Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how much new information about the case, if any, will be disclosed to the public at the "Criminal Setting". I live in the area and intend on going to the trial if possible. Last docket entry for James Phelps is "4/19 "entry of appearance". Last docket entry for Timothy Norton is 4/26 "Plea/Trial Setting".

What I find really interesting is that the same DA and assistant DA are prosecuting both cases. Not sure how typical that is in such a small county. Phelps has four lawyers and someone listed as "co counsel", from various other cities. Norton just has one attorney. Neither of these innocent until proven guilty lunatics are using public defenders anymore, then again Phelps still has a public defender listed on Casenet along with two other public defenders, and a lawyer whose Google search yields nothing more than a dated photo and "injury law" associated with the address. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in the beginning they were only using public defenders.One of Phelps' attorneys is listed as a personal injury lawyer in Springfield, though the address on case net says Bolivar.

I really wonder how they're getting the money to pay for representation. Is it typical to have multiple public defenders? Not to jump down any rabbit holes, but I also find it hard to believe their families would have that kind of money either. I mean lets face it, this isn't a case that most law firms or attorneys in general would want to be associated with IMO. Those from the area -- maybe Dee Wampler would have been all over this, as he was with Craig Michael Wood.

I always say follow the money, but I doubt anyone is going to be able to find out how they're paying for representation.

Also wanted to add, as I commute through Lebanon regularly from Springfield, I saw a semi truck on Friday with old Missouri plates. By old, I mean they updated our license plates years ago, at least three if memory serves me correctly. Truck drivers are always suspicious to me, even if I'm not conscious of it -- too many sickos drawn to that career. Just thought it was interesting, being as it was on I-44 near where this crime occurred. Many sheriffs and Highway Patrol out that day, as there was an accident and traffic was backed up a good mile or two. Didn't see the truck get pulled over.

Interested to hear your thoughts everyone. I never mind doing the research because you all make such good points and always build on it.
Hi I researched all of the lawyers on JP case on case.net as well.

1-The lead attorney is Thomas Jacquinot, a public defender for the Capital Division.

2-The last female lawyer mentioned on Case.net is Caroline Engleman who is an Associate Trail Counsel who represents clients facing the death penalty through pretrial and trial litigation. She is public Defender.

3-Morris W Mettler another public defender.

4-The Co-Counsel Samuel Gearhart while I could not find any websites for him. The address is listed for the - Bolivar | Missouri State Public Defender

5- Devon Pasley - also listed as a Public Defender via a business address search.

So it seems to me JP has a team of Public Defenders for Capital punishment - which doesn't cost him anything. Perhaps this is status quo for Capitol Punishment cases? - I am not laywer so I don't know. But this is tax payer money. (moo)

Last edited:
I am just starting to read about this case and when I looked at that list of deviants I wanted to throw up! So many sexual atrocities with minors! This is horrible.

This case opened my eyes too.
I wonder if they were aware of one another or knew each other. My next thought would be like minded tend to be on good terms with one another.

I am almost sure James Phelps’ and company are just the icing on the cake. I am sure his bargaining chip is talking and perhaps the prosecutor will not be bargaining because of the brutal way they handled Cassidy- maybe sending a direct message to the leftovers - but l am 100 percent sure he is connected to 1000 more. They multiply fast. Like ticks.

It’s across the world.

In my humble but angry opinion.

I wonder if they were aware of one another or knew each other. My next thought would be like minded tend to be on good terms with one another.
If we consider the members as dots on a page, IMO, the dots would connect mostly with other locals to form clusters and each cluster would connect to one or more clusters. The members would not know everyone but would be connected to everyone in a 6-degrees of separation sense. I doubt it's a centralized affair.

In the dark web, information flows quickly when a cluster is penetrated by LE, so the other criminals can stop selling/trading with them.

The fate of Cassidy's mother (not a coincidence) indicates this cluster in MO/KS is large and well-established. I can definitely imagine that cluster lighting up and closing ranks as soon as these two pieces of filth were arrested. I imagine threats to the dirtbags to keep their mouths shut as well as some help with legal bills.

If we consider the members as dots on a page, IMO, the dots would connect mostly with other locals to form clusters and each cluster would connect to one or more clusters. The members would not know everyone but would be connected to everyone in a 6-degrees of separation sense. I doubt it's a centralized affair.

