DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A caller to police reported that 4-year-old Darnell S. Gray was missing from the residence in the 1100 block of Buena Vista Street. He is described as a black male, 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall, weighing approximately 50 pounds. He has light-colored, shorter hair and was wearing a black and white sleeper, black coat, red Spiderman Velcro shoes, Mickey Mouse hat and gloves, and a "Black Panther" backpack.

Gray was last seen between 11 p.m. Wednesday and midnight when he went to sleep. At 7 a.m. Thursday, Gray was discovered missing along with his coat, hat, gloves, backpack, two juice boxes and some cookies from the residence.

Police search Jefferson City neighborhood for missing child

MissingChild_1540480326177_15028092_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

Young boy missing in Jefferson City

I hope he decided to go on an 'adventure' or visit family/friends instead of going to sleep and will be found safe soon. The things missing along with him are what you'd think a young child might take if they decided to sneak out on a cold night. But, if he hasn't been found around town by this time the day after he left leaves me worrying something may have happened to him. The worst outcome I imagine is another Asha Degree type situation.

• Missing Since - Oct 25, 2018
  • Missing From - Jefferson City, MO
  • DOB - Nov 3, 2014
  • Age Now - 3
  • Sex - Male
  • Race - Black
  • Hair Color - Brown
  • Eye Color - Brown
  • Height - 3'10"
  • Weight - 50 lbs
Darnell was last seen at home on October 25, 2018. He was last seen wearing a black coat with fur lining, black and white pajamas, and Spider-Man shoes with Velcro. Darnell may be carrying a Black Panther backpack.

D2C3660B-56A6-4812-87D1-605CBE115823.jpeg

Have you seen this child? DARNELL GRAY

A caller to police reported shortly before 7 a.m. that 4-year-old Darnell S. Gray was missing from the residence in the 1100 block of Buena Vista Street.

The Missouri Highway Patrol, which is assisting in the search, reports Gray was last seen between 11 p.m. Wednesday and midnight when he went to sleep. At 7 a.m. Thursday, Gray was discovered missing along with his coat, hat, gloves, backpack, two juice boxes and some cookies from the residence.

Law enforcement has issued an endangered persons advisory for the boy.

http://amp.newstribune.com/news/loc...erson-city-police-search-missing-child/749453

Apologies, I searched for a thread and couldn’t find one.

I’m here around the area Darnell S. Gray was reported missing from. Police officers are searching in and around the drainage system. @KOMUnews

701DA308-ACBC-420F-B187-77D4F51A6F79.jpeg

Emma Claybrook on Twitter

I just spoke with Captain Deric Heislen with the JCPD. He said right now they aren’t suspecting any foul play. They just know Darnell is missing from his home. They hope spreading his photo on social media will alert family members or friends who may be with him. @KOMUnews

Darnell was last seen wearing a black and white sleeper, a black coat, Spider Man Velcro shoes, and possibly a Black Panther backpack. @KOMUnews

A helicopter is flying over the area where Darnell S. Gray was reported missing earlier this morning. @KOMUnews

*video at link

Officials are gathering here on the 1100 block of Buena Vista to discuss the search for Darnell S. Gray. @KOMUnews

E6A42301-5231-4603-98AC-8008E74CA55B.jpeg

Updated info about the search for 4-year-old Darnell S. Gray just in case you missed @KOMUnews at noon. If you have any information about Darnell please contact JCPD.

*video at link

Drone operators are searching for Darnell S. Gray in the wooded area around Woodclift Drive in Jefferson City. @KOMUnews

4671BD31-C070-481C-980B-CCEA0331AC9C.jpeg

More details from Jefferson City Police: Darnell Gray was discovered missing this morning along with his coat, Mickey Mouse hat and gloves, Black Panther backpack, two juice boxes, and some cookies. He was last seen last night around 11 p.m. when he went to bed. @KOMUnews

Bbm

• Missing Since - Oct 25, 2018
  • Missing From - Jefferson City, MO
  • DOB - Nov 3, 2014
  • Age Now - 3
  • Sex - Male
  • Race - Black
  • Hair Color - Brown
  • Eye Color - Brown
  • Height - 3'10"
  • Weight - 50 lbc
Darnell was last seen at home on October 25, 2018. He was last seen wearing a black coat with fur lining, black and white pajamas, and Spider-Man shoes with Velcro. Darnell may be carrying a Black Panther backpack.

View attachment 152852
I'm confused. They are saying that he was "last see wearing a black coat, etc), yet in an earlier post upthread, it stated that those items were missing, not that he was seen in them.
Have you seen this child? DARNELL GRAY

This is scary. Poor Lil guy. And it’s so cold at night too.
My son is 5 and I don’t think at 3, almost 4, he was capable of getting his coat, shoes and backpack on. Let alone have the sense to pack a snack.

I hope my gut is wrong about this and he’s found safe soon!!

BREAKING NEWS: 4-year-old Darnell Gray reported missing from his home on the 1100 block of Buena Vista this morning. Over 30 officers are out looking for this little boy. The boy was last known to be home around 11 pm last night. #KRCG13
C4D9E830-0DF6-48A3-BAD5-A69FBF3241E8.jpeg

Hannah Knowles on Twitter

BREAKING NEWS: Four-year-old missing from Jefferson City home search underway I am live at the

*video at link

Helicopter searches have begun. Missing 4-year-old Darnell described as a black male 3 1/2 to 4' tall and weighs 50 pounds. The child has short hair and is wearing a black and white sleeper with a black coat, Spiderman shoes, and possibly a black panther backpack.

Helicopters are circling the area. Still no signs of the missing boy.

5390A95B-EDCE-45D9-AB5E-5AD60B9A515F.jpeg

Officers are gathered around a map of the area as helicopters continue to circle the area looking for any sign of Darnell Gray.

Officers circling, still looking for missing Darnell Gray. #krcg13 #breakingnews

*video at link

My oldest son was 4 when he packed his hot wheels suitcase and walked outside. I saw him when he didn't think I did. Before he packed it, he said he was leaving. I told him to make sure he grabbed a snack. I told him to call when he made it where he was going (lol was playing along). He was able to put his coat, hat and shoes on (velcro shoes). Our dog found him when we went outside in his dad's truck in the driveway. So it is possible. Just hoping it isn't another one of those cases where he was taken from the house :(

Many people are wondering why an Amber Alert hasn’t been issued for Darnell Gray. Captain Heislen said certain criteria have to be met to issue one, and not all of them have been met at this time. @KOMUnews

An Endangered Person Advisory has been issued for Darnell Gray. Captain Heislen said @JeffCityPolice don’t have reason to believe Gray was abducted, but they do think he is danger because he is alone in an unknown location. @KOMUnews

I can't with these stupid freaking cases.

I'm sorry, I'm likely jumping the gun, but I wouldn't know if 47 goldfish were missing from my house, so the fact that they are so precise about what is missing with him (the juice boxes and cookies) makes my hinky meter go off. I'm praying and asking forgiveness at the same time, because I really really hope I'm wrong.

A 4 year old might do this during the day. Little ones are usually too scared of the dark at that age.

What a cutie pie.
I know. I was thinking- even if the little guy took off on an adventure by himself, he'd get down a street or two, realize nothing was familiar or hear a noise that might frighten him, and start crying.

Was there a lunch packed in his backpack? I'm wondering if the lunch was packed the night before and that's how they know 2 juice boxes are missing and some cookies. Maybe a pre-packed snack for preschool/pre-K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether