MO MO - Cheryl Kenney, 30, Nevada, 27 Feb 1991

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
25 years ago this Saturday, a Nevada woman disappeared, leaving no clues behind.

http://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/nevada-unsolved-missing-persons-case

"She was a local, a native of Nevada. At the time, I believe she was living near Walker," said Sgt. Jeff Baker, Nevada Police Department.

Sergeant Jeff Baker says Cheryl Kenney was a mother of two, a wife and an honest, hard working person. That all changed the night of February 27th, 1991.

"Apparently, she closed the store at about 10 o'clock that night, and was never seen again," said Sgt.Baker.

Chief Burnley says with the 25th anniversary of Cheryl Kenney's disappearance upon us, now is the time for anyone with information to come forward, and help her family find peace.

"They want some closure on this, as we want to provide that to them. My police want that same closure. There's nobody in the world that wants to see a resolution to this case more than us," said Chief Burnley.

Just letting you all know I submitted Cheryl as a possible match for Vacaville, CA Jane Doe. I realise geographically it's a stretch but the physical likeness between the two women is striking and there are many similarities in physical description too. Here's the Namus page for the Jane Doe. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14789

I'll let you know if/when I get a response back from Namus.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 1.45.58 PM.png

Hi All, I was wondering if any of you found in your research if Cheryl was 1. A smoker, 2. Had any previous neck problems?

Thank you for your time!

Can & will anyone verify she is still lost or not found? I am interested in looking into her case however I am new to this website and from what I gather the last post to this case forum was June 13, 2017?

The motorcycle helmet.....the husband and his best friend both rode motorcycles and the night of the disappearance the husband rode the motorcycle to town to check on her!

Can & will anyone verify she is still lost or not found? I am interested in looking into her case however I am new to this website and from what I gather the last post to this case forum was June 13, 2017?
Her charley project and doe network pages are still live. Her son is also on social media with a public profile and I see he posted as recently as Feb last year to say his mother is still missing.
I wouldn’t go by activity on here to judge whether a case is still active or not. There are plenty of idle websleuths threads for active cases.

By the way, welcome to websleuths! Sorry if my previous answer was a little abrupt, it would be great to revive some interest in this case.

I just started a true crime website and will be writing about this story. I wanted to let you guys know the charley website for her is not working for me.

Last edited:
I’m going to have to go back and research but someone was discussing the Springfield three case on Facebook a few months back and this older guy said that Cheryl Remains are buried underneath a house in Springfield. Could this guy just be spitting BS? Sure but i found it interesting if it were true that someone would state that publicly on social media I’ll have to go back and find the comment.

I’m going to have to go back and research but someone was discussing the Springfield three case on Facebook a few months back and this older guy said that Cheryl Remains are buried underneath a house in Springfield. Could this guy just be spitting BS? Sure but i found it interesting if it were true that someone would state that publicly on social media I’ll have to go back and find the comment.

If it's who I think it was, they were probably spinning a story. JMO . Springfield is pretty far from Nevada, MO. There's so much open, rural, rugged country in southwest MO and SE Kansas, it seems unlikely someone would try to bury a body under a house when there are so many back roads and remote wooded areas to do the same.

The fact that it was February 27 implies the weather was probably pretty cold, making it difficult to bury a body in frozen ground. There had been a recent warm spell, but most nights the temperature was pretty low.

It was about 50 degrees when Cheryl closed up the convenience store. That night the temperature dropped down into the 40's. There wasn't any snow on the ground.

Webb City, MO Weather History | Weather Underground

Here's an article from the Flat River, MO Daily Journal about the three women who disappeared from SW Missouri in the first few months of 1991.

Trudy Darby of Macks Creek, MO
Cheryl Kenney of Nevada, MO
Angela Hammond of Clinton, MO

All disappeared at or near convenience stores late in the evening.
Trudy Darby's body was later found in the Little Niangua River. She had been shot to death.

Clipping from The Daily Journal - Newspapers.com

Clipping from The Daily Journal - Newspapers.com

Last edited:
Cheryl Ann Kenney

Original

Missing: February 27, 1991

Time: Abt. 10:15 pm, after closing the convenience store where she worked

Google Maps

Female
Height 5' 6" - 5' 7" (66 - 67 Inches)
Weight 117 - 120 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Hair color: Brown, dyed blonde at time of disappearance
Eye color: Green

Scar/mark
Scar on wrist; Scar below shoulder on left arm where mole was removed; Scar on chest where mole was removed

Clothing
Blue jean jacket; Blue sweatshirt; Blue jeans

Eyewear
Tan eye glasses

Footwear
White L.A. Gear tennis shoes

Circumstances of Disappearance
Cheryl Kenney vanished after her shift at a Nevada, Mo., convenience store where she worked, on Business 71 Highway. Her time card showed she clocked out at 10 pm and alarm was set at 10:17 pm, but she did not arrive home. Her car was left in the convenience store parking lot.

Cheryl left behind a husband, young children and a father who was ill, and whom she visited regularly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back