MO - 3 charged after 11-year-old gives birth in bathtub, St. Charles, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cass523

Reaction score
ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP) — Three relatives of an 11-year-old girl who gave birth in the bathtub of her suburban St. Louis home are facing criminal charges.

An adult female and adult male are charged with child endangerment. And a 17-year-old male is charged with incest as well as statutory rape and statutory sodomy of a child younger than 12. All three live in St. Charles.

Police started investigating after the adult male relative brought an infant to a hospital on Feb. 11.

Charging documents say the baby still had the umbilical cord and placenta attached and had a body temperature of just 90 degrees.

3 charged after 11-year-old gives birth in Missouri bathtub

OMg. How sad, cruel and just plain disgusting can it get? An 11-yr-old giving birth, a 17 y/o charged with incest, rape, and sodomy, and what about the "two adults"? How could sodomy be detected unless an examination revealed it? Damm.
What about the 11 year-old? Where is she?

IMHO, this one is way-the-hell out there. SMH, SMH.
What a freakin' mess.

How in the world could the two adults not know this little girl was being abused, pregnant?? Did they know and chose to protect the 17 year old??? They did nothing to help her until the baby was born???? The male took only the baby to the hospital???? What about the little girl who gave birth???? All around jacked up people. This poor little girl. She isn't equipped in any way shape or form to be a mother at this age. I hope they have lots of people surrounding her to support, protect and help her move forward.

I haven't seen whether the baby survived -- there is no charge having to do with death, so I assume the newborn is alive.
Here's another article --

Woman charged after 11-year-old daughter gives birth to baby in a bathtub

Warning: The details of this story are disturbing

Author: Dori Olmos, Sam Clancy

Published: 7:24 PM CST February 19, 2020

Updated: 11:58 AM CST February 20, 2020

ST CHARLES, Mo. — A mother was charged after her 11-year-old daughter gave birth in a bathtub last week.
Lesbia Cante pleaded not guilty Wednesday to a charge of endangering the welfare of a child. In court Wednesday, her cash-only bail was increased to $100,000 from $10,000.
According to court documents, Cante and her husband, Francisco Javier Gonzalez-Lopez, took a newborn to St. Joseph Hospital in St. Charles last week. The baby still had the umbilical cord and placenta attached and had a body temperature of 90 degrees.

Gonzalez-Lopez initially told police someone left the infant on his front porch. In an interview with detectives two days later, he told police the father of the child was his son, 17-year-old Norvin Leonidas Lopez-Cante, and the mother was the teen’s 11-year-old relative.

More here:
Woman charged after 11-year-old daughter gives birth to baby in a bathtub

Oh this yanks my chain big time.

First. Let's just "pretend" this poor 11 year old. ELEVEN ! Didn't suffer, and wasn't totally confused by being sexually assaulted by a member of her family. Which of course she was suffering for Lord knows how long?

They made her give birth in a %#$@*& bathtub? I'd hang all three mofos at high noon in a crowded mall if I couls.

Secondly Let's call it what it is. BS. The 17 year old uhhh Uncle,brother, cousin whatever admitted to having sexual intercourse with a child over 100 times? Mom's and Pop's missed that? Even if they did they put this kid in a tub to give birth?

Filly, won't be surprised if Pop's and Mom's weren't running some kind of game. Making money or maybe had plans to sell the baby.

Where are we? What year is it? Yes, some of the poorest countries in the world sell their daughters to filthy pedophiles. Not excusing it, but thankfully I have never been in that position. This? This smacks of the perception that all rural people are backward, sex crazed and inbred. 2020 in America.

Dear God, Blessed Mother, Baba, Angels, and Saints, please bring this little girl some comfort. Keep her safe. Have extremely good therapists that can help her "understand". Please no matter what she chooses to do with her baby may little one be protected for life!

Here are the court records so far:

2011-CR00808 - ST V LESBIA CANTE

02/14/2020
Bond Set
THE COURT FURTHER FINDS REASONABLE GROUNDS TO BELIEVE THE DEFENDANT, IS A DANGER TO THE CRIME VICTIM, THE COMMUNITY OR ANOTHER PERSON. BOND IS HEREBY SET AT $10,000.00; 10% IS NOT AUTHORIZED; NO CONTACT WITH THE VICTIM OR OTHER CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS OLD. PER JAC/amp

02/18/2020 Pre-Trial Assessment Filed
PRETRIAL RISK ASSESSMENT REPORT RECEIVED, PML
Warrant Served
Document ID - 20-ADARW-301; Served To - CANTE, LESBIA; Server - SO ST CHARLES CNTY; Served Date - 16-FEB-20; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served; Service Text - /SEE

02/19/2020 Order for Bond Increase
THE COURT, ON ITS OWN MOTION, HEREBY INCREASES THE BOND ON THIS CASE FROM $10,000.00, 10% IS NOT AUTHORIZED, TO $100,000.00, CASH ONLY. NO CONTACT WITH THE VICTIM OR ANY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. PER BRS/hmb

Judge/Clerk - Note
PROSECUTING ATTORNEY TO NOTIFY ANY VICTIMS IF VICTIM NOTIFICATION IS REQUIRED, HMB

Confined Docket Hearing Sched
7 DAY BOND HEARING

Associated Entries: 02/20/2020 - Hearing/Trial Cancelled
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Scheduled For: 02/25/2020; 9:05 AM ; NORMAN C STEIMEL III; St Charles Circuit Div

Order Upon Arraignment Hearing
DEFENDANT ENTERS PLEA OF NOT GUILTY. THE COURT HEREBY DENIES THE REQUEST FOR BOND CHANGE AND SETS MATTER FOR BOND HEARING ON 2-25-20 AT 9 AM IN DIVISION 10. PER BRS/hmm
Request for Notc of Hrg Filed

02/20/2020 Disposition Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 04/16/2020; 9:00 AM ; NORMAN C STEIMEL III; St Charles Circuit Div

2011-CR00808 - ST V LESBIA CANTE

Order for Continuance
ORDER TO CONTINUE FOR DISPOSITION ON 4/16/2020 AT 9AM. NCS/mah
Filed By: NORMAN C STEIMEL III
Order Amended
ORDER TO AMENDED BOND TO $10,000.00 - 10% IS AUTHORIZED - STATE OBJECTS
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
HEARING CANCELLED - ATTY J BRISCOE ENTERED.
Scheduled For: 02/25/2020; 9:05 AM ; NORMAN C STEIMEL III; St Charles Circuit Div
Order
ORDER FOR SPANISH INTERPRETER SET FOR BOND HEARING ON 2/25/2020 AT 9:05 AM. NCS/mah

THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2020
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
NORMAN C STEIMEL 9:00 AM 1 OF 1 Disposition Hearing
Event Text: Location: DIVISION 10 COURTROOM St Charles Circuit Div
Address: 300 N 2nd STREET SAINT CHARLES MO

Case.net: - Docket Entries

2011-CR00794 - ST V NORVIN L LOPEZ-CANTE

02/14/2020 Judge/Clerk - Note
WARRANT FAXED TO ST.CHARLES CITY P.D.AND HAND DELIVERED TO SCCDOC ON THIS DATE. /MMP
Bond Set
THE COURT FURTHER FINDS REASONABLE GROUNDS TO BELIEVE THE DEFENDANT, WILL NOT APPEAR ON SUMMONS, AND IS A DANGER TO THE CRIME VICTIM, THE COMMUNITY OR ANOTHER PERSON. BOND IS HEREBY SET AT $25,000.00; 10% IS NOT AUTHORIZED. PER JAC/mmp

02/19/2020
Order for Bond Increase
THE COURT, ON ITS OWN MOTION, HEREBY INCREASES THE BOND ON THIS CASE FROM $25,000.00; 10% NOT AUTHORIZED TO $300,000.00 CASH ONLY. NO CONTACT WITH THE VICTIM, OR ANY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. PER BRS/hmb
Confined Docket Hearing Sched
7 DAY BOND HEARING

