Found Deceased MO - Darrell Peak, 40, Kaiden, 4, Mayson, 3, Warsaw - 25 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

KatzEye

Reaction score
ENDANGERED PERSON ADVISORY: Two children, father reported missing from Greene County

NM77OQK5DRCBHC4B4XWDIGLI6I.jpg

Authorities are looking for Darrell Peak, 40, and his two children, 3-year-old Mayson Peak and 4-year-old Kaiden Peak.

The Greene County Sheriff’s Office and Missouri State Highway Patrol have issued an Endangered Person Advisory in the case as of 4:30 p.m. Friday.

According to the sheriff’s office, the children were last seen around 7 p.m. Thursday in Warsaw, Missouri. However, the missing person incident was reported around 4 p.m. Thursday from a home in the 1200 block E. FR 28 in Pleasant Hope.

If you have any information regarding Darrell Peak or the missing children, contact 911, your nearest local law enforcement agency or call the Greene County Sheriff’s Office at 417-829-6235.

Missouri Highway Patrol issues state-wide endangered person alert for man, two young boys

Greene County asks for help finding missing dad, 2 kids

Greene County Sheriff's Office | Facebook
Darrell and the children were last seen yesterday evening around 7pm in Warsaw, MO on foot. (more at the link)

Darrell Peak | Facebook

Missouri law enforcement searching for missing dad and his two young sons | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports (fox4kc.com)
Darrell Peak is 5'6" tall, 180 pounds with brown hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with a large white logo, a gray hooded sweatshirt with “*advertiser censored* n go” on the front and black carpenter jeans. LE says he has depression, and they’re concerned about his mental wellness.

Kaiden Peak is 3'4" tall, 38 pounds, with white-blonde hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a black shirt with blue sleeves, jeans and boots.

Mayson Peak is described as 3' tall, 39 pounds with brown hair, green eyes and was last seen wearing a gray shirt with “Mama knows best” on the front, jogging pants and tan boots.

Last edited:
This is pretty concerning. The dad crashed a car then took off with his children? Definitely sounds like there may be some mental instability involved here, I really hope everyone is okay. Those poor baby boys. Please please do not let this be another “two brothers, ages 3 and 4, are missing” case...

Article updated

ENDANGERED PERSON ADVISORY: Two children, father reported missing from Greene County (ky3.com)
“Him and my mom got into an argument,” Peak’s daughter said. “Took off in his Camaro and crashed it over there. And that’s when he jumped in my mom’s car with the two babies.”

Also, see comments: Greene County Sheriff's Office | Facebook
BBM.. so he crashed his own vehicle, then took his wife/ex wife’s vehicle? Did he crash that as well? IIRC, he was spotted walking and going into the woods with the children which is terrifying in and of itself...Can’t figure out what happened to the second vehicle. Or did he just ditch it?MOO

This is pretty concerning. The dad crashed a car then took off with his children? Definitely sounds like there may be some mental instability involved here, I really hope everyone is okay. Those poor baby boys. Please please do not let this be another “two brothers, ages 3 and 4, are missing” case...
That was my very first thought...

ENDANGERED PERSON ADVISORY: Two children, father reported missing from Greene County
According to the sheriff’s office, the children were last seen around 7 p.m. Thursday in Warsaw, Missouri. However, the missing person incident was reported around 4 p.m. Thursday from a home in the 1200 block E. FR 28 in Pleasant Hope.

Not understanding the timing
Him and my mom got into an argument,” Peak’s daughter Shyla said. “Took off in his Camaro and crashed it over there. And that’s when he jumped in my mom’s car with the two babies

Now he's been in 2 cars
Greene County officials search for missing dad and his two young children
Officials say Darrell and his kids were last seen Thursday evening around 7 p.m. in Warsaw traveling on foot

Now he's on foot with 2 children?

BBM.. so he crashed his own vehicle, then took his wife/ex wife’s vehicle? Did he crash that as well? IIRC, he was spotted walking and going into the woods with the children which is terrifying in and of itself...Can’t figure out what happened to the second vehicle. Or did he just ditch it?MOO
It's unclear to me what happened to the vehicle he was driving. I'd like to know if he had his wallet - cash, debit/credit card? Maybe he ran out of gas. What condition was the vehicle in...overheated...flat tire? So many possibilities. MOO

Not understanding the timing
Him and my mom got into an argument,” Peak’s daughter Shyla said. “Took off in his Camaro and crashed it over there. And that’s when he jumped in my mom’s car with the two babies

Now he's been in 2 cars
Greene County officials search for missing dad and his two young children
Officials say Darrell and his kids were last seen Thursday evening around 7 p.m. in Warsaw traveling on foot

Now he's on foot with 2 children?
This is my understanding as to the timing:

1. Prior to 4 pmDarrell and the children’s mother got into an argument. He took off in his Camaro, crashed it near the home, and jumped in the mother’s car with the two babies.

2. Around 4 pmLeft a home in the 1200 block of East Farm Road in Pleasant Hope.

3. Around 4 pm - Missing person incident was reported from a home in the 1200 block E. FR 28 in Pleasant Hope.

4. 4:30 pm – Greene Co. Sheriff and MO State Hwy Patrol issue a MEPA.

5. Between 6 pm & 7 pm - Last seen on foot on US 65, about a mile north of Warsaw.

Approx 1 hour and 14 minutes from the Pleasant Hope address to Warsaw:
1200 E Farm Rd 20, Pleasant Hope to US-65, Warsaw, MO - Google Maps

Warsaw, Missouri - Google Maps

These are just a few of my questions:
  • Were the boys in the Camaro when it crashed? Was anyone injured?
  • Did Darrell have any money, bank cards, etc. with him?
  • History of alcohol/substance abuse?
  • Does Darrell have a gun/weapon with him?
  • Connections to Warsaw? Was that his intended (final) destination?
  • Which direction were they walking on I-65?
Not feeling good about this. :( MOO

FEB 28, 2021
Greene County missing persons investigation gets 'more concerning' (news-leader.com)
[...]

... Investigators now believe Peak left with no plans to return and could be in the Warsaw area.

[...]

• Thursday at 5:30 p.m., a Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper made contact with Darrell Peak and the children on Highway 65 just north of Warsaw. Darrell Peak declined any assistance from the trooper, who reported that everyone seemed OK.

• Thursday at 7 p.m., the highway patrol got a call about a man and two young children walking along Highway 65, but when they responded to the area they did not find anyone.

• Thursday at 7:52 p.m., a Benton County deputy got out to check on Darrell Peak's vehicle, which had been abandoned along Highway 65 north of Warsaw. The deputy later thought she saw Darrell Peak and the children walking along the highway, but when she turned around to contact them, she could not find them.

• Friday at 10 a.m., Greene County deputies were first called out to the Peak residence and began conducting a missing persons investigation.

[...]

FEB 28, 2021
Greene County missing persons investigation gets 'more concerning' (news-leader.com)
[...]

... Investigators now believe Peak left with no plans to return and could be in the Warsaw area.

[...]

• Thursday at 5:30 p.m., a Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper made contact with Darrell Peak and the children on Highway 65 just north of Warsaw. Darrell Peak declined any assistance from the trooper, who reported that everyone seemed OK.

• Thursday at 7 p.m., the highway patrol got a call about a man and two young children walking along Highway 65, but when they responded to the area they did not find anyone.

• Thursday at 7:52 p.m., a Benton County deputy got out to check on Darrell Peak's vehicle, which had been abandoned along Highway 65 north of Warsaw. The deputy later thought she saw Darrell Peak and the children walking along the highway, but when she turned around to contact them, she could not find them.

• Friday at 10 a.m., Greene County deputies were first called out to the Peak residence and began conducting a missing persons investigation.

[...]
:(

Do they know why he abandoned the car? Did he run out of gas? Were there any later sightings? Where could he have taken the children?

I hope this ends nothing like the case in Quebec last year where a father ran away with his two young daughters after a crash.

FEB 28, 2021
Greene County Sheriff's Office | Facebook
Update* Missing/Endangered Persons involving Darrell, Mayson and Kaiden Peak.

As Greene County Detectives continue to investigate this incident, the situation has become more concerning. Although the family was not immediately concerned, after detectives have explored all known leads and destinations, we must presume that Darrell Peak has taken his children with no plan to return.
Detectives have made several attempts to have an Amber Alert issued but this case has not met the criteria.

Greene County Deputies responded to the Peak residence on Friday, February 26 at 10am and began conducting the initial investigation. Deputies were told by family members that they last saw Darrell and the children at their residence on Thursday, February 25 at 4pm. Deputies were not made aware of the situation until 18 hours after the fact. The investigation lead detectives to believe that they are in the Warsaw, MO area.

At 1pm Friday a statewide BOLO was issued for the family and all three individuals were entered as Missing.

At 2:35pm Friday, a Benton County Deputy located Darrell's vehicle, abandoned, along State Highway 65 north of Warsaw, MO.

A Missouri State Trooper stopped to assist Darrell on State Highway 65 just north of Warsaw, MO. around 5:30pm Thursday evening. According to the trooper, the children were with Darrell and appeared to be fine. Darrell declined any assistance.

Around 7pm Thursday evening, Missouri State Highway Patrol recieved a 911 call about a male and two small children walking along State Highway 65. Troopers checked the area but did not locate the family.

At approximately 7:52pm Thursday, a Benton County deputy checked on the Peak vehicle which was abandoned on 65 highway north of Warsaw. The deputy later observed who she believed to be Darrell and the children walking up 65 Highway north of the vehicle. When she turned around to check on them, they were unable to be located.

This is an ongoing investigation. If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Darrell, Mayson and/or Kaiden Peak, you are asked to call 911

Something is happening. The scanners for Greene County Sheriff reported that they are at a house where a car is that links back to DP. There is apparently a media request for that location now. This all started 20 minutes ago.

He supposedly didn’t mean to leave with the kids.

“I don’t eat. I don’t sleep. All I wonder is, like, are my kids cold?”; Mother pleads for the return of missing sons | KOLR - OzarksFirst.com

SPRINGFIELD, Mo.– Officials are still searching for 40-year-old Darrell Peak and his two children, three-year-old Mayson Peak and four-year-old Kaiden Peak. The Greene County Sheriff’s Office believes Darrell took the boys with no plan on returning.

Bonnie peak is the mother of the two missing boys and wife of Darrell. She said the past few days have been the hardest she’s ever had to live through.

“I don’t eat. I don’t sleep. All I wonder is, like, are my kids cold? Are they hungry? Where are they sleeping? Are they crying for me? As a mother, these are the things that I have to sit here and worry about. all day and every day,” said Bonnie.

Bonnie’s only wish is that her two young sons are returned home safely. Darrell and his kids were last seen Thursday, Feb. 25, around 7 p.m. in Warsaw traveling on foot.

“When he left, he was angry,” said Bonnie. “Sometimes when he’s angry, he’ll takek off and leave for a couple hours. This is so out of his character. Like He’s not one to just take off with the children.”

Local officials said they’ve attempted to issue an amber alert but the case does not meet the criteria. Bonnie hopes they will eventually issue an amber alert, but doesn’t believe Darrell would hurt Kaiden or Mayson.

“One of the reasons is that he is the father,” said Bonnie. “I don’t think for one second that he would physically harm our children, ever, in a million year. He’s a very good dad and he’s a good person. I know he’s going through a lot lately and I don’t know if he’s just going through a mental breakdown. I think he wanted to leave on his own and I think the children just happened to be in the car when he got in my car and took off.”

“Every lead that we’ve got seems to be a day, two days old,” said Bonnie. “It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever been through in my life. Not knowing where my children are. I just want my kids home.”

Description of Darrell:
  • White male, 5’6″ tall, 170 lbs
  • Brown hair and green eyes
  • Last seen wearing black carpenter jeans, a gray *advertiser censored* N Go hoody and a black t-shirt
Description of Mayson:
  • White male, 3′ tall, 39 lbs
  • Light brown hair and green eyes
  • Last seen wearing a gray t-shirt that says “mama knows best”, joggers and tan work style boots
Description of Kaiden:
  • White male, 3’4″ tall, 38 lbs
  • White hair and blue eyes
  • Last seen wearing a black shirt with blue sleeves, jeans and boots
The Greene County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information to call 911.

Is the fact that they were on foot after leaving his mama's car on the side of the freeway.... is that why an Amber Alert can not be issued?

[QUOTE="Gray, post: 16654743, member: 34917

“He’s a very good dad and he’s a good person. I know he’s going through a lot lately and I don’t know if he’s just going through a mental breakdown. I think he wanted to leave on his own and I think the children just happened to be in the car when he got in my car and took off.”

[/QUOTE]

RSABBM:

This might change things, but it doesn’t make any sense why he didn’t just bring the kids back, and then he could go storm off on his own. Plus how would you get in a car and not know your two children were in it? Something is seriously wrong. MOO

ETA: sorry I screwed up the quoted post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back