In the dark web, information flows quickly when a cluster is penetrated by LE, so the other criminals can stop selling/trading with them.

The fate of Cassidy's mother (not a coincidence) indicates this cluster in MO/KS is large and well-established. I can definitely imagine that cluster lighting up and closing ranks as soon as these two pieces of filth were arrested. I imagine threats to the dirtbags to keep their mouths shut as well as some help with legal bills.
I agree it’s not a “centralized affair”. World wide, sadly.

I believe the burning of JP’s cabin (shortly after their arrests) was also arson by someone within the cluster. Someone who panicked.

If their are ranks within these clusters l imagine JP and TN were low level and while they are both off the street l am sure the local cluster lives on - however quiet it may be right now or the past 2 years.

I am still here to eventually hear the long awaited justice for Cassidy.

(All moo)

Another violent killer, suspected of being a serial killer, who also had a horror barn full of torture tools, video cameras, computers, etc. He also worked for years as an over the road truck driver.

In 2016, he kidnapped and murdered a young woman, college student, who was out in the countryside riding her bike.

Looks like James Phelps waived his preliminary hearing and is heading to trial.

James Phelps, 59, after months of continuances, waived his preliminary Thursday morning and was arraigned on one count of first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping and abandonment of a corpse. He pleaded not guilty to all charges and his attorney, Thomas Jacquinot, renewed an objection to the abandonment of a corpse charge.

"It violates his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination," Jacquinot said. "It essentially requires him to report himself."

More news coverage

I just looked up what -he waived his right to a preliminary hearing- since some of news article calls that move surprising this article explains it in simple terms- short read.

Also he is not due back in court till January. :/

I just looked up what -he waived his right to a preliminary hearing- since some of news article calls that move surprising this article explains it in simple terms- short read.

It really doesn't seem like he's going to plead guilty does it?

I’m guessing his primary reasons for skipping the preliminary hearing are 1 and 2 - Avoiding pretrial publicity and minimizing further damage. It was a heinous crime and many more details may be revealed than were publicly known before.
I wonder what additional information the state has in their files since completing their investigation?
Is the state going to have Norton testify against him?
Enough to bring additional charges? I’m surprised he hasn’t taken a plea deal yet.

It really doesn't seem like he's going to plead guilty does it?
"He pleased not guilty to all charges and his attorney, Thomas Jacquinot, renewed an objection to the abandonment of a corpse charge"

Which isn't suprising to me since they are probably trying to save his life (if they even have a chance to).

I believe if a plea deal was on the table by his lawyer, he may have offered GUILT without Capital Punishment. Or maybe the DA Is hardnose and wants no deal...maybe the evidence and their behavior/and other stuff we don't know warrants a full trial with the death penalty on board.

Last sentence is moo...

I’m guessing his primary reasons for skipping the preliminary hearing are 1 and 2 - Avoiding pretrial publicity and minimizing further damage. It was a heinous crime and many more details may be revealed than were publicly known before.
I wonder what additional information the state has in their files since completing their investigation?
Is the state going to have Norton testify against him?
Enough to bring additional charges? I’m surprised he hasn’t taken a plea deal yet.
I agree 100 percent - If they stall long enough it maybe out of people's minds by then too.

Norton pleaded not guilty too. He already confessed to what JP told him to do and what they actually did to Cassidy in detail. So not sure the tactic here except maybe just standard protocol?

I agree 100 percent - If they stall long enough it maybe out of people's minds by then too.

Norton pleaded not guilty too. He already confessed to what JP told him to do and what they actually did to Cassidy in detail. So not sure the tactic here except maybe just standard protocol?

His lawyers may think stalling could help, but as soon as he's ready to go to trial, the international news media will be camping out at the court house. This is a sensational, horrific crime that made headlines around the world. It will be hard to put that toothpaste back in the tube. JMO

Who else was involved in this and when will they be charged? There has to be at least one other person. That cabin didn’t burn itself down.

And, are there more victims? What else did police find in that freezer?

Who else was involved in this and when will they be charged? There has to be at least one other person. That cabin didn’t burn itself down.

And, are there more victims? What else did police find in that freezer?

Aside from Timothy Norton, his "friend" and "roommate" (not sure how to describe their relationship)? No one else has been named by LE, but if you do a search of Registered Sex Offenders in that county and adjacent ones, you'll find several who listed the same address as place of residence. Very disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz