GUILTY MO - Benjamin Renick 29, fatally shot, New Florence, Jun'17 *M Humphrey & L Renick (wife) GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO the evidence shows her greed.
According to his brother, Sam Renick ..Lynnlee took the property from the Renick family, kicking them off the property. She kept the 40k donations raised by the reptile community even though she did not need it.

Ben had found about her affairs…she feared losing out on the family fortune & custody of her children. Sam had just put the farm in Bens hands..the majority of the snakes had been sold to a major buyer with several payments coming in at at $200,000…and of course his million dollar life insurance policy.
IMO she convinced the spa employee that Bens death would mean the spa would not tank financially. And of course she could of led the ex to believe he would end up with her.
She needed him ( his gun, his presence) to frame if L.E. came after her.

Visually in court,…yes she is small in stature, attractive,presents flat affect (passive )and strategically flanked by 2 young female attorneys . But IMO the prosecution witnesses & evidence are screaming she killed him…and tried to kill him previously!
Snake King Murder Trial: Wife Accused of Killing Reptile Breeder Husband - Court TV

Cross on LR ....
The prosecutor on cross of LR brought up the fact that LR told police they should look at Sam Renick ( Bens brother) that he may of killed Ben. The camera then shows Sam Renick in the court galley crying.
Wow.

JMO

I did not like the way LR blamed Ben for all HER AFFAIRS. Plus she started back with affair guy a month after she killed Ben!
She did mess up by saying Ben only wanted her for sex…then we find out she sent him nudes of her the day of the murder…followed by her saying she’s always had insecurity about her body. Who cares?! What a bowl of whiny word salad!
IMO She sent him the nudes to support her alibi & prob get him vulnerable that day.
She needs to be put away for life.

MOO

Jurors found Lynlee Renick guilty of second-degree murder, guilty of armed criminal action after over 13 hours of deliberations.

She was found guilty of killing her husband, Ben Renick, at the couple's Montgomery County property on June 8, 2017.

She was found guilty of killing her husband, Ben Renick, at the couple's Montgomery County property on June 8, 2017.

Renick has been placed into custody and her bond has been revoked.

The jury is now going into the sentencing phase.
Special Coverage on Livestream

Jurors recommended sentencing Lynlee Renick to 13 years in prison for second-degree murder and three years in prison on armed criminal action. Judge Kevin Crane will impose the sentence during a Jan. 24 hearing, and said Thursday that he's likely to follow the recommendation. Crane will also decide whether to have the sentences run concurrently or consecutively.

Jury recommends lighter sentence than prosecution sought in Renick murder trial - ABC17NEWS

This story on on NBC Dateline tonight

I just watched this case: another female killer who boo-hoos her way thru her testimony, lying thru her teeth testimony, in a teeny weeny voice, no makeup, looking all innocent, alleging all kinds of abuse by her now deceased husband. She got 2nd degree instead of first degree and got a light sentence of 16 years which means she'll be out in 10- she should have gotten first degree with life in prison and no parole for 40 years. I have watched too many trials were women get off completely or a light sentence with the allegations of abuse-- it is so unfair.

Yes to all posting above! IMO a despicable individual the female convicted for second degree murder. And that sentence. SMH. Seems an injustice just as the victim’s brother testified during the trial at sentencing.

Just caught the CBS 48 Hours ‘The Poisonous Wife’ episode this evening. That included the brother’s testimony. And also that of the now convicted Lynlee Renick. And her prominently wearing the cross around her neck while testifying. 16 years. I shall sit on my hands and finish the remainder of my thoughts on that. MOO

Sure wish that federal authorities could look deep into the financial matters she seems to have conducted at her spa, and also relating to her late husband’s snake / herpetologist business. Maybe some additional years could be added to a sentence. The other sad thing, it seems the couple had young children too. Seems that the name of the convicted defendant to be Lynlee Gallatin Renick. MOO

Last edited:
An update on this case. The convicted Lynlee Renick is suing another individual she had been involved with around the time of her involvement in the murder of her husband.

Maybe some unflattering and additional incriminating evidence against Ms. Renick might arise from the case. See this February 16, 2022 article by Anna Watson from the Columbia Missourian entitled ‘After conviction, snake breeder's wife sues former boyfriend citing defamation’:

Last edited:
I believe I have seen this case. She is despicable: If I recall she took the stand and told a tale of woe and lies while boo-hooing. She only got 16 years- not enough IMO---

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back