GUILTY MO - Adriaunna Horton, 12, abducted & murdered, Golden City, 19 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is only 57 miles from me. If I didn't have to work tomorrow night I would volunteer to help. Knowing exactly what this family is going through hurts, especially at this time! I would love to be able to pay it back, all those folks that volunteered there time to help search for Jonathan. I'm praying this girl is returned safe.

ugh....he HAD to know the little sister and other kids he was talking to would ID him! I wonder if they found evidence in his truck? :stormingmad:

Not too far from this area (within 30-50 miles, especially Jasper County) is an area that used to be known for mining ore. Lots of mine shafts and boarded up old cabins, etc. Point being, it will take a lot of people to search that area.

I'm from Missouri also, but more south central. It's probably important to note that the part of the state where the search centers around is very rugged terrain. Missouri is known as the "cave state" and this area has a lot of caves, caverns, hills, bluffs, rivers, extremely curvy, winding roads, etc. Unfortunately, I think this hinders the search and makes hiding someone easier than you might think. Thoughts, Glitterflits?

I agree completely. Where the search is centered down Muddy Creek is dense woods all around. I am sure it is extremely difficult for searchers to work their way through while trying to find anything that might lead them to her. I have been told that they are concentrating on areas around water. If this is true, Muddy Creek is the largest creek around, but there are ponds on just about every farm. There is also Stockton Lake and Spring River. He had enough time to go to either and get back to town within the 1 1/2 hours between when she went missing and he was arrested. That is a large amount of land and water to cover with dense vegetation except where there is farm land. ...And a lot of gravel roads that he could have traveled. There are also a lot of abandoned old homes and buildings that are never visited on many large farms. IMO she could be in one of them. I just hope LE has some good leads to direct them where they need to search.

I've looked all over and can't find a scanner feed for the area. MSHP Troop D is over that area and is located in Greene County, MO - but that one is offline at the present time.

Reminds of April Jones in Wales, UK. The perp knew her, took her in front of her friends. And then killed her.

I do not see how this poor child could be alive...it seems like he grabbed her by opportunity, not in a way to have been prepared to "hand her off" i.e. JMO. And returned quickly, sadly it does not take much time to commit the actual crime(s).

Do we know where Mr Borne was arrested?

Just wondering if he was at his home in Lamar and had time to shower or clean up and change clothes. Or run his truck through a car wash, etc.

Golden City to Lamar: 18.1 mi, 21 mins

Praying for safe and quick return. I noticed that LE was asking for volunteers to help with the searches. I'm from a small community (pop. 500) and everyone is like family, we all show up when someone needs our help.

Not too far from this area (within 30-50 miles, especially Jasper County) is an area that used to be known for mining ore. Lots of mine shafts and boarded up old cabins, etc. Point being, it will take a lot of people to search that area.
That's where my mind keeps going..........mine shafts. Hate the thought.

MOO

He's got quite a bit on Casenet. Here's a recent one:
https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

"DEFENDANT APPEARS WITH ATTORNEY SOWASH, TRYING TO RESOLVE CEDAR COUNTY PROBATION VIOLATION AS WELL. RE-SET TO MAY 7, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. COURT HEARS ARGUMENT RE: BOND CONDITIONS - COURT LIFTS RESTRICTION ON CONTACT WITH STEP-DAUGHTER AS CHILDRENS DIVISION HAS INVESTIGATED HOME AND FOUND REUNIFICATION TO BE SAFE. NO CONTACT ORDER REMAINS IN EFFECT AS TO ADULT SISTER-IN-LAW. IF PROPOSED PLEA BARGAIN UNRAVELS, NO CONTACT WILL BE RE-INSTATED. JRB
Scheduled For: 03/05/2013; 1:30 PM ; JAMES R BICKEL; Dade"

According to this docket entry, he was supposed to go to court today. BBM

<modsnip>

Looks like he's got a couple of 3rd degree domestic assaults in '12, violation of a protective order in '04, protection order, lawsuit by a Joplin hospital, and a divorce.

DOB 1979

MOO

This is a different guy. On casenet check the charges. Click the parties and it should give a birth year.

Thanks! I deleted my post. Don't want to confuse our readers.

no contact laws with a child make me worry. Who am I kidding, i am worried anyway. It is great to see so many searchers though, wish it was happening in Alexis's case too.

He's got quite a bit on Casenet. Here's a recent one:
https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

"DEFENDANT APPEARS WITH ATTORNEY SOWASH, TRYING TO RESOLVE CEDAR COUNTY PROBATION VIOLATION AS WELL. RE-SET TO MAY 7, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. COURT HEARS ARGUMENT RE: BOND CONDITIONS - COURT LIFTS RESTRICTION ON CONTACT WITH STEP-DAUGHTER AS CHILDRENS DIVISION HAS INVESTIGATED HOME AND FOUND REUNIFICATION TO BE SAFE. NO CONTACT ORDER REMAINS IN EFFECT AS TO ADULT SISTER-IN-LAW. IF PROPOSED PLEA BARGAIN UNRAVELS, NO CONTACT WILL BE RE-INSTATED. JRB
Scheduled For: 03/05/2013; 1:30 PM ; JAMES R BICKEL; Dade"

According to this docket entry, he was supposed to go to court today. BBM

Case # 12DD-CR00215-01 on Casenet. Not sure why my link didn't go the actual case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back