MO - Ashley Woods for attempted murder of newborn, Kansas City, 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe she was freaked out, and maybe she didn't know she was pregnant....but, if I was at work, and I had stomach cramps, and I sat down and a huge (Fill in the blank) came out of me, I would be screaming for someone to come and help me...(no matter what I thought it was). The only reason she got busted was because her co-workers came to check on her for taking so long. I'm sure, given enough time, that baby would have been wrapped in Toilet paper, and sneaked out to the dumpster, (after she realized it wouldn't go down the toilet). She is a freak.

I totally agree!

Have you ever had a baby? A lot of stuff comes out of you besides the baby, including large amounts of blood. If I had a baby, and didn't know I was pregnant, I'd surely think I was hemorrhaging and on the verge of death. The placenta alone looks like a huge tumor. I be screaming for someone to call 911. She knew what she was doing.

I disagree... I personally would not scream for help. Especially NOT in a public place.

I am not buying this "shock" thing as a reason to try to kill her baby. If she was smart enough to hold a job even at McDonald's...she was smart enough to know she was having/had a baby. Trying to flush it was the easiest way out, IMO.

I agree, SS.

She knew she was pregnant. It was an inconvenience to her and she wanted rid of it.

No regards to LIFE at all, and most probably now the baby has horrific traumatic injury for the time he was without oxygen!

So senseless!

I disagree... I personally would not scream for help. Especially NOT in a public place.

Really? With blood and guts falling out of you....(at least 6 pounds of stuff, including a human life) and you didn't have any idea you where pregnant...you'd just sit quietly on a toilet in a McDonald's bathroom? WOW. You are one tough cookie.

I'm with you on this one. Again - these types of reactions depend on the person.

When I get terrified, I get unnaturally silent - I close my eyes and shake a lot. I am not a screamer and never have been - even when I am in terrible pain. I know from experience that my type of reaction freaks out medical staff more than a ranting, raving, shrieking person.

I wouldn't have screamed exactly, but I would have called for help! She didn't do anything besides try to kill her baby!

I do believe she didn't know she was pregnant.
I do not believe she tried to flush it away due to shock. I think it was more self preservation - callous. But then, who trains you to know what to do in that situation? If she thought it were born dead, she might have thought of all the women accused of killing their kids at birth and didn't want to be one of them. More likely, she didn't think at all.

I dont know what to think of this, I did know someone who got to 30 weeks and never knew she was pregnant, she had a period normally the whole time. She only found out because she went into labor. Really strange, but I feel that this girl knew but she freaked out. Either way rather she knew or not what she did is disgusting.

I took the statement of "she said she tried to flush her baby several times" to mean that she repeatedly flushed the toilet, not that she made the statement several times.

I would really like to try to give her the benefit of the doubt...it is really hard. The only thing I can think of is that she really thought of it as having a miscarriage (once she realized it was a baby) and that there was nothing else she could do about it.

Unfortunately, the media does not help. I about come out of my skin every time some TV drama or newscast refers to a pregnancy loss in the 7-9th month as a "miscarriage."

On the flip side, I have known moms who have miscarried as early as 7 weeks who have rescued the baby from the toilet and brought it to the doctor expecting testing to be done. Most doctors act like you brought them an unwanted stool sample. The disregard for these babies is horrific.

What do we expect with the way society treats unborn babies? Eventually it rubs off on the next generation.

Go ahead and flame me now. I'm ready.
-------------------------
No flames from me Angelmom.I have a picture of my beautiful 7 mo. baby girl "miscarriage".She was dressed in a beautiful white dress and is entombed near her Daddy and her brother.The Dr's. most of them I cant even speak~I want to vomit.
I also know of your beautiful bricks in the path.We Moms never forget, even the realization they were ours for awhle.Now our Angels sing.((hugs)).

-------------------------
No flames from me Angelmom.I have a picture of my beautiful 7 mo. baby girl "miscarriage".She was dressed in a beautiful white dress and is entombed near her Daddy and her brother.The Dr's. most of them I cant even speak~I want to vomit.
I also know of your beautiful bricks in the path.We Moms never forget, even the realization they were ours for awhle.Now our Angels sing.((hugs)).

Thank you!:blowkiss: (How do you know about the bricks???)

So sorry about your angel. But you are right...they are always a part of us.

Thank god EMS was able to save the baby. I can only hope and pray that she is adopted somewhere far away from this to a loving home, as these types of parents are the ones whose kids we later read about having committed crimes later in life. Imagine that poor baby growing up knowing she/he was unwanted and that the mother tried to flush her/him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back