MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bruce Winn Fulford passed away in Jan. 2007 at the age of 63. His wife was the same Jeanne who was once married to Dennis Spriggs. From Bruce's obituary:
Bruce Winn Fulford, known by the local children as the "Candy Man" passed away January 4, 2007, quietly at his home in Hyde Park, UT. He was born September 11, 1943, in Rockford, Illinois, to Donald Bills Fulford and Barbara Knickerbocker Hubbell. He was the oldest of five children, all of whom survive: Linda Gault, Mary Fulford, and Charles Fulford, all of Ypsilanti, MI; and Jane Mohr of St. Petersburg, FL. He graduated from Ypsilanti High School and Cleary College. He then served in the United States Army during the Vietnam War and worked for UPS for 32 years as an industrial engineer. He was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Fulford is survived by his wife Jeanne...
So... Dennis Spriggs was married to Jeanne Louise (maiden name Howard) from 1967 to 1992, when he died. Jeanne went to Ottumwa and married Roy D. Forgy, who is, as far as I can tell, still alive n' kickin'. They divorced at the end of the 90s. She then married Bruce Fulford. For a time, she was also the executive director of the Murray, UT Chamber of Commerce. Bruce died last year.

Bruce's death came just 11 days before the death of Oscar Lewis Howard.

Jeanne's father. He died on January 15, 2007.

At this point the little defense attorney I've learned to wake in my head any time I get suspicious is piping up and saying that this could all still be coincidence.

It could. Maybe it is. But it's hard to deny that we all find coincidences interesting, isn't it?

Just to recap --

Dennis Spriggs -- passes away unexpectedly, death seemingly kept very quiet. Married to Jeanne.

Roy Forgy -- married for a relatively short time to Jeanne. She was a member of the Ottumwa, IA C of C during that marriage. They divorce, he's unscathed, apparently. I did find court records in Iowa's online case search system that indicated Roy might not be able to care for himself.

ETA: Doris Jeanne Howard -- Jeanne's mother, died in 2005. She was in a care center, so the death could have been natural, expected.

Bruce Fulford -- Jeanne's 3rd (?) husband, Hyde Park, UT. Suffers heart troubles in 2003, dies 1/04/07. Jeanne became ex. dir. of the Hyde Park C of C at the beginning of this century. She's no longer listed on their website.

Oscar L. Howard -- Jeanne's father. Dies 1/15/07, age 82. Bruce Fulford, incidentally, is mentioned in the obit.
As people age and sometimes get sick, these things happen. So I have to wonder what else is up. What do the cops know that we haven't learned, yet?

I'd blog about this (for anyone who doesn't know the difference -- no, this isn't a blog, it's a forum, a message board, and the two are very different mediums -- for instance, I run my own blog, and I'm just folks here), but there's still too much room for skepticism for me to set it in stone like that. Ms. Howard/Forgy/Fulford could just be unlucky.

Steve

In what way is he mentioned? I mean as recently deceased or as Jeanne's husband?

The death's and current investigation has remained under the radar that's for sure. I couldn't help but notice while reading the obits that Jeanne's brother passed away on Dr. Jim Howard, who passed away December 5, 2004.

You know what this case reminds me of? The lady in Georgia who was just in the news again for stockpiling massive amounts of (painkillers?). Her name escapes me at the moment.

I wonder what set of circumstances led to the current investigation?

I linked the obit, but here: "He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, Robert Howard, his son, Dr. Jim Howard and his son-in-law Bruce Fulford, who passed away January 4, 2007."

So she wasn't estranged or semi-estranged from the family as the family had current info about her husband recent death.

So she wasn't estranged or semi-estranged from the family as the family had current info about her husband recent death.

I have no idea whether that was the case or not, based on that obit. Just because someone is estranged from a family doesn't mean the family will leave them out of an obituary. I've seen family members who haven't spoken with one another in years included in an obituary. What you're asking about is something that could only be determined with any accuracy by asking her family, which I certainly haven't done.

If I had to guess, though, I'd say there's no estrangement. But that's just a guess. If I had to guess, I'd say Ms. Howard/Spriggs/Forgy/Fulford can come across very well and is probably quite charming. You don't become the ex. dir. of a Chamber of Commerce anywhere without the ability to make others like you.

Steve

If I had to guess, I'd say Ms. Howard/Spriggs/Forgy/Fulford can come across very well and is probably quite charming. You don't become the ex. dir. of a Chamber of Commerce anywhere without the ability to make others like you.

