MO MO - Bianca Piper, 13, Foley, 10 March 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Timex - it looks like this was an honest misunderstanding. I haven't seen her mother, but it looks to me like Bianca probably significantly outweighs the adults who are trying to take care of her.

The therapist said have her walk when she's frustrated and angry. How would you make someone who outweighs you walk a great distance, if not dropping them off and driving away?

I'm not excusing this. I'm just trying to think it out. This isn't like a case of a person who really wanted to work out, in which case you'd just offer her a trampoline or a bicycle or a jumprope or a treadmill.

This is a girl who has mental dificiencies, who is given to rage, who the therapist thought it would be good if she walked her anger off.

How do you see that happens, if you are smaller than the person you're trying to make walk? I don't know.

Sad all around.

Please move the discussion over to the "discussion forum" and keep this forum for news and support only...thank you

Jack
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah,me
Update:

Well, this is a bit of a relief. I worried that people would blame the mother. It also states that it was part of a dr. recommended treatment program to let her walk her anger off. They still haven't found this precious child, the search will continue in the morning. Read the article if you're interested in volunteering.

I pray they find her well.
[/size][/font]

Last I had heard they weren't allowing volunteers, but now I see hundreds of people turned out at the town's high school this morning to organize and search. They're expanding the search area.

About blaming the mother, she will be blamed to a certain extent and probably blames herself a little. Even if a doctor recommended letting her walk I don't think it was meant to take a child with the mentality of a two year old a mile away from home and leaving her alone as it was getting dark to fend for herself. A very poor choice IMO. However, I'm sure she did not think her daughter would go missing and I do have sympathy for her.

The area she is missing from is in the same area where Arlin Henderson disappeared from so many years ago.
Disclaimer: Any contents of this message are the opinion of the poster, based upon his/her Constitutional Right to freedom of speech. The contents of this message are not intended to defame any person, but only to express this poster's personal opinion.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

Winston Churchill

alpharee
"A torn jacket is soon mended; but hard words bruise the heart of a child." Join Date: Aug 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah,me
Update:

Well, this is a bit of a relief. I worried that people would blame the mother. It also states that it was part of a dr. recommended treatment program to let her walk her anger off. They still haven't found this precious child, the search will continue in the morning. Read the article if you're interested in volunteering.

I pray they find her well.
[/size][/font]

I doubt the dr recommended her walking her anger off at night. (I suppose it was getting dark since she had a flashlight with her)
I do blame the mother to an extent. This "therapy" may have been recommended by the dr. but common sense should tell you a child should not be walking when it's that cold out and getting dark.

At no time is freedom of speech more precious than when a man hits his thumb with a hammer.
The above post is an opinion that I have formed on the issues stated.

SUSANSTARR
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2004

Missing Bianca Noel Piper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was what I wondered about. The child is mentality eight years old. Anyone with a brain would not take a child that far away (at nightfall) and tell them to walk home!!!! I am not saying the mother is a fault but I am saying maybe the mother has mental issues herself. I don't mean that in an abusive way. If the mother was a rocket scientist I would wonder if she was hoping to get rid of the child! I have serious issues with the doctor. I can see a mother having doubts about the advice but doing it any way. He is the DOCTOR after all.

http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/...rticle&sid=7521

I can't find her on Court TV Message Boards!!! I just may have over looked it.
Susie from Texas
Serious issues and unanswered questions remain why any parent would endanger their child in this manner. This so called therapy walk if factual needs to be exposed as a faux treatment. No one in this country turns a six year-old child out in the dark without adult supervision. Protective services need to get involved as well. Any professional that would prescribe this for this child should be under review for misconduct in their practice.

If this in fact is advice that some professionals are giving out this practice needs to have an immediate end in this country and around the globe. No more children should be exposed to this form or abuse/neglect ever again.

Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack

Even if a doctor recommended letting her walk I don't think it was meant to take a child with the mentality of a two year old a mile away from home and leaving her alone as it was getting dark to fend for herself.

I must have misread the articles previously, I now understand this child has the menality of a second grader. Still not old enough to handle any situation that might come up far away from home alone and in the dark.
Disclaimer: Any contents of this message are the opinion of the poster, based upon his/her Constitutional Right to freedom of speech. The contents of this message are not intended to defame any person, but only to express this poster's personal opinion.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

Winston Churchill

Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasBlind
That doesn't surprise me.

As advocates, our job is supposed to be speaking for those missing, not dissecting their families characters or choices.

The only thing that matters is that the child is missing.

I would ask that no one point fingers. Someone wise once told me every time you point a finger, there are three pointing back at you.

The only focus should be finding this child.

For anyone who reads this, please stop any say a prayer for Bianca and those who search for her.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. This child is missing because those in charge of her made some poor choices. As heartbreaking as it is, because surely nobody intended for this to happen, it is neccesary to point out so that others can learn from it.

Winston Churchill

Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby
We all make poor choices, Jack.. I agree with Lanie, we need to concentrate on the fact that this child is missing. That is the main focus here, get her home, and don't worry about casting stones towards the mother. The most important thing is find this child and get her home.

