GUILTY MO - Adriaunna Horton, 12, abducted & murdered, Golden City, 19 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Golden City, MO is a small town of just over 700 people. This is a very rural community with a lot of farm land around it. The next town is about eight miles away. It is my understanding that Adrianna was playing in the park across from her house with friends. The children say that a man got out of his car and grabbed her. He then put her in his car and drove off. He is from town and the children knew who him. That was around 5:00 pm yesterday. He was stopped and arrested in town at 6:30 pm. Adrianna was not in the car with him and apparently he is not talking or wasn't last night. I have not heard anything more this morning. Praying that she is found safe...

Any chance of this being an abduction by a relative or custody issue? I know that her dad is around but hoping that somehow she is ok.. Otherwise, it doesn't look good.

another snip:
The suspect has been taken into custody and the vehicle impounded. Horton is still missing.

Anyone seeing the missing person, suspect, associate, or vehicle, or anyone having any information related to the endangered missing person should immediately dial 911 to contact the nearest law enforcement agency or call the Barton County Sheriff's Department at 417-682-5541.

(from above link)

video at that link says there were witnesses (friends and family members)

claire, one article I read said, "him" in reference to the suspect but I will have to go back and find it. brb

I am glad there were witnesses to her getting into the car...

I wonder if she got in willingly... Or by force...

From the reports it sounds like she "got "into" the car...

I wonder if she knows the abductor?

JMO

O/T... But per emergency alert above...

There are two in MO....

Adrianna...

and Baby Lisa Irwin... :(

Baby Lisa brought me to websleuths...

Praying he just dropped this girl off somewhere unharmed, but I know that is unlikely. An hour and a half isn't very long though!

Yes... I am hoping it is some type of custody battle situation...

and she is hidden away somewhere... But safe...

JMO

Nurse or anyone - did anyone find that they are identifying the suspect as a "he?"

I haven't but am at work so sleuthing between emails..

Hoping it's a relative/custody issue ... just so she's ok. Is it normal to refer to the suspect always as "THE" suspect or do they usually identify gender?

I rarely follow the missing kids cases - makes me so sick and sad.

The man they arrested is from town. I am not sure I am allowed to post his name until they release it to the public, but he does have a history of convictions for drugs and violence. Adrianna was playing at the park across from her house with friends when he abducted her. The children knew him. The town is very small, only just over 700 people. It is surrounded by farm land with the next town about 8 miles away. Praying she is found safe...

Kudos to LE for finding the driver of the car so quickly!

I hope there is video from street/home/business cams trailing the place(s) s/he traveled...

Are there any locals on this thread familiar with cameras around there?

TIA...:seeya:

The man they arrested is from town. I am not sure I am allowed to post his name until they release it to the public, but he does have a history of convictions for drugs and violence. Adrianna was playing at the park across from her house with friends when he abducted her. The children knew him. The town is very small, only just over 700 people. It is surrounded by farm land with the next town about 8 miles away. Praying she is found safe...

Your local perspective is appreciated, Glitterflits! :seeya:

No good feeling about this poor little one. Car and suspect located, but not Adrianna. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back