GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand your statistical point and letting kids live a good life. My husband and I were just discussing this earlier. He grew up in Iowa where a newspaper boy went missing in the 70's and horrified everyone. It did not limit their lifestyle though. I grew up in the Bay Area of CA and remember vividly Polly Klaas. I just realized today that it never ends. All kinds of vigilant parents end up with missing kids.

However, the statistics don't matter when we are talking about an actual, countable, memorable, innocent child, like BreeAnn. More vigilance cannot hurt, but will it help? Who knows. It would help if creepy people who don't care about kids would disappear.

eta, not more vigilance on Breeann's parents part, I mean on my part. We have let my 3 y/o ride bikes with our 5 and 8 year old neighbors, but today I realize that is not good enough :(

I don't know what the answer is....times have certainly changed since I was kid when everyone looked out for everyone else. Seems this neighborhood was like that and the perfect place to raise kids, and neighbors did keep an eye on the them. Best thing would be for the kids to always be in group or have a buddy. Not the distraction of a cell phone buddy either. If one loses their sense of stranger danger the others are there. Another reason is because it doesn't get reported...whether relative, teacher, coach, etc. That needs to stop. There is respect for authority, but that respect should be mutual for the child also. The child should be taught that!! I was approached at 16 by some 40 yr old boss ...... I went home and told. Back then, they didn't report such things to the police unless an assault took place, but I knew my parents would go pay him a visit...because what he said made me feel creepy, disrespected and was wrong. JMO

So this is what I suggested all along, from the first thread an now it seems a real possibility. IF this is what happened I hope she was unconscious and not in pain!

If Breeann died by being hit by a vehicle, then I would think the charge would be vehicular homicide. However, IF she was hit by the car, and still alive, and later suffocated, then the charges against him make sense.

BBM

..if she was "simply" hit by his car-----wouldn't that be an accident?

..i thought that vehicular homicide involved speeding, driving under the influence, reckless driving and that type of thing?

..i do realize that premeditated murder can occur in an instant, but i just don't see why he didn't call 911 if he accidentally ran her over?

..i can't see why, if still alive-----that he would suffocate her?

( maybe i'm just being too naive.it just doesn't make any sense.)

..i pray that they find her little body----then we'll know if he did/didn't do more than 'just' suffocate her.

BBM

..i thought that vehicular homicide involved speeding, driving under the influence, reckless driving and that type of thing?

..i do realize that premeditated murder can occur in an instant, but i just don't see why he didn't call 911 if he accidentally ran her over?

..i pray that they find her little body----then we'll know if he did/didn't do more than 'just' suffocate her.

I am having a hard time accepting this scenario too.

If she was riding in the street then I cannot imagine him being able to get away with picking her up, getting the bike, and putting them both in his car, before being seen. He would also have no idea if anyone else was watching.

So if this happened it would have to be in his driveway, imo. And if he backed into a little kid on a small bike while in his driveway, IT WOULD BE AN ACCIDENT. Unless he was drunk, which I doubt at 11 am, there would be no reason that he would be arrested for that. Especially since SHE WAS NOT DEAD. So killing her and throwing her and her bike in the canal makes zero sense, imo.

It is possible that it is the story he told them. But I doubt it happened that way for real. imoo

Reading the definition that was posted for kidnapping, I wonder if there wasn't the 'substantial period' required? If he killed her right away?

Destiny Norton was killed (suffocated) within "minutes" of being taken into the neighbors house, which was less than 100 feet from her own house.

Her killer was charged with kidnapping AND murder. He had also thought about abducting her previously.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=380101

IIRC I remember reading that LE went door to door in the neighbourhood.

They also went door to door in Destiny Norton's neighborhood. They searched several houses.
They searched the suspect's multiple times... but she was concealed in a bin so they didn't find her.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ads-guilty-gets-life-for-killing-Destiny.html

BBM. Agreed. And just because there is no evidence of a fatal gunshot wound, doesn't mean it didn't happen, but this prosecutor is extremely confident of the way this baby died - without her body or a ME exam.

The charges already laid, and the prosecutor's statement about suffocation, have everything to do with what is yet to be found. He's confident. Without a body.

Just occurred to me...why even mention "suffocation" (if in a confession)...?

Why not just admit to a hit & run ("if" that is what preceded) to the suffocation and disposing of her body...why?

It doesn't make sense to me...why?

There has to be more to this story and I'm having de ja vu feelings of the Danielle Van Dam case and her Perp, David Westerfield. :(

I read the comment.......I am speechless

That is cold. so cold. I can understand a pedophile more than someone who did that. At least they have a definite sickness as evil as it makes them and there is some reason for their behavior. This creep is just evil. Nothing but nothing would make it explainable

Good thoughts, but...from I understand, he is charged with 1st degree murder. Does that not involve some sort of planning? Stuff like this happens, but is very rare. Been a few hrs since I have read here but from what I have read, my thoughts...he doesn't have a violent criminal record ...he's a creep who just hasn't been caught yet, or just hasn't acted on sick fantasies yet. I don't believe for one second that there is a even somewhat innocent explanation for what happened to Breeann.

What even remotely sane minded person would act this way?

Runs over and and panics doesn't = 1st degree murder.

Ugh, I gotta go back and read. I think the lck of charges equal the laack of evidencce at this point. I believe he's a typical who preys on children. There are too many out there, and plenty out there that we don't know about yet.

ooodles of planning time..the whole time she was alive in the car before he suffocated her. Remember the murder is the active killing (suffocation) not what happened before be it kidnapping, a car accident or something else.

Maybe things happened like the man in NY city who took the 9 yr old boy...and he said he panicked and suffocated him....then dismembered him. I think the mental illness part of this is huge. Who knows what the man's state of mind is...is he evil....has a mental illness? It seems like a lot of people are walking around with problems that their love one's don't address or help them get help with. Pure evil...well what do you do with that...based in anger....and outlet of anger. Has he been picked on most of his life then he turns around to take it out on some other more vulnerable being. I mean...a three yr old girl...riding her bike.....three....years.....old. What has come of us as a society?

Does anyone know what time the search starts today?

I sure hope they find her. :(

Dunklin County Sheriff Bob Holder said that members of his agency and the Dunklin County Major Case Squad, in addition to the state's Department of Conservation, are presently dragging waters in areas of interest that exist in Dunklin County and searching other territories where Rodriguez's body might be found. He did not elaborate on where the searches are specifically taking place and asked for the community's cooperation so as to not compromise the integrity of the investigation.

from http://www.dddnews.com/story/1753054.html

NO! NO! NO! WHY! WHY!

Been following case from day one but went out of town yesterday,
And now come back to this!

So I am catching up,

Do we know how LE were lead to him?

anyone have time of arrest?

How many Children does this Prep have?

TYA

NO! NO! NO! WHY! WHY!

Been following case from day one but went out of town yesterday,
And now come back to this!

So I am catching up,

Do we know how LE were lead to him?

anyone have time of arrest?

How many Children does this Prep have?

TYA
I was wondering how did I miss this news yesterday. I see I was not alone.
I so wanted this little girl to be found alive. The suspect has three children.

I was wondering how did I miss this news yesterday. I see I was not alone.
I so wanted this little girl to be found alive. The suspect has three children.

Thank you,

This is so sad... I wonder how LE were on to him.

His confession seems odd, but then again we don't really know what he said exactly.

Just what LE have reported.

Not tell what he did with the body makes me think there is more to the suffocation than he is telling.

I understand what you're saying but would that fly in court? All of those things you say that someone could think (possibly in seconds) could be someone panicking, and not in a normal state of mind. Could just be a reaction.

People who panic are usually undecided what to do, and can't think straight. However, premeditation requires some thought.. if only for 2 seconds. And what you do in those 2 seconds can make a world of difference.
My opinion is that he was not really that much in a panic if he reacted this way. I've been extremely panicked before... I was not able to make a decision at all until I calmed down... which took a few minutes. OTOH, being in a panic can cause some people to make the wrong choice and do something that they would never do otherwise.

It seems like to me if he had hit her with his car, there would have been evidence at the spot that happened at. Her parents were out so quick looking for her, and then LE arrived in a short amount of time, I'm not sure he would have had time to clean that up KWIM? And if it happened out in the road or something, I can't help but believe someone would have noticed blood or something. He would have almost had to have hit her in his garage, and even then...I just don't know that that fits. I guess stranger things have happened. If this post makes no sense, excuse me, I'm on 1/2 a cup...I need like 12 more to be fully awake!

If he was driving down the street and was going to turn into his driveway and she was in-front of it he would have hit her and gone up into his garage .... Maybe...

Like the people down here who think their in reverse and are really in drive they seem to panic and hit the gas instead of the brake.

BBM

I agree with you, vehicular homicide is NOT the same as an accident. Unless this man was under the influence of drugs/alcohol or was driving reckless, I don't think the charges would be for vehicular homicide. JMO. If she died from being hit then it would be accidental. But if he panicked and smothered her and disposed of the body, that is murder. Unless he was a doctor, he was not qualified to make a decision as to whether she would have survived with immediate medical attention. Smothering her after she was injured from the accident doesn't make it vehicular homicide, even IF they determined that she would have died anyway.

If this post makes no sense, excuse me, I'm on 1/2 a cup...I need like 12 more to be fully awake!

6305.coffee-iv.jpg

Thank you,

This is so sad... I wonder how LE were on to him.

His confession seems odd, but then again we don't really know what he said exactly.

Just what LE have reported.

Not tell what he did with the body makes me think there is more to the suffocation than he is telling.

I don't think it's confirmed that he made a confession. Seems likely since the charges filed include the manner of death and the date of death. But, it could be he told someone else and they tipped off LE, or that some piece of evidence led them to Morgan.

Imo, specifically stating the manner and date of death before locating and autopsy of the body is puzzling. Murderers lie. Breeann has only been missing for 8 days, not two years. I'm wondering why the DA filed such specific charges before finding Breeann or at least making every attempt to find her. While I'm scratching my head, I'm sure LE has a strategy and trust it's a good one.

Praying Breeann is recovered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members