality NOW becomes a utility . . . just like electricity, gas, water -- will be subsidized by US who can afford it

Sad that this has turned into a political rant.. Still hoping that the shooters are caught soon....whoever they are. JMO

So, this thread is now a place to insult locals and correct spelling mistakes? :facepalm:
I, for one, appreciate the local perspective. I also make the occasional spelling mistake. :shame:

I think I'll stay out of this one.

This thread is about the shooting in Ferguson. We need to please stick to the information released in the case.

Please stick to the facts in the shooting.

Thank you,
Tricia

No one turned this in to a political rant. It is political because we have an idiot for a president who is a race baiter. Instead of encouraging people to behave in a civilized way, he promotes thuggishness and calls upon the many who don't think for themselves to take to the streets and behave like thugs, yelling, complaining and fighting police who are there to prevent violence. Wake up and open your eyes
My husband, a white man who only arrests lawbreakers of any and every ethnicity,has worked every day for the past 20 years to keep ungrateful idiots safe. Nothing but truth in this post. Nothing but the facts. My husband has not yet been assisinated by these idiots. Not Yet.

The President is not an idiot. I think one of the reasons for so many problems, is lack of respect, lack of respect for so many things, from so many people. It is disturbing.

No one turned this in to a political rant. It is political because we have an idiot for a president who is a race baiter. Instead of encouraging people to behave in a civilized way, he promotes thuggishness and calls upon the many who don't think for themselves to take to the streets and behave like thugs, yelling, complaining and fighting police who are there to prevent violence. Wake up and open your eyes
My husband, a white man who only arrests lawbreakers of any and every ethnicity,has worked every day for the past 20 years to keep ungrateful idiots safe. Nothing but truth in this post. Nothing but the facts. My husband has not yet been assisinated by these idiots. Not Yet.

Please tell your husband, I thank him from the bottom of my heart for his service and please stay safe!

THANK YOU.

My husband and I just had to help our son come up with extra cash to upgrade his kevlar vest to the kind that prevents automatic weapon gunfire. His employer does not pay for the highest grade under armor. It is so sad that they even have to think this way now.

I hear you, friend. There are so many of us who just want to live in a civilized way. Don't beat each other, don't lie, don't steal or murder. Don't be cruel. That is it, easy wouldn't you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997
Back