Nobody is casting stones that I can see, I hope you are not insinuating that I am. I have great sympathy for this family and if I could be I'd be out helping search for Noel. But, not discussing it isn't going to bring this child home but discussing it might keep another from going missing. Quite frankly, if one mother thought it was okay to let her child walk a mile in the dark then there are probably more who would do the same thing and it needs to be discussed so that people are made aware that it is not safe, period.

Winston Churchill

Jack

Quote:
I think that kicking a person when they are down is a bad thing to do, and yes, it appears that is just what you are doing. I am not going to get into a mud slinging contest with you ... In fact I am now out of this conversation.

Oh well that's just great, accuse me of something and then refuse to talk about it. Whatever, you're free to have your opinion of me even if it's wrong.

I'm going to continue to point out that you don't let a child walk a mile in the dark at any age, and if by chance someone hears it and it keeps them from putting their child at risk then something has been accomplished. Pretending that everything is okay so long as we just think good thoughts is what's not going to help these situations. Perhaps if someone had spoken about the risks before this child went missing we wouldn't be needing to talk about it now.

Winston Churchill

Jack

Quote:
If you will kindly notice I deleted the post. I would appreciate you doing likewise

No thank you. I feel very strongly that these situations need to be talked about.

Winston Churchill

Thanks Timex for moving me to the right forum, I was unaware that there were two.

I'm wondering if anyone would know why the FBI would have been involved in this search today. Don't they normally only get involved if there is some reason to believe a person was abducted and taken over state lines?

Lanie,

Thank you for posting so eloquently what was, I'm sure, on
the heart of many of us. These threads become painful for
me to read many times...and I'm not the one missing a precious
loved one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there any updates on young Bianca?

:( Much love and prayers,

Ariel

My husband and I live in Winfield, MO, which is where the volunteers for the search are gathering and the searches are being coordinated. Bianca disappeared from McIntosh Hill Road which is about 4 miles from our home. My son goes to school with her. My husband grew up in this area and this is a very closeknit community. It's very disturbing to think there could be a monster lurking. Bianca's mother, Shannon, and her boyfriend have been cleared of any wrongdoing.

The search area was expanded to 95 miles out yesterday. We had volunteers and LE crawling over farm fields, down by the river, the railroad tracks, everywhere, and NOTHING. The Shawn Hornbeck Foundation provided dogs, which picked up no trace of her. The Eureka Equine Search and Rescue Org. provided searchers on horseback. St. Charles County has provided a mobile command unit and civil air patrol is searching by air. Everyone is doing everything they can to find her. All registered sex offenders have been questioned and their property searched and NOTHING.

Lincoln County Sheriff, Dan Torres, has done an exceptional job thus far IMO, as well as all the other LE agencies and God bless the volunteers.

We continue to pray for Bianca and her family.

I saw the oddest thing saturday and it was probably nothing but now i am not so sure. I was traveling on highway 40 towards west st. louis and saw a young girl standing alone on the side of the road..... it appeared to be a bust stop, but it was off of the highway... i was driving 55 mph, so i only had a quick glance, and i can barely remember what she looked like but she looked more like Jessia than the pictures of Bianca. I was afraid to call the police for fear that maybe she was just a little girl hanging out and it was nothing. Now I regret that.

I hope that little girl was ok. IT was a busy highway so i am sure i am not hte ny person who would've seen her.

PrayersForMaura said:
I saw the oddest thing saturday and it was probably nothing but now i am not so sure. I was traveling on highway 40 towards west st. louis and saw a young girl standing alone on the side of the road..... it appeared to be a bust stop, but it was off of the highway... i was driving 55 mph, so i only had a quick glance, and i can barely remember what she looked like but she looked more like Jessia than the pictures of Bianca. I was afraid to call the police for fear that maybe she was just a little girl hanging out and it was nothing. Now I regret that.

I hope that little girl was ok. IT was a busy highway so i am sure i am not hte ny person who would've seen her.

From Bianca's description she would appear to be more of an adult than a young girl, in fact if she fits her description she is bigger than I am and I'm 37 yrs old.

Where at along 40? There is no public transportation out in St. Charles/Lincoln Co. so it is doubtful any child would have been waiting for a bus outside of a school day. And I think over the river 40 is actually I64 so no bus stops on an interstate. Most likely she was waiting to cross the road.

I know that nagging feeling you're having about regret. I get the same thing everytime I see young kids riding their bikes on the side of hiway K or 94. It's just too dangerous yet their parents either don't know or don't care.

This is infuriating and the mother will forever and ever regret this. this is not UNLIKE LESLIE'S MOM (Paul Bernardo's victim) locking her own daughter out of the house for the night because she broke curfew AGAIN. GOD..... this is maddening. How do parents not THINK.

Not to mention Michael Dunnahey in Vancouver.... WHAT parent leaves his 6 yr old brother in charge of the 4 year old, in order to go play baseball with A ROW OF TREES in between.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I know a lot of you think I'm slamming the families, I'M NOT. We just need to learn that MANY MANY child abductions ARE PREVENTABLE. You cannot leave your children unattended period. This is the environment we live in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back