MO MO - Betty Alexander, 69, Sullivan, 11 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's been a history of missing persons in Missouri that lack of immediacy in missing adults seems to motivate individuals with heinous motives. Add to that the enormous wooded secluded areas and bodies of water.... Large areas that are sparsely populated .... MOO very dangerous

My first thought upon reading about Betty's case was that she wandered away. It's the missing fentanyl patches and extra cash that made me wonder.

What rules out abduction for me is the two hundred dollars left behind and the second box of fentanyl left behind. I don't see a scenario where an abductor would take Betty and not take the cash and the second box of fentanyl.

I haven't seen anything about her phone records. Who did she speak to near the time her prescription was delivered? That might provide a clue as to who was buying fentanyl from her, or who was acting as a go between. But even that still might be completely unrelated to her disappearance.

What rules out abduction for me is the two hundred dollars left behind and the second box of fentanyl left behind. I don't see a scenario where an abductor would take Betty and not take the cash and the second box of fentanyl.

I haven't seen anything about her phone records. Who did she speak to near the time her prescription was delivered? That might provide a clue as to who was buying fentanyl from her, or who was acting as a go between. But even that still might be completely unrelated to her disappearance.

Wasn't there a call from her to the pharmacy in the afternoon after medicine delivery. We never knew why she called and what was the content of the conversation. Could it be because they only delivered one box of fentanyl? Sorry, can't remember where I heard it, I think the podcast.

Posted 4 days ago. Lots of comments.

Bring Betty Home
Today marks 16 months since mom was last seen at her senior apartment complex in the middle of small town Sullivan, MO. She left behind all of her belongings including her purse, debit card, cash, medications, and keys to her apartment. Her glasses she used daily to see were left sitting open on the arm of her recliner. She didn't drive and couldn't operate a cell phone or computer.

Every day I wonder how someone can just vanish without a trace. Every day I wonder what I can do or who I can contact to help solve her case and bring mom home to her family that misses her so much. I have contacted every organization, TV show and person I can think of or that anyone has suggested to try to get help and no one will respond. Why isn't her case getting the attention it deserves???

If you know anyone that may be able to help, please comment below and let me know how to get in touch with them. I will continue trying everything I can until the day comes when we finally get answers. I will not stop until we bring her home.

Please continue sharing her flyer and sending prayers that we will get the answers we need to Bring Betty Home. Thank you so much!

I just spent the last couple hours "walking around" Sullivan, MO with instant street map. There is only one logical area where I think this dear lady likely ended up: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Yes, if she wandered away, that was my first guess. Behind the site of the old high school. I think it's an elementary school now. It's a rather steep decline down through very heavy woods. Local LE and family claim they've searched all around.

If LE thinks she wandered off, its time for them to organize another search. The apathy among local LE and officials is disturbing.

Yes, if she wandered away, that was my first guess. Behind the site of the old high school. I think it's an elementary school now. It's a rather steep decline down through very heavy woods. Local LE and family claim they've searched all around.

If LE thinks she wandered off, its time for them to organize another search. The apathy among local LE and officials is disturbing.
Outdoor searches are very difficult. You can literally step over something and not see it, later to be found in exactly the place you searched two or three times. They need a grid search in that area. I have a very strong speculation that is exactly where she will be found.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Outdoor searches are very difficult. You can literally step over something and not see it, later to be found in exactly the place you searched two or three times. They need a grid search in that area. I have a very strong speculation that is exactly where she will be found.

True, so it would help to search again. The area is full of people who hunt. Lots of hunters in that region, known for good hunting, fishing and other outdoor sports. I'm surprised that Betty's sons, who are possibly avid outdoorsmen, haven't conducted any searches recently.

As they say and as I’ve seen, if she’s out there, she will be found by a hiker, biker, fisherman, hunter or fireman. It would be a matter of time.

But on a walk, why wouldn’t she take her glasses? I can see her leaving behind her purse, credit cards and money for just a walk, but not her glasses. And the $200 is still not explained, nor the box of fentanyl being missing. In order to simplify the explanation, we have to completely ignore many of the facts. IMO

As they say and as I’ve seen, if she’s out there, she will be found by a hiker, biker, fisherman, hunter or fireman. It would be a matter of time.

