MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I HIGHLY doubt it is because they can't afford it!

She had an attorney that took the case pretty much pro-bono (from what I understand)! My personal thought on that is that he knew she was going to be certified and he would be kicked off the case, BUT in the meen time this was going to get his name out there. This case is ALL OVER the national news. People now know who Kurt Valentine is! and it didn't cost him a bit of blood sweat or a tear!

Hi Mixologist74 and Kkazoo87!!!

purd9f16c19ca3e1f34.jpg

Yeah, well, I would venture to guess they have their own lawyer advising them, and perhaps that is why they did not hire a lawyer for AB, or issue some statement of sympathy for Elizabeth's family -- probably doing everything possible to avoid a civil suit considering the circumstances

Did someone post this yet?
"Online court records show that Bustamante's public defender filed a motion Thursday to have his 15-year-old client immediately hospitalized for mental health treatment."
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/sns-ap-us--missouri-girlslain,0,7654138.story

Jinx :D

I wonder where? St Louis?

If this is the case, they almost HAVE to bring her down 50 and I want to know when so I can be sitting outside so I can point and laugh!

Insane Clown Posse was in Lawrence, KS on 10/03. Maybe it is this one since her myspace friend is calling herself a jugalette (ICP fan terminology) these days.

Yeah, well, I would venture to guess they have their own lawyer advising them, and perhaps that is why they did not hire a lawyer for AB,

Not to mention the cost of defending this sort of murder case. It could easily surpass the value of their home. They have their lives, their retirement and three other children to think of.

or issue some statement of sympathy for Elizabeth's family -- probably doing everything possible to avoid a civil suit considering the circumstances

I'm wondering what their actual liability would be?? They had guardianship which differs from adoption or full custody or termination of parental rights.

Insane Clown Posse was in Lawrence, KS on 10/03. Maybe it is this one since her myspace friend is calling herself a jugalette (ICP fan terminology) these days.

The testimony in court was that she went to a concert in St. Louis.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575890,00.html?test=latestnews

Why won't Richardson say they found her body in only one of the "holes"? I believe she was in only one and I don't understand him playing coy with that statement. It only leads to more shocking rumors and speculation IMO. Elizabeth's mom has to go through each and every day knowing what Alyssa did to her daughter. Now this. Why?

Richardson is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He looked uncomfortable and confused and repeated the same answer over and over. Not sure a yes would have hurt anything.

I have absolutely no way of knowing, but the money might be step-grandfather's ,and he may not be willing to foot the bill. I have no idea how much a criminal attorney costs, but I read maybe a few years ago that it was $100,000. Might be more now.

Maybe they feel that they have poured a ton of time and money into AB already with this result and feel that there is nothing left to be done. They may have consulted an attorney for options, and decided that she will end up where she needs to be. AS was said above, they do have other children to take care of. I would be very very worried about the other ones, no matter what ILC said about them being normal, run of the mill kids.

AB's actions sure don't help.

The only hospital I know that is equipped to house a murder suspect would be Fulton - and it is adult facility that houses psychotics. She might be considered an adult to stand trial for a murder charge, but it may be a huge problem for psychiatric services.

Sorry folks, just catching up so this may already have been noted, but I do believe Fulton is where she spent ten days after the suicide attempt two years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575890,00.html?test=latestnews But repeated objections by Bustamante's juvenile justice attorney prevented the police officer from explaining why two holes were dug. Cole County prosecutor Mark Richardson also has declined to elaborate.

"I know that, but I cannot go into those details right now," Richardson said.

Asked if he could say whether Elizabeth's body was found in only one of those holes, Richardson paused for several seconds and again replied: "No, I can't tell you that right now."

hndinglove,

Have you heard anything about the two missing teens in st. louis? They walked away from a children's home. both pretty girls. I think between 12-14 left with a 16 year old, don't know if that was a male or female!

I have been asking people all day and no one knows anything I seen something about it on the news this morning and went to search for it after getting my daughter on the bus and couldn't find ANYTHING. :waitasec:

I have not heard anything about this and I am local.

I saw that, but can't find where anything says Alyssa went to a concert on that date. I know she snuck off and went to a concert when she was supposed to have been at an event at a church, but I don't rememer anyone saying when that was.

I don't recall seeing a date either, but what's to say the concert wasn't at the Blue Note or the Pageant... or somewhere minor

Would Mr Cook's report that he was referencing at the adult certification hearing be a public document now that they have made the decision that she's to be tried as an adult? That looked like a 5-6 page document, and would most likely have the specific dates in it. Also, since I have hearing issues, and he spoke softly, I'd like to see it....I didn't actually HEAR the 'spent the night in the woods' thing, just that she had spent the night....without permission. I was thinking spent the night at friends' homes. Don't know about other 15 yr old girls, but when I was her age, spending the night ALONE in the woods would have held no appeal to me. I'm interested in knowing WHY she'd want to be 'in the woods' at night. My impression was that she was pretty attached to her electronics, computer, phone, etc... altho she would be able to use her cell phone in the woods, texting, talking, etc. Maybe she just wanted to get away from that house full of younger kids, I don't know.

I WOULD love to see Mr Cook's report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members