Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply marvelous darling. Your tutus are fabo. Lol

But on a serious note. I agree. The case is complexed. But i don't think that she has a jose baez or Johnnie Cochran on her side. Now even though I hate jose baez for getting casey off scott free. I would love to see him consulting on this case.

I truly think that she is too slow to help her defense. And I think she will get too many years due to a bull crap lawyer.

Yes, I do hope Gypsy will have an attorney that can make sure she gets the help she will need, and an appropriate sentence, once all the facts are known. It would be nice if someone stepped up.

I'm relieved to hear that prosecutors aren't seeking the death penalty.

Greene County Prosecutor Dan Patterson said he didn't believe the cases met the aggravating factors needed to pursue the death penalty in Missouri. He added that the defendants don't have extensive criminal records.
Stanfield said he is still sorting through 75 discs of photo and video evidence and thousands of pages of social media posts that prosecutors have said they intend to use as evidence against the pair at trial.
Stanfield said at a previous court appearance that Dee Dee Blanchard had set up some blocks that prevented her daughter from viewing her own medical records. Stanfield said Monday he has still not obtained those records.
"We've figured out a way to get those revoked and hopefully we will have those medical records fairly soon."

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crim...ek-death-penalty-for-gypsy-godejohn/75509124/

I think once the medical records are released the case will take a very different turn.

Greene County Prosecutor Dan Patterson said he didn't believe the cases met the aggravating factors needed to pursue the death penalty in Missouri. He added that the defendants don't have extensive criminal records.
Stanfield said he is still sorting through 75 discs of photo and video evidence and thousands of pages of social media posts that prosecutors have said they intend to use as evidence against the pair at trial.
Stanfield said at a previous court appearance that Dee Dee Blanchard had set up some blocks that prevented her daughter from viewing her own medical records. Stanfield said Monday he has still not obtained those records.
"We've figured out a way to get those revoked and hopefully we will have those medical records fairly soon."

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crim...ek-death-penalty-for-gypsy-godejohn/75509124/

I think once the medical records are released the case will take a very different turn.

I hope for Gypsy's sake that she doesn't get tried with him. I can't believe a lawyer has not gotten her a separate trial. They have 2 total different circumstances. The boy would have killed for any girl who asked him to.

Where as Gypsy felt she needed to get rid of her life long abuser.

I guess since she doesn't look like Jodi Arias; Most pro bono lawyers don't think that it would garner that much public attention. So they will not go all out to join in and help her case.

Her lawyers should be plastering the pictures of her upbringing for the last 15 years on Good Morning America or Dr Phil or something.

No one is feeling sympathy for her because the lawyers are not footing the bill for the sympathy publicity in the press. They are simply just rolling along like this was a regular case. Jmo. She needs a separate trial and a publicist.

The blocks are rather telling -- I wonder if GRB was nearly as duped by DB as the rest of the world was. I'd like to know exactly when she found out the whole truth.

I think their point was that plenty of people have awful childhoods, but don't grow up to be murderers... Hell, some have speculated that Dee herself had an awful upbringing - if she did, how could she ever know what normal behavior was, etc etc.... But it still wouldn't excuse what she did to Gypsy, IMO. Many serial killers had the most horrific childhood imaginable, being beaten, raped and abused by their family from an early age. How could they ever know what normal behaviour is, and how could they grow up to show compassion or mercy to anyone when they never experienced it growing up? Yet I never see many people defending the likes of John Wayne Gacy, Albert Fish or Richard Ramirez. That's because we recognise that one they are adults, they make their own choices and should be held responsible for them.

Indeed, I don't think we would have much sympathy for Gypsy if she had her own baby and treated it the same way her mother treated her. Why not, if we insist that poor Gypsy can't possibly know right from wrong after her own upbringing?

Speaking only for myself (and as someone who sympathizes deeply with GRB), I think it's ridiculous to say that she didn't or couldn't know right from wrong. Of course she could and most likely did. It's borderline offensive to imply or state that abused children are incapable of making good decisions or are doomed to grow into violent or abusive adults (and I understand that you didn't say that) -- statistics don't even bear that belief out.

From link:

"She said, that she feels freer now than she's ever felt," says Gypsy Blanchard's father, Rob...

"Well she's always seemed like she's been a strong soul. So we want her to stay that way even though all this is going on. We think she can make it through it and make it out and still have a life. We're hoping for that you know," says Rob Blanchard.

A jury will decide that later this year. The judge set the trial date for November 28.

It also says that a decision has yet to be made about whether they will be tried separately or not.

This is the part that really bothers me....

"Blanchard's father and his wife make the drive from Louisiana for every court appearance"

In all the years this girl was abused, where was the father and his wife? Why didn't they do more? It bothers me that they are stepping up after the fact to be there for GRB when they should have been there well before this. It seems they are just as bad as DB in the face that they want attention from GRB, just in a different way. MOO

IIRC The father was quoted in the past as having said DB would not allow him to visit Gypsy and kept their whereabouts secret from him. He wouldn't have even known where to find them. fwiw. Obviously he knows where she is now.

IMHOO

This is the part that really bothers me....

