MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
jodieo said:
checking in, anything new?
i havent heard anything, i wish something would happen to solve this case. its so heartwrenching...

michelle said:
i havent heard anything, i wish something would happen to solve this case. its so heartwrenching...

Me too. The only person that would have a motive would be the baby's sperm donar. I wish they could break the girlfriend but she may be involved so she will probably never talk. I wonder if this case has gone cold already?
I hope not. The police must suspect the sperm donar. Now if they could just prove it.

Checking in, haven't heard anything new lately. Praying for Amanda and the baby.

I wonder if LE is even working on this case? Wonder if they will ever find Amanda and the baby.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=91741
The family of a missing Pevely woman spent Saturday reminding the public the case is still unsolved. Amanda Jones vanished nearly six months ago.

As early as next week, police could get lab test results that shed some light on the active investigation. Meantime, family members are focusing on keeping the case on everyone's mind
Anyone know what these lab test results are for?

Anyone know what these lab test results are for?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, they are testing stuff they took from Westfall's home in a search. It's DNA testing and it takes forever.:banghead:

I'm hoping that they find something, anything. I have been following her case, not as much as I'd like to, but following just the same and it makes me sick to think that they still might be out there somewhere trying to get free.

munky said:
Anyone know what these lab test results are for?

As far as I know, they are testing stuff they took from Westfall's home in a search. It's DNA testing and it takes forever.:banghead:[/QUOTE]

It's been what 6-7 months now....how long do these labs take. As slow as they are you would think that there was only 1 lab in the whole USA :banghead:

This is so sad. Did this so called x boyfriend or whatever he was take a lie detector test?

That poor father. And all the rest of the family. I know they are clinging to any hope, but I just don't think she is alive. I think Westfall is involved and I hope they find her soon.

Her poor dad. It makes no sence that Westfall isn't even a suspect. NONE AT ALL! He was the last person to see her, he is in denial of being the father of her baby, he hasn't seen her in 9 months (of his choice) and when he does she disappears. Give me a break. What is wrong with LE- they should at least find him a POI or a suspect even if they have nothing to arrest him on. It seems like they find less on other people/cases and they turn into POI!
This just makes me so mad, thinking of the suffering of her poor family while he is getting away scott free.

CrimeHater said:
Her poor dad. It makes no sence that Westfall isn't even a suspect. NONE AT ALL! He was the last person to see her, he is in denial of being the father of her baby, he hasn't seen her in 9 months (of his choice) and when he does she disappears. Give me a break. What is wrong with LE- they should at least find him a POI or a suspect even if they have nothing to arrest him on. It seems like they find less on other people/cases and they turn into POI!
This just makes me so mad, thinking of the suffering of her poor family while he is getting away scott free.

I bet he is #1 suspect on the police list!

Parents hope for a sign to missing daughter's whereabouts

Feb 22, 2006

It's been six months since Amanda Jones disappeared.

She was nine months pregnant when she was last seen at the horse-show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21. Her unlocked car was found there.

Captain Ralph Brown of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department said they did recently get some things back from the crime lab but he does not believe it was anything significant.

“(The detectives) didn't divulge what it was,” Brown said. “They're waiting on the remainder of it to come back (from the crime lab).”

He said the state has authorized the crime lab to work overtime to get caught up.

Brown said it is frustrating that after six months, they still don't know what happened to her. She disappeared on Aug. 14.

Jones' parents, Hubert, who grew up in Flat River - one of “the St. Francois County triplets,” and Bertha Propst, said Jones went to the Hillsboro Civic Center to meet with the man they believe to be the baby's father, Bryan Lee Westfall.

Continued at link:

http://www.mydjconnection.com/articles/200...unity/news5.txt

I wish this case would get resolved. Take the darn dogs out to the sperm donar's property or his parent's property....just like SueAnn Ray's murder.

Nancy Grace plays little snippets of past programs as a leadin to her program. There is one of Amanda's dad talking and I can't listen to it without crying. The grief is so raw in his voice it just breaks my heart. Amanda goes to talk to that man about the baby and she is never seen again. Doesn't take to many smarts to figure that one out. Especially since he wanted nothing to do with her or the baby. Another case of the loser not wanting to get stuck paying child support.

What's always bothered me about this case is that LE didn't get a warrant to search the parents property. Now I know they need probable cause but if in fact he was the last to see her did they even try to get a warrant?

strach304 said:
What's always bothered me about this case is that LE didn't get a warrant to search the parents property. Now I know they need probable cause but if in fact he was the last to see her did they even try to get a warrant?

That is what I would like to know. I can't think of anyone else that would have a motive to murder Amanda and the baby but the sperm donar and maybe his girlfriend.

Isn't there some type of sonar equipment that they use when flying over areas looking for bodies? If so, LE doesn't need a search warrent to fly over both the properties of the sperm donar and his parents. LE needs to do something to bring this case to an end. I can't begin to imagine the emotional roller coaster families of missisng persons ride day in and day out. To me, not searching the properties of those people is like ignoring the biggest possibility of where Amanda and the baby's bodies are buried. It just really makes me angry.

Didn't LE say that they had some evidence that was at the lab being tested? Is it still setting there? Everything takes so darn long while families sit at home in agony waiting for answers.

Bobbi, from fourboys post right above it says they are waiting on some lab results but don't say what (from her car ?) and have authorized overtime for them to get caught up. I don't see how this helps but the plane search you may be talking about is to locate heat sources I think, so that wouldn't help here. From what I remember her car was found at the track where she went to meet him so she obviously never left the place and his parents sound like they have quite a bit of property and refused to let police search there so in my mind all the more reason they should have been looking there then. All this time later the trail has gone cold.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back