But on a walk, why wouldn’t she take her glasses? I can see her leaving behind her purse, credit cards and money for just a walk, but not her glasses. And the $200 is still not explained, nor the box of fentanyl being missing. In order to simplify the explanation, we have to completely ignore many of the facts. IMO
Your points are good ones. I largely based my conclusion on the sighting in front of the fire station. With dementia patients, they are seemingly ok until they just up and walk off. This would not be uncommon. I really do think she will be found in the woods there.

Your points are good ones. I largely based my conclusion on the sighting in front of the fire station. With dementia patients, they are seemingly ok until they just up and walk off. This would not be uncommon. I really do think she will be found in the woods there.

I really wish the fire station sighting was confirmed, it would really sway my opinion towards wandering/getting lost. I wonder what it takes for a sighting like that to be confirmed? If this sighting was truly Betty, I guess the question is where was she between that morning and the 5pm sighting... had she been out wandering since that morning? If so why did no one else see her? Or could she have been in the house still and just avoiding people that Thursday morning?

With respect to the big debate over her level of cognition, it does really seem that Betty was a little more confused than her family believed. Also (and I've seen this happen in my line of work at a LTC home), there are things that can quickly effect the cognitive level of an elderly person; I'm thinking of dehydration, a TIA (otherwise known as a mini stroke), and UTIs (a well-known mimicker of cognitive decline in those w/ dementia). UTIs are much more common in older women than you may think! To be honest, I don't know how confused you'd have to be to totally forget your glasses, which are a part of your everyday routine. Was the woman spotted outside the fire station wearing glasses (i.e. could she have had back-up reading glasses or something that she had mistaken for her everyday glasses?)? Was she carrying a bag or a purse (if she had brought that pack of fentanyl patches)? Were the strangers too far away to pick out details like that? Man, a lot of my questions would be cleared up (or at least slightly cleared up) if we had more details about what those Fidelity employees saw!

Here's my thinking. If the subject had means, or there was a substantial life policy, then I would consider foul play with more interest. In this case, from what I can determine, this was not the case. There was known cognitive challenges, and an alleged sighting in front of the fire house. The daughter would know if the clothing description aligned with her mothers wardrobe.
I don't see this one as a big mystery, but certainly no less tragic.
Let us hope this dear lady is brought home for a proper send off.

Information about the case of a woman in a nearby town who left home and went missing 10 years ago. Her remains were found in March of this year and identified a week ago.

Margaret Unger, who was suffering from mental illness, walked away from her home in St. Clair, MO. Her husband tried to follow her in his car, but she was moving pretty fast. LE and volunteers searched the woods for days and at one point heard her calling for her husband, but they couldn't locate her.
MARGARET ANN UNGER - ST. CLAIR, MISSOURI | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Margaret Ann Unger – The Charley Project

Remains found identified as Franklin County woman missing since 2010

I totally agree if she wandered off she eventually will be found but of course you have to search, search and search. Did they already searched with K-9's? A "perfect" (but sad) example of searching, not finding and finding on the primary search spot is the case of Selena Not Afraid.

Information about the case of a woman in a nearby town who left home and went missing 10 years ago. Her remains were found in March of this year and identified a week ago.

Margaret Unger, who was suffering from mental illness, walked away from her home in St. Clair, MO. Her husband tried to follow her in his car, but she was moving pretty fast. LE and volunteers searched the woods for days and at one point heard her calling for her husband, but they couldn't locate her.
MARGARET ANN UNGER - ST. CLAIR, MISSOURI | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Margaret Ann Unger – The Charley Project

Remains found identified as Franklin County woman missing since 2010

That's heartbreaking. This one is dodgy as to me.

I came across an interesting article from National Geographic that talks about people who are lost walk in circles. A good read. The article is too large to upload. Here's the link but to view the article you have to provide your email. I did because I find their articles super interesting. Regardless, the bottom line is that lost people walk in circles!

Do lost people really go round in circles?

According to the Charley P. file Ms. Unger's death is under investigation. I'm very curious whether this was a crime. This case is a sad example how people or their bodies can be not found for years. Hopes up for Betty.

That seems appropriate. IIRC, her husband didn't follow her into the woods when she took off. He claimed he was afraid of snakes there and chose to search for her by driving around, in hopes she would come out of the woods.

Maybe now that the leaves are falling and the brush or grasses die back, they can do another focused search.

It’s her eye glasses that bother me the most. I can’t imagine her forgetting to put them on unless she was coerced out the door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back