MO - 2nd woman found dead in firefighter's home - Frontenac, MO (suburban St. Louis)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if she had prescriptions to those medications. Was there any history of drug abuse in her past?

Interesting the manner of death was left open.

For some reason I don't think this will end well for the boyfriend.

JMO
I think the boyfriend is a controlling, gas-lighting, toxic narcissist. These two women were his victims and chose suicide as an escape.

At a minimum, he should be removed as a firefighter.

JMO

Combining gabapentin with oxycodone or Benadryl can cause excessive sedation per this RX info sheet. It is advised against. Combining all three at once likely magnified this sedative affect. (MOO)

Autopsy Info. CoD = Drug Intoxication. MoD, Undetermined.
Daily Mail. Mar 5 - 6, 2024.

"Doctor girlfriend of firefighter died from a lethal cocktail of drugs at home, autopsy reveals - three years after his fiancé was found shot dead...
- Dr. Sarah Sweeney's cause of death was drug intoxication and her manner of death remains undetermined."

"Oxycodone, the seizure and pain medication Gabapentin and antihistamine Diphenhydramine were found in Sweeney's system."

"On Tuesday, a toxicology report from the St. Louis County Medical Examiner’s Office revealed the doctor's cause of death was drug intoxication, but the manner remains undetermined...."

" 'Dr. Sweeney was found with no obvious signs of trauma discovered on her body, and our investigation, at this point, supports that she was home alone leading up to her death,' the Frontenac Police Department stated."
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

FWIW, per wiki, Gabapentin** "is an anticonvulsant medication primarily used to treat partial seizures and neuropathic pain.[4]... It is moderately effective: about 30–40% of those given gabapentin for diabetic neuropathy or postherpetic neuralgia have a meaningful benefit.[9]" (sbm)
"Sleepiness and dizziness are the most common side effects. Serious side effects include an INCREASED RISK OF SUICIDE, respiratory depression, and allergic reactions.[4]" <- my CAPS.
"Overdose
"Through excessive ingestion, accidental or otherwise, persons may experience overdose symptoms including drowsiness, sedation, blurred vision, slurred speech, somnolence, uncontrollable jerking motions, and anxiety. A very high amount taken is associated with breathing suppression, coma, and possibly DEATH, particularly if combined with alcohol or opioids.[73][75]" <--- my caps

** Gabapentin - Wikipedia
Thank you! I'm curious. From skimming links, it sounds like a situation where accidental overdose is possible, and ... how many people (stats) taking those drugs commit suicide?

Very bad luck if two girlfriends committed suicide while living in one of his houses. I don't see anything suggesting murder, since he wasn't home when the second girlfriend unexpectedly died.

How long do the drugs need to cause sedation and worse, and how long had he been away from the house?

Thank you! I'm curious. From skimming links, it sounds like a situation where accidental overdose is possible, and ... how many people (stats) taking those drugs commit suicide?

Very bad luck if two girlfriends committed suicide while living in one of his houses. I don't see anything suggesting murder, since he wasn't home when the second girlfriend unexpectedly died.

How long do the drugs need to cause sedation and worse, and how long had he been away from the house?

Do we know if she had a history of drug use?

Bc I can't imagine someone just up and taking these.

Jmo

This isn't a big story yet, but I suspect it will when they release more information. Anyway, in 2021, a woman "committed suicide" at this still-unidentified man's house, and her family and friends were suspicious. He didn't seem to waste any time finding a new partner, and this second woman's family and friends basically said that as soon as she started dating him two years ago, they stopped hearing from her.

This second woman was 39 years old, and a podiatrist! Nobody who knew her was aware of any reason she might die suddenly, although I'm sure the autopsy will tell us more.

Shades of Drew Peterson.

• Exposure to moderate-dose (adjusted OR 1.56) and high-dose gabapentin (adjusted OR 1.58) is associated with a 60% increased risk of opioid-related death compared with opioids alone.7

(IMO) could have been prescribed if she suffered some type of nerve pain?

I tried gabapentin briefly for my essential tremors (I've always been a little shaky) but decided that I would rather take something else. It was because of a side effect (the list is long) but I don't remember which one exactly.

Do we know if she had a history of drug use?

Bc I can't imagine someone just up and taking these.

Jmo
This lady was a doctor. Being a foot doctor I'm would think she prescribed Gamapentin to her patients and should have been well aware of the side effects and complications of taking this drug with other medications such as Oxycodone.

Bring on the text messages between these two. I can't wait to read what RD had to "say" to this unfortunate to have ever met him, women.

It seems both of the women in his life were or became, down and out in their lives, while dating this guy.

JMO

I think the boyfriend is a controlling, gas-lighting, toxic narcissist. These two women were his victims and chose suicide as an escape.

At a minimum, he should be removed as a firefighter.

JMO
Have you read the texts between Grace and Rob ? Or Laura and Rob ? Also, have you seen the photos of Grace with the gun ?

@Insightful1
How did I miss texts btwn Laura & Rob?

Are they as exhausting & scary to read as texts btwn Grace & Rob?

