Found Deceased MO - Amara Jones, 18, Raytown, 4 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry to hear this is the outcome! Last we heard he was picked up at his house by someone unknown. I hope LE does a thorough investigation before giving a conclusion.

I wonder whose house he was found behind. If the kids knew where to look for him, it makes me wonder why LE didn't find him or if they were even trying. In the Fox 4 article, one of the kids was quoted as saying: “Posts have been going around, yes, but nobody would actually go out and look for him. We thought, why not come out and do something and try to find him,” said Klowie Krebs.

I am usually much quicker to accept "no foul play" than most but there are things that don't add up here. Family and/or police need to release more information. The only thing I can come up with that satisfies all the known info is accidental overdose and dumping but I hate to jump to a conclusion like that. Did he have any priors? He was 18 though so a lack thereof doesn't necessarily mean anything. Sorry, Bro.

I am usually much quicker to accept "no foul play" than most but there are things that don't add up here. Family and/or police need to release more information. The only thing I can come up with that satisfies all the known info is accidental overdose and dumping but I hate to jump to a conclusion like that. Did he have any priors? He was 18 though so a lack thereof doesn't necessarily mean anything. Sorry, Bro.
Would OD and dumping of body be considered foul play? Honest question.

Also, it wouldn't shock me if LE said, "no foul play," when they knew it was foul play. But I have no reason to think that is what's going on here.

I wonder how far from home he was found. Does his family know for a fact he was picked up? Or was it just a case of, "he's not here, so he must have been picked up?"

"No foul play" cases seem to often involve suicide. It would seem odd for someone to pick him up, and then him commit suicide. I could see suicide being much more likely if he had left on his own.

Curious if we'll get any more info on this case.

JMO

I agree with you that there’s something not quite adding up. MOO. I’m also usually satisfied when authorities say “no foul play.”

Sadly, the fact that kids were the only ones searching for him doesn’t give me a lot of hope that there will be a thorough investigation. MOO

We found him behind his own home.
I wonder whose house he was found behind. If the kids knew where to look for him, it makes me wonder why LE didn't find him or if they were even trying. In the Fox 4 article, one of the kids was quoted as saying: “Posts have been going around, yes, but nobody would actually go out and look for him. We thought, why not come out and do something and try to find him,” said Klowie Krebs.

But, Mr. Jones was missing in Missouri & remains were located in Missouri.

Kansas City, Kansas cold case unit is not likely to join in imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

True! I hadn't even thought about that, but Amara Jones was found deceased just 2 months ago so it should be treated as a new case anyways. I don't know the protocol in the U.S. or anything,and if this death has been termed as accidental or what. Maybe the case is closed, with only family the wiser at to exactly what happened. But from what I've read on social media by friends and acquaintances, there are questions for LE. Perhaps they can go to media and try and get local reporters to get more information for them.

Has there been any kind of update to this case? I stumbled across the Change petition one of his friends posted, which makes some rather loaded statements about the family, the parents in particular; it’s suggested that they didn’t support the search, that Amara was found about 20ft from their back door, and that the body had been dragged there by cords which were still attached to the ankles. I can’t even find a cause of death for certain.

His friends seem desperate for this to not be swept under the rug, but that tragically seems to be just what’s happened. So sad.

The aforementioned petition

I was hoping to find cod or any type of updated info, but from what I can tell nothing was every definitively resolved, and the friends and school mates have included lots of information that, if true, it pretty damning. One says there were bungees wrapped around his ankles and stage marks to where the body was dropped; another says his clothing had been changed from what he was known to be wearing when he left his house. I would just really like to hear that this young man gets some kind of justice soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27
Back