"Blanchard's father and his wife make the drive from Louisiana for every court appearance"

In all the years this girl was abused, where was the father and his wife? Why didn't they do more? It bothers me that they are stepping up after the fact to be there for GRB when they should have been there well before this. It seems they are just as bad as DB in the face that they want attention from GRB, just in a different way. MOO

It's been awhile and I don't know the specifics, but it involved a name change, moving around a lot, manipulation (she was a master, after all), and parental alienation. At the time I thought he could have tried harder but I could also empathize with how helpless and stuck he must have felt.

I mostly remember not putting him anywhere near the deadbeat dad category.

IIRC The father was quoted in the past as having said DB would not allow him to visit Gypsy and kept their whereabouts secret from him. He wouldn't have even known where to find them. fwiw. Obviously he knows where she is now.

IMHOO

I just really have a hard time believing the father. GRB and DB had such a big social media presence, it is hard for me to believe that he had no idea where they were. MOO, if he knew his daughter was being abused, and from news stories, it seems everyone in the family knew to some extent, he should have done more. I would think if you were divorced and there are children, there is always a custody agreement. I would have thought he would have at least had some sort of visitation and if DB was not allowing that to happen, you go back to court. I'm not sure what to think but I don't trust the father here.

It may be a matter of dealing with Dee Dee, who we know was a master lier and manipulator, was overwhelming. She could have pulled all kind of tricks on him such as claiming Gypsy was ill at the last minute before his visit, they had something to do, or they wouldn't be home when he came to pick Gypsy up.

It may also be father did not have the money to hire a lawyer to take Dee Dee back to
Court. I certainly would not want to appear before a judge without a lawyer in a case with Dee Dee. Look how convincing she was to so many people for such a long time.

Father probably regrets the past deeply. However, I imagine Dee Dee was the main cause of his not being in Gypsy's life.

My opinions only.

Gypsy Blanchard defense won't claim insanity but not ruling out Munchausen by proxy

The attorney representing Gypsy Blanchard said in court Tuesday he will not be pursuing a plea of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

That doesn't mean, however, that Blanchard can't claim Munchausen by proxy as her defense.
Clate Baker, one of Gypsy Blanchard's attorneys, said after Tuesday's court appearance that the attorneys are looking at all possible defenses, including Munchausen by proxy.

Godejohn's attorney Dewayne Perry also announced Tuesday his client will not be changing his plea at this time to not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

Tuesday's pre-trial court appearance lasted less than 10 minutes. Prosecutors endorsed their first round of witnesses, which Greene County Prosecutor Dan Patterson said were Missouri State Highway Patrol criminalists.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...but-not-ruling-out-munchausen-proxy/82930414/

The trial is scheduled for November 28.

A refresher to the case:

According to the probable cause statement submitted by investigators, posts to Dee Dee's Facebook page were traced to Nicholas Godejohn in Big Bend, Wisconsin. Waukesha County deputies found Godejohn and Gypsy Blancharde at the house and took them in for questioning.

According to the documents, Godejohn admitted stabbing Dee Dee to death, at the urging of Gypsy. Godejohn told investigators Gypsy gave him the knife, and claimed he would not have killed anyone less Gypsy asked him to. He then mailed the knife to his home to avoid being caught with it, the PC statement states.

When investigators questioned Gypsy Blancharde, she admitted to being at the house when Godejohn stabbed her mother, and to knowing that he was going to do it. She also admitted to making the Facebook posts on Dee Dee's page that first alerted friends and neighbors that Dee Dee may have been harmed. She said she and Godejohn left the house in a cab.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/blanchards-plea-to-be-addressed-in-hearing-today

Direct link to the Probable Cause doc:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/nxsglobal/o...s release - charge 6-16-15_1545304_ver1.0.pdf

I just really have a hard time believing the father. GRB and DB had such a big social media presence, it is hard for me to believe that he had no idea where they were. MOO, if he knew his daughter was being abused, and from news stories, it seems everyone in the family knew to some extent, he should have done more. I would think if you were divorced and there are children, there is always a custody agreement. I would have thought he would have at least had some sort of visitation and if DB was not allowing that to happen, you go back to court. I'm not sure what to think but I don't trust the father here.
If a lot of people in the family knew, why didn't they get LE involved? To me it is more on the backs of people who knew than the ones we think "should" have known. I bet the girl's mother made sure he did not catch up to them. JMHO.

Was thinking of this case today. Will be interesting to see this trial.

With all due respect, not everyone digs social media. There's also the fact that they shared some accounts and not others and didnt always use their full real names on their account. Going out couet also requires money. I don't know his situation. I personally think he could've done better. My daughter, who lives with her father, doesn't answer most questions about her life with her dad and and she doesn't tell people thst she even talks to me... I've literally been accused of her father's family of NOT caring. Don't be so quick to judge is what I'm getting at.

Just a personal observation from someone not born and raised in the Ozarks area.
It also seems to take a lot to get CPS to really take action here, even if there are multiple reports.

If someone calls the police instead of CPS, the officer comes to the location and speaks to everyone there. They check for bruises not covered by clothing, to see if the place is cleaned, and they check the fridge and cabinets (regardless of why they were called in). They then call CPS with their findings and if CPS feels I'm the child is safe, they send the officer on his way. Cps may or may not visit later. One of my in laws kept doing that and eventually police officers told them to go screw themselves and quit coming to my house.

So I can quite easily say even if others HAD reported it, if Gypsy appeared to be taken care of its unlikely anything would have been done.

There's a lot of nosy people and gossip.
There's a lot of people who would rather just observe and mind their own after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl