GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was thinking of Breeann again today. Just bumping her up, wishing her family love and strength. :candle:

Not much but at least a date to go over motions filed. From MOVANS.

12/26/2013

This email is to inform you of an upcoming court event involving the defendant SHAWN MORGAN and court case number 11DUCR01024. A(n) Motions has been scheduled for 1/9/2014 at 9:30 AM. This will take place in Dunklin Cty Circuit Court, located at: Courthouse Square in Kennett, MO 63857.

Update from the docket.

Motion Hearing Jan 9, 2014

12/23/2013 Correspondence Filed
DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH

Not sure which side Pros/Def is having the motion hearing, it could be both.

Today's update on his motion.

01/09/2014 Order
THE COURT HAS FULLY CONSIDERED THE FOLLOWING: 1. LETTER TO COURT FROM DR. BRYON C. ENGLISH DATED DECEMBER 17, 2013. 2.DEFENDANT'S OBJECTIONS TO DR. ENGLISH'S REQUEST FOR A SECOND EVALUATION AND REQUEST FOR HEARING. 3.DEFENDANT'S SUBPOENA TO DR, ENGLISH. 4.STATE'S MOTION TO QUASH SUBPOENA TO DR. ENGLISH. 5.DEFENDANT'S REPLY TO STATE'S MOTION TO QUASH SUBPOENA. HAVING CONSIDERED ALL OF THE ABOVE THE COURT FINDS THAT DR. ENGLISH'S REQUEST FOR A SECOND INTERVIEW IS REASONABLE AND PROPER. THE COURT FINDS THAT DEFENDANT'S REQUEST TO DEPOSE DR. ENGLISH IN CONNECTION WITH THE SECOND EXAMINATION IS UNNECESSARY AND INAPPROPRIATE. THE COURT FINDS THAT DEFENDANT'S OBJECTION TO SAID EXAMINATION IS NOT WELL FOUNDED AND THAT NO HEARING UPON THIS IS NECESSARY. THEREFORE, DEFENDANT'S OBJECTION TO SECOND EVALUATION OF DEFENDANT BY DR, ENGLISH IS OVERRULED, AND THE SUBPOENA ISSUED TO DR ENGLISH IS QUASHED. S/STEPHEN R SHARP
Filed By: STEPHEN R SHARP

01/08/2014 Filing:
REPLY TO STATE'S MOTION TO QUASH SUBPOENA
Filed By: CHARLES DOUGLAS MORELAND

Motion to Quash
STATE'S MOTION TO QUASH SUBPOENA WITH NOTICE OF HEARING. NOTICE OF HEARING SET FOR 1/9/14 @ 1:30 PM
Filed By: STEPHEN P SOKOLOFF

Correspondence Filed
Filed By: STEPHEN P SOKOLOFF

01/03/2014 Notice
Filed By: THOMAS EARL MARSHALL

Filing:
OBJECTIONS TO DR. ENGLISH'S REQUEST FOR A SECOND EVALUATION AND REQUEST FOR HEARING
Filed By: THOMAS EARL MARSHALL

There won't be a trial.
Shawn Morgan has pleaded guilty.

http://www.dddnews.com/story/2059160.html

There will be no trial for Shawn Morgan. The Senath man, accused of murdering three year old BreeAnn Rodriguez, pled guilty to three counts. Morgan pled guilty Monday to first degree murder, armed criminal action, and child kidnapping. He will receive two life sentences with no parole, plus ten years on the armed criminal action count. The sentences will run concurrently.

"I'm pleased to have this resolved. I know the Rodriguez family is. That was a big factor in this," said Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Sokoloff.
Sokoloff added that a news conference with the Rodriguez family in attendance will be held Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. at the Dunklin County Courthouse.

I had so many emails from MOVANS this morning and saw he pleaded guilty and gets life. It's over. Thanks for the updates! Wasted 3 years of the family's life and tons of money. RIP little Breeann.

Docket update.

03/10/2014 Judgment Pub Defender Entered

Judgment CVC $68 - Other
Filed By: SHAWN D MORGAN

Defendant Sentenced
AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL OFFICER - Yes; DELIVER CERTIF COPY OF JUDMT - Yes; 24.035/29.15 INEFFECT COUNSEL - No; ALLOCUTION - Yes; LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE - Yes; LIFE IN PRISON - Yes COUNT I LIFE IN MDAI WITHOUT POSSIBILITY OF PROBATION OR PAROLE COUNT II TEN (10) YEARS MDAI COUNT IV LIVE IN MDAI CONCURRENTLY WITH COUNTS I AND II

Guilty Plea
AS TO COUNTS I; II AND IV Defendant's constitutional rights explained and waived by Defendant and Defendant's voluntary plea(s) of Guilty Accepted and Entered of Record.

Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 08/19/2014; 9:00 AM ; STEPHEN R SHARP; Dunklin

Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 08/20/2014; 9:00 AM ; STEPHEN R SHARP; Dunklin

Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 08/21/2014; 9:00 AM ; STEPHEN R SHARP; Dunklin

Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 08/22/2014; 9:00 AM ; STEPHEN R SHARP; Dunklin

Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 08/18/2014; 1:30 PM ; STEPHEN R SHARP; Dunklin

Hearing Held
STATE APPEARS BY PA STEPHEN SOKOLOFF. DEFENDANT APPEARS WITH ATTORNEY, THOMAS MARSHALL AND CHARLES MORELAND. DEFENDANT WITHDRAWS PLEA OF NOT GUILTY.

02/28/2014 Order
HAVING FULLY CONSIDERED DEFENDANT'S MOTION, AND THE ARGUMENT OF COUNSEL, THE COURT FINDS BASED UPON THE ABOVE MATTERS THAT DEFENDANT'S PRESENCE AT THE DEPOSITION OF DR. BRADDOCK IS NOT NECESSARY OR REASONABLY REQUIRED FOR THE ACCUSED'S DEFENSE AND WOULD CREATE AN UNDUE BURDEN UPON THE OFFICE OF DUNKLIN COUNTY SHERIFF. THEREFORE, THE REQUEST IS DENIED. SEE WRITTEN ORDER: S/STEPHEN R SHARP
Filed By: STEPHEN R SHARP
Associated Entries: 10/11/2013 - Motion Filed

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

eta, I don't see him in MO DOC yet.

https://web.mo.gov/doc/offSearchWeb/searchOffender.do

I cannot believe this wasted all this time.

And damnit I want to know WHY he did this. Was he yet another pervert and took her and sexually assaulted the poor baby? Or did he do it because he is a racist and he was mad she was on his pool ladder (supposedly)?? WHY. I think he should be made to tell before he's allowed to plead.

I am beyond disgusted with this hideous excuse for a human being. And SO sorry for Breanns family, but glad this is finally over for them.

But WHY??!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that video. I'm glad to see her parents looking so well and so strong.

Resolution.

Morgan pled guilty to the murder, will serve 2 life sentences, plus 10 years for armed criminal action.

Too bad he wasted so much time and resources, but it is over. No appeals. He will rot in prison, as it should be.

Here is a Case Archive for Breeann Rodriguez. Everything from the beginning to the end is there.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Breeann%20Rodriguez%20%20-MO-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=139485516737508297635854786495

What is this. MDAI?

It's not good from what I've looked up He's medically seperated & sedated?

Snip from post above.
Defendant Sentenced
AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL OFFICER - Yes; DELIVER CERTIF COPY OF JUDMT - Yes; 24.035/29.15 INEFFECT COUNSEL - No; ALLOCUTION - Yes; LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE - Yes; LIFE IN PRISON - Yes COUNT I LIFE IN MDAI WITHOUT POSSIBILITY OF PROBATION OR PAROLE COUNT II TEN (10) YEARS MDAI COUNT IV LIVE IN MDAI CONCURRENTLY WITH COUNTS I AND II

I get this in regards to the MDAI in the docs.

MDAI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is this. MDAI?

It's not good from what I've looked up He's medically seperated & sedated?

Snip from post above.

Defendant Sentenced

I get this in regards to the MDAI in the docs.

MDAI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:waitasec:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member