02/20/2020 Order
ORDER FOR SPANISH INTERPRETER FOR BOND HEARING ON 2/25/2020 AT 9:05 AM. NCS/mah

2011-CR00794 - ST V NORVIN L LOPEZ-CANTE

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2020
NORMAN C STEIMEL 9:05 AM 1 OF 1 Confined Docket Hearing Sched
Event Text: 7 DAY BOND HEARING Location: DIVISION 10 COURTROOM St Charles Circuit Div

Case.net: - Event Information

2011-CR00792 - ST V FRANCISCO J. GONZALEZ-LOPEZ

02/14/2020 Judge/Clerk - Note
WARRANT HAND DELIVERED TO SCCDOC ON THIS DATE. /MMP
Order for Fingerprinting
Associated Entries: 02/18/2020 - Notice of Service
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Bond Set
THE COURT FURTHER FINDS REASONABLE GROUNDS TO BELIEVE THE DEFENDANT, WILL NOT APPEAR ON SUMMONS, AND IS A DANGER TO THE CRIME VICTIM, THE COMMUNITY OR ANOTHER PERSON. BOND IS HEREBY SET AT $10,000.00; 10% IS AUTHORIZED. PER JAC/mmp

02/19/2020 Confined Docket Hearing Sched
7 DAY BOND HEARING
Order for Bond Increase
THE COURT, ON ITS OWN MOTION, HEREBY INCREASES THE BOND IN THIS CASE FROM $10,000.00, 10% IS AUTHORIZED TO $100,000.00 CASH ONLY, NO CONTACT WITH VICTIM, OR ANY OTHER CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEAR. PER BRS/SEE

02/20/2020 Order
ORDER SPANISH INTERPRETER FOR BOND HEARING ON 2/25/2020 AT 9:05 AM. NCS/mah

2011-CR00792 - ST V FRANCISCO J. GONZALEZ-LOPEZ

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2020
NORMAN C STEIMEL 9:05 AM 1 OF 1 Confined Docket Hearing Sched
Event Text: 7 DAY BOND HEARING Location: DIVISION 10 COURTROOM St Charles Circuit Div

Case.net: - Event Information

Nasty, and the mom of this little girl had to know something was amiss months ago. Then to lie and try to cover up for the 17 year old just blows my mind. They didn't even try to help this girl, and must have left her home alone or with the incestuous rapist after delivering a baby. WTH is wrong with some of the world, and parents today. :mad::(:mad:

Editing to add a link to show that the little girls Father *UGH* was in the country illegally and had previously been deported.
17-year-old charged with incest, rape of 11-year-old after baby born in bathtub

Last edited:
Maybe an unpopular viewpoint but thank goodness it seems baby and mom are alive. Too many times here on WS we see worse outcomes. Newborns disappeared or 11 yr old missing. Thank goodness everyone is alive here. We often say why didn’t they do this or that instead of killing someone or disappearing them.
Not that what happened is right. It is deplorable and true, people need to be punished for what has happened.
I am just glad this is not on some missing forum.

Nasty, and the mom of this little girl had to know something was amiss months ago. Then to lie and try to cover up for the 17 year old just blows my mind. They didn't even try to help this girl, and must have left her home alone or with the incestuous rapist after delivering a baby. WTH is wrong with some of the world, and parents today. :mad::(:mad:

Editing to add a link to show that the little girls Father *UGH* was in the country illegally and had previously been deported.
Looks like the GPA to the 11yr old was the one deported and returned to country.

"Gonzalez-Lopez was charged with endangering the welfare of a child for his role in the incident. His bond was set at $10,000, cash only. Charging documents said he entered the country illegally and was previously deported."

Maybe an unpopular viewpoint but thank goodness it seems baby and mom are alive. Too many times here on WS we see worse outcomes. Newborns disappeared or 11 yr old missing. Thank goodness everyone is alive here. We often say why didn’t they do this or that instead of killing someone or disappearing them.
Not that what happened is right. It is deplorable and true, people need to be punished for what has happened.
I am just glad this is not on some missing forum.
I so agree and hate to say but glad if happened she was in USA vs being deployed like GPA because she will get better healthcare here. Also hope they don't take her baby away unless she wants to put her up for adoption.
I was only 3 years older at 14 when I had my first.

Unbelievable! Did the child attend school?

I'm betting that she did not attend school -- assuming that her mom knew what was going on at home with the child and the older male teenage relative (can it get any more horrible than this?) -- and I won't believe that mom didn't know. IMO mom might be afraid that the young girl might tell someone or that a teacher might notice something -- the girl possibly having morning sickness, or her shape changing over the weeks, or a dizzy spell, etc.
I don't know how long the family has been in that location -- if not long, the child might not have been registered for school -- if registration for public school is required in that county or state, as it is in many states. It could be that the parents weren't aware of that requirement -- again, if it is required.

I'm thinking a lot will unfold before this thing is over... I'm hoping that this nasty biznezz will get investigated thoroughly -- this is wrong and cruel on so many levels, IMHO. That poor little girl.
And there may be other little girls or boys out there somewhere who are enduring this hurtful, unfair horror. Grrrrr.

Infant born to 11-year-old St. Charles rape victim in intensive care

A boy born earlier this month in a St. Charles home to an 11-year-old girl is premature and in intensive care, the Post-Dispatch learned Tuesday.

The baby was born Feb. 11 at about 32 weeks, or roughly two months early, according to law enforcement sources who requested anonymity because they’re not authorized to speak publicly about the case.

By the time the baby reached St. Joseph’s Medical Center at least an hour after his birth, his body temperature had dropped to 90 degrees, court documents said. The placenta and umbilical cord were still attached. The documents don’t explain how the baby’s temperature dropped, but newborns often have difficulty regulating their body temperature, particularly if they’re not dried off after birth and kept warm.

Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Lawrence Chrum said immigration officials have placed a hold on all three defendants, saying all had entered the country illegally. The girl was born in the U.S.

This poor girl could have died and her baby too. I am glad she’s in foster care now and praying that family is really supporting her with all the services she needs. If the baby was in the NICU for weeks, he may have just gotten released in the past month. I wonder if he’s with his mom, or if she decided to put him up for adoption.

This teen perp is playing the pity me role. What kind of excuses are the other 2 adults going to use?

Snip:
The girl, who had been repeatedly sexually assaulted, was unaware that she was pregnant, the sources said. She’s now in foster care.

Norvin L. Lopez-Cante, 17, is accused of raping the 11-year-old and was in court Tuesday for a bond hearing. Charged with statutory rape and statutory sodomy of a child younger than 12, Lopez-Cante told Associate St. Charles County Judge Norman C. Steimel III that he was 16 when authorities say the assaults occurred. “I was a minor, too,” he said through an interpreter.

This poor girl could have died and her baby too. I am glad she’s in foster care now and praying that family is really supporting her with all the services she needs. If the baby was in the NICU for weeks, he may have just gotten released in the past month. I wonder if he’s with his mom, or if she decided to put him up for adoption.

This teen perp is playing the pity me role. What kind of excuses are the other 2 adults going to use?

Snip:
The girl, who had been repeatedly sexually assaulted, was unaware that she was pregnant, the sources said. She’s now in foster care.

Norvin L. Lopez-Cante, 17, is accused of raping the 11-year-old and was in court Tuesday for a bond hearing. Charged with statutory rape and statutory sodomy of a child younger than 12, Lopez-Cante told Associate St. Charles County Judge Norman C. Steimel III that he was 16 when authorities say the assaults occurred. “I was a minor, too,” he said through an interpreter.
His self-described defense, “I was a minor too”, caught my eye also. Perfect candidate for promotion to serial rapist in future years. What a go-getter. Hope he’s locked up for as long as possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Relentless85
Back