Anyone have a link handy?
Someone posted a website that had all the documents, including audio recordings of calls. It requires you to subscribe to the guy’s Patreon account ($3). Those posts were removed so am not sure if they are allowed. Don’t know where else to access these. Very informative. I originally was thinking that GH could have been murdered, but am leaning suicide once I accessed these files. Not saying that I think RD is a nice person, but GH had a lot of demons. They really seemed to bring out the worst in each other. And as someone else pointed out, RD seems to attach himself to women who are a bit down and out…

I’ve thought about this case a lot. So much to wrap one’s head around.

Someone posted a website that had all the documents, including audio recordings of calls. It requires you to subscribe to the guy’s Patreon account ($3). Those posts were removed so am not sure if they are allowed. Don’t know where else to access these. Very informative. I originally was thinking that GH could have been murdered, but am leaning suicide once I accessed these files. Not saying that I think RD is a nice person, but GH had a lot of demons. They really seemed to bring out the worst in each other. And as someone else pointed out, RD seems to attach himself to women who are a bit down and out…

I’ve thought about this case a lot. So much to wrap one’s head around.
That info was removed before I could read it. But I do know a lot about domestic, emotional abuse and the toll it takes on victims. I consider both women to be RD's victims.

Toxic narcissists are initially charming. Their goal is to take total control over their target. It is tragic that these two women did not have a support system to help them escape.

JMO

Combining gabapentin with oxycodone or Benadryl can cause excessive sedation per this RX info sheet. It is advised against. Combining all three at once likely magnified this sedative affect. (MOO)

Crazy, I am prescribed Gabapentin, oxycodone and Prozac and my doctors know I take Benadryl at night too and they have never mentioned one cautionary word about cautionary overdose...

Crazy, I am prescribed Gabapentin, oxycodone and Prozac and my doctors know I take Benadryl at night too and they have never mentioned one cautionary word about cautionary overdose...
I don’t want to be a fear mongerer but the research ive been reading is quite alarming. I don’t think these risks are being reported to the patients. Gabapentin is incredibly common prescription.

This report indicated that 1 in every 550 patients prescribed oxycodone will die from overdose within 2.5 years of receiving their first prescription. This study says that gabapentin increases that likelihood by 49% (the other study said 60%)

That info was removed before I could read it. But I do know a lot about domestic, emotional abuse and the toll it takes on victims. I consider both women to be RD's victims.

Toxic narcissists are initially charming. Their goal is to take total control over their target. It is tragic that these two women did not have a support system to help them escape.

JMO
I suffered at the hands of a narcissist for years and I'm wondering if RD was just so fed up that it made him mean (by NO means an excuse for his behavior--he should have ended things with her instead of the back and forth). I also believe that GH could give just as good as she could get. From what I gleaned from the text conversations, these items don't stand out as the typical victim of abuse or someone who was being "controlled".
-her family and twin sister were close by and GH had constant interaction with them. It is clear she spent many nights with her parents and sister.
-her insistence that RD marry her and her apparent lack of ambition to get a job. She really wanted to live a certain lifestyle and saw RD as her meal ticket. Her attempts to get pregnant seemed like a way to pin him down. She seemed to have a clear agenda with what she wanted from him.
-in RD's texts with GH's sister, you will see her own twin calling her "entitled".
-GH was seriously fixated on RD's ex-wife (demanding at the very least whatever his first wife got) and also treated RD's son very badly, at times insisting that RD not spend time with his son. Yet she wanted RD to take on her four girls in the new house.
-There was an incident where GH assaulted RD's minor son when RD was not home. Law enforcement was almost called and this threatened RD's custody of his son, which is where a lot of his anger comes from in the text thread.

There are other items from the police report out there but I am not sure if I am allowed to discuss them. I would love for a moderator to advise about:
-prior Critical Incident Report where GH threatened suicide while married to her first husband (incidentally when that relationship was falling part as well).
-audio recordings of phone calls between police and GH's first husband, as well as RD's ex-wife's new husband (also law enforcement) about their interactions with GH. The conversation with RD's ex-wife's new husband was particularly enlightening.

From what I read of the GH texts, I agree with you DuckDuck. He was very insistent that he would never marry her and she was constantly in denial about that. Basically telling her "look, leave if you want to leave, stay if you want to stay, but I am NEVER going to marry you". When a man tells you something about himself that he knows you don't want to hear, he's telling you the truth, he's not testing you.

Also, what was her relationship to C? The texts made it sound like C was kind of squatting in her or their old house? He sounded like her ex husband maybe?

From what I read of the GH texts, I agree with you DuckDuck. He was very insistent that he would never marry her and she was constantly in denial about that. Basically telling her "look, leave if you want to leave, stay if you want to stay, but I am NEVER going to marry you". When a man tells you something about himself that he knows you don't want to hear, he's telling you the truth, he's not testing you.

Also, what was her relationship to C? The texts made it sound like C was kind of squatting in her or their old house? He sounded like her ex husband maybe?
She was married with 4 daughters. My impression is that when the marriage failed, she moved out of the house. Her ex-husband remained in the home with the children. When she spent time with her daughters, she was either at her sisters or parents' homes. The texts suggest that she could force her ex-husband and children out of the matrimonial home, or benefit financially by the sale of that home, but I think that is unrealistic.

She was not providing a home for the children, so no court would support any attempt by her to force her children out of their home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back