MO MO - Branson Perry, 20, Skidmore, 11 April 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is quite a strange disappearance. As someone else pointed out, I didn't see a mention of names or the backgrounds of the people who were around the house at the time. The friend seems kind of odd, too. Did she change her story (I believe first it was Branson then it was one of the people fixing the car going through the cabinets?)

Also what kind of relationship did they have that she didn't bother to contact him for days or think it odd he didn't contact her. It strikes me as a curiosity that she just up and left right around the time he went missing? Not saying she did something but seems like she should know a little more than what was told. Branson's mother stated in her plea that the friend said she was showering at his house. To me, that indicates a pretty good relationship. Not that there is anything wrong with showering at a friend's house, but if you're not close you probably would just shower at home. Maybe that's just me I don't know.

I have to agree, something seems missing from this one or maybe I'm just paranoid.:waitasec:

I came across this case when I was watching an episode of City Confidential about Skidmore, MO. The notorious vigilante-style murder of Ken McElroy occurred there in 1981, so when I was watching the show I looked up Skidmore on Wikipedia. I didn't realize several other bizarre crimes had taken place in the small town, including Branson's baffling disappearance.

I can't believe it's been over ten years already...and so sad to see that Branson's mother has passed away.

Like the posters above, I am wondering WHO was the female friend with Branson that day, WHO were the guys working on the car, and how thoroughly were all of these parties investigated? In every piece of media I see about this case, it doesn't look like these individuals were paid much attention to:waitasec:

Bumping for Branson...

Here's an article I dug up from April 2011 about the 10 year anniversary:
News Tribune - Search continues for Missouri man missing 10 years

I'd like to know more about the two men working on the truck in his yard... Who they are, their backgrounds, etc.

<snip from the article>
One suspect in the case was identified in 2003. Authorities believe Jack Wayne Rogers of Fulton bragged in an online chat room that he abducted, raped and murdered a blond-haired man from Skidmore. In the same chat, authorities believe Rogers said police would never find the body because of how he disposed of it in a remote area of the Ozarks. Authorities searched the yard of Rogers' home in Fulton in November of 2003 for possible buried evidence.

Rogers was charged separately with child *advertiser censored* and sentenced to 30 years in federal prison. However, he has never been charged in connection with Perry’s disappearance.

Bumping for Branson...

Here's an article I dug up from April 2011 about the 10 year anniversary:
News Tribune - Search continues for Missouri man missing 10 years

I'd like to know more about the two men working on the truck in his yard... Who they are, their backgrounds, etc.

<snip from the article>
One suspect in the case was identified in 2003. Authorities believe Jack Wayne Rogers of Fulton bragged in an online chat room that he abducted, raped and murdered a blond-haired man from Skidmore. In the same chat, authorities believe Rogers said police would never find the body because of how he disposed of it in a remote area of the Ozarks. Authorities searched the yard of Rogers' home in Fulton in November of 2003 for possible buried evidence.

Rogers was charged separately with child *advertiser censored* and sentenced to 30 years in federal prison. However, he has never been charged in connection with Perry’s disappearance.

It's also been reported that authorities found Branson's necklace in Rogers’ possession which makes my skin crawl.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2004/12/19/mother-of-2-arrested-in-fetus-abduction/

Wow... I wasn't aware that they found anything from Branson in Rogers's possession. I wonder if Rogers had any association with the two people working on the car? Was he working on the car?

VERY good question....that's something I hadn't considered.

It seems like it wasn't reported about a lot that he even had the necklace, which is something you would think would be talked about a lot.

Surviving family member vows to never let case of missing boy grow cold

SKIDMORE, MO (KCTV) -
A mother who fought to find her missing son lost her battle with cancer, but her fight for justice did not die. A surviving family member said the more than 11-year-old case is not cold.

Becky Perry's son, Branson Perry, disappeared from his father's Skidmore, MO, home on April 11, 2001 about 3 p.m. On that day Branson told his friend he was putting jumper cables in the shed and would be right back. He has not been seen since.

Becky Perry spent the years tirelessly working to find Branson. More than a decade later, his case is unsolved.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19919775...ws-to-never-let-case-of-missing-boy-grow-cold

Where is Branson Perry? Missing 12 years next week. :(

Justice for Branson Perry
UjReIBg.jpg

I kins of doubt they will ever find his remains. I just hope Brandon is reunited with his Mom and at peace.

Another super baffling case of a young man disappearing seemingly into thin air.

What happened to Branson on his way to the shed??

Thinking of Branson today. Thinking of his brother, Philip. Thinking it would be super awesome to get an answer to what happened.

When I was last in NW Missouri, I went into Skidmore. Every visit there I try to go by the location of his old home. I just feel like he has to be close. There are so many fields in that area. Old wells. The Nodaway River. I just wish there was something that could be done to find him. To give an answer to those who are still here wondering where he is. Rest easy Branson.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back