Steve

And that would have worked in her favor. She would never be suspected because of it. We have witnessed that over and over on boards when family and friends come to the defense of a POI. Even after a full on confession friends and family will defend them.

The death's and current investigation has remained under the radar that's for sure. I couldn't help but notice while reading the obits that Jeanne's brother passed away on Dr. Jim Howard, who passed away December 5, 2004.

You know what this case reminds me of? The lady in Georgia who was just in the news again for stockpiling massive amounts of (painkillers?). Her name escapes me at the moment.

I wonder what set of circumstances led to the current investigation?

Patricia Radcliffe Taylor Allison from "Everything She Ever Wanted" ...one of my all time favorites...could not put it down.

You are right SuzieQ, she was just arrested.

http://www.thecitizen.com/~citizen0/node/26023

But, IIRC, according to Ann Rule's book she is an extrememely charming woman. The jail workers loved her and she knitted and made cute stuff for them and her fellow inmates.

Patricia Radcliffe Taylor Allison from "Everything She Ever Wanted" ...one of my all time favorites...could not put it down.

At 70 years-old, she's still getting in trouble. She was arrested again this February.

http://www.thecitizen.com/~citizen0/node/26023

But, according to Ann Rule's book she is an extrememely charming woman. The jail workers loved her and she knitted and made cute stuff for them and her fellow inmates.

I read Ann's book when it came out, and Ann has told me a little about Patricia, too. That case sparked my interest in this one. That, and the fact that a woman's motives for homicide are often more complex and mysterious than a man's. The methods used by particularly intelligent women are also often fascinating. On one level, a "black widow" killer is probably at baseline just a psychopath. But female psychopaths really do function in the day-to-day world in a very different way from their slightly more common male counterparts. They are often better at keeping that "mask of sanity" intact, only dropping it when they need to.

Steve

Jolynna, thank you, it is Patricia. She was charming too huh? I wonder how charming Melis feels Jeanne was?

Steve, I find it interesting that Jeanne was married for so long before her first husband died a mysterious death and then fairly quickly followed by others. It would be interesting to know if there is anything suspicous prior to Denny's death.

I must state this is all speculative and no proof of any wrong doing by Jeanne. I am so intrigued though, and can't stop talking about it.

Jolynna, thank you, it is Patricia. She was charming too huh? I wonder how charming Melis feels Jeanne was?

Steve, I find it interesting that Jeanne was married for so long before her first husband died a mysterious death and then fairly quickly followed by others. It would be interesting to know if there is anything suspicous prior to Denny's death.

I must state this is all speculative and no proof of any wrong doing by Jeanne. I am so intrigued though, and can't stop talking about it.

I am not Steve, but can't help speculating.

I wonder if before she did it the first time (IF she did it at all) the act was a "thought"...something she daydreamed about doing. But, once it was a fait accompli as soon as the next guy got on her nerves or she needed money or a "rush"...

I am not Steve, but can't help speculating.

I wonder if before she did it the first time (IF she did it at all) the act was a "thought"...something she daydreamed about doing. But, once it was a fait accompli as soon as the next guy got on her nerves or she needed money or a "rush"...

Welcome to the club. Your speculation might be very accurate. And that's my speculation only. ;)

Jeanne spriggs was/is a very charming lady. Noone would ever suspected her.

Melis, I have a question for you. Because Jeanne is so charming, are family and friends having a hard time believing she could be the reason behind the investigation? If she is the reason behind the investigation that is.

At first they did have a hard time Suzi. But this has been going on for awhile now and I believe that more and more things have happened so therefore it got less hard to believe. For some I think probably they cant or refuse to think she is the reason beind this investigation. For others i think it took awhile.
I am thinking in cases like this, NOT SAYING JEANNE DID ANYTHING, but people who have killed several people. If the first time was easy, do they get a boldness to do it again then if they werent caught the first time.Just wondering how that works, is it for the thrill or what. It's weird to me. I think if I had killed someone and got off scott free with possible several thousand in life insurance money. I would be scared the second time I wouldnt be so lucky.
Hope I answered your question Suzi it has been along day, I think I am rambling,lol

You aren't rambling at all! And thank you for your response. : )

Thanks Suzie and thanks Steve for a job well done.Its amazing how steve found out all those details. I cant wait to hear the results of this. I am on pins and needles :waitasec:

although I feel I know what they will be:mad: . The Fbi would have to have a very good reason to dig up 3 bodies.

I am sad for Denny's children my heart goes out to them.

Wonder when the autopsy results will be in? Seems like it's taking a long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87
Back