GUILTY MO - Adriaunna Horton, 12, abducted & murdered, Golden City, 19 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the "update at 4 PM" is just a way to get people to tune in. If there was a significant development at the PC, we would know about it. I think they are just going to repeat what we already know at 4.

Is it me or does she look tiny for 12 yrs old?

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/se...drianna-horton/d/story/TDrJ_YzBR0O6Onml3DMsYg

GOLDEN CITY, Mo. -- Teams of law officers and volunteers are fanning out along a creek in Golden City, Missouri, searching for a missing 12 year old girl.

Adrianna Horton was last seen about 5:30 pm Monday. That's when Authorities got a 911 call at 5:30pm Monday from Adrianna's father, James Horton.
Adrianna was last seen at Hazel Park in Golden City. She was with family and friends. They alerted the father.

At least one witness told police they saw her get into a pickup truck, but investigators say they are still trying to confirm that from other witnesses.

UPDATED 11:06 a.m. — More than 400 trained law enforcement officers, volunteers and others searched Golden City Monday night and early today for a young girl who went missing Monday evening. The search is still continuing.

According to the Barton County Sheriff’s Department, 12-year-old Adrianna Horton of Golden City was playing in the park with friends, who noticed she had gone missing and notified her father, who called 911.

Witnesses also said Horton was observed getting into a vehicle at approximately 5 p.m. Monday. The driver and vehicle were located about 6:30 p.m. The vehicle has been impounded and the man that the Barton County Sheriff’s Department said was a “suspect” is being detained.

“Everyone in the community is working really hard trying to find her,” Barton County Sheriff Mitchell Shaw said this morning. “This is a very family-oriented community.”
http://www.joplinglobe.com/topstories/x789508824/Search-continues-in-Barton-County-for-missing-girl

This is a close knit community. There is no local police department in town, only the county police. There are no "local" television stations. News comes out of Joplin and Springfield which are 40 & 60 miles away respectfully. Sometimes it takes longer to get the story out to the public simply because it is a small town out in the country that does not make the news often.

I am under the impression that he was not cooperating as of last night.

I am assuming he is not cooperating... Since LE/agencies are still searching for her...

I wish he would "man up"!
:banghead:

snip from your link:

Teams of law officers and volunteers are fanning out along a creek in Golden City, Missouri, searching for a missing 12 year old girl.

Adrianna Horton was last seen about 5:30 pm Monday. That's when Authorities got a 911 call at 5:30pm Monday from Adrianna's father, James Horton.
Adrianna was last seen at Hazel Park in Golden City. She was with family and friends. They alerted the father.

At least one witness told police they saw her get into a pickup truck, but investigators say they are still trying to confirm that from other witnesses.

About 6:30pm, Barton County deputies located the truck and a suspect, who is male.

Investigators say they have not confirmed if Adrianna or her father knew the suspect. Law officers say they are familiar with the suspect, and that he lived in Golden City at one point in the past. His current residence was unclear. Investigators would not say if the suspect is cooperating with questioning.

The controlled search began about 10:30 Tuesday morning with volunteer teams of first responders, citizens and law officers.

It is focused on Kile Creek, (Muddy Creek, ) also known as the North Fork of Spring River in Barton County.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/media/lib/184/5/6/b/56b212cc-a2bb-46ad-9afe-619601a6c5f0/Story.jpg

Is it me or does she look tiny for 12 yrs old?

I'm guessing it's a school photo from last year, taken around August or September 2012. I'm not sure what grade Adrianna is in, but I could see her being a 5th or 6th grader in it (Just about to start the new school year).

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/se...drianna-horton/d/story/TDrJ_YzBR0O6Onml3DMsYg

GOLDEN CITY, Mo. -- Teams of law officers and volunteers are fanning out along a creek in Golden City, Missouri, searching for a missing 12 year old girl.

Per article above...

LE/agencies/searchers are searching the Kile Creek ("Muddy Creek"... North Fork of Spring River)...

I wonder what led the searchers to zero in on that area?

:waitasec:

I'm guessing it's a school photo from last year, taken around August or September 2012. I'm not sure what grade Adrianna is in, but I could see her being a 5th or 6th grader in it (Just about to start the new school year).

Comparisons between the school photo (I assume school) and a more candid shot shows a development in age... IMO...

Per article above...

LE/agencies/searchers are searching the Kile Creek ("Muddy Creek"... North Fork of Spring River)...

I wonder what led the searchers to zero in on that area?

:waitasec:

the earlier video I linked upstream showed a police dog. That could be a possibility

Comparisons between the school photo (I assume school) and a more candid shot shows a development in age... IMO...

Maybe the school photo is from August/September 2012, while the other photo is much more recent, making them about a year apart?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecillim7488
Back