Identified! MO - Dixon, Wht/NtvFem UP10222, >35, off Hwy MM, upper denture, May'81 - Karen Knippers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is possible. Those trees are to be taken with a massive grain of salt.
The birth dates do seem to be a perfect match. Not sure where the 1972 death info was sourced to.

Anyways, it also seems that the isotope testing does seem to been mostly correct, as the family seems to have lived mainly in the Southeastern US. I do wonder how the possible Native American descriptor came about.

The birth dates do seem to be a perfect match. Not sure where the 1972 death info was sourced to.

Anyways, it also seems that the isotope testing does seem to been mostly correct, as the family seems to have lived mainly in the Southeastern US. I do wonder how the possible Native American descriptor came about.
Perhaps from a visual analysis of her body, I wonder if Karen had a connection to the Dixon Class of 81

And another forensic anthropology fail, according to her Gedmatch, she was not Native American but almost exclusively Northern European. She had a tiny bit of "Siberian" admix, though, which may be noise or some distant First Nations (from the North) ancestor. But she did not have the "classical" Native descent genetic profile (which would show as "Amerindian", it is not very precise, either).
Shows again the need for DNA analysis as a standard procedure in all the new (and old) UID cases.

Looking at various posts on the Eurogenes blog, it seems that "Siberian" admixture is commonly found among European groups living around or near the Baltic Sea - Estonians, Russians, Finns, Saami, etc. Knippers is in fact a Baltic German name!

RIP, Karen Knippers.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.12.45 PM.png

Did Karen drop out from HS? Is it possible that she was at the alleged party on May 24th?

Siberian is also found in various indigenous population of very northern polar circle parts of the American continent and together with large amounts of "Amerindian" also among Canadian First Nations tribes. But the amount is very small, it may also just be noise.

Looking at various posts on the Eurogenes blog, it seems that "Siberian" admixture is commonly found among European groups living around or near the Baltic Sea - Estonians, Russians, Finns, Saami, etc. Knippers is in fact a Baltic German name!

RIP Karen. Guess the name that was written on the inside of her bra wasn't her name after all.

It is strange. Who wears an used bra someone else put their name in? I dont think she was homeless or transient. Even if it gets mixed up in a laundromat or dorm or community housing, people would rarely wear such a piece. It is kind of like underpants, the stuff even hardcore dumpster divers or thrift shop fans wont touch... and if someone else scribbled their name inside with black sharpie, even less... i mean its not a Victorias Secret bra or anything fancy, either....

It is strange. Who wears an used bra someone else put their name in? I dont think she was homeless or transient. Even if it gets mixed up in a laundromat or dorm or community housing, people would rarely wear such a piece. It is kind of like underpants, the stuff even hardcore dumpster divers or thrift shop fans wont touch... and if someone else scribbled their name inside with black sharpie, even less... i mean its not a Victorias Secret bra or anything fancy, either....
My friends group wouldnt have blinked at buying second-hand bras back then. Panties never, but I don't think any of us would have considered a second-hand bra 'dirtier' than a shirt. And we weren't homeless or anything like it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss
Back