MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this is a really tricky discussion and I don't really want to open this can of worms here.

Discussion of intent is pretty difficult and how defenses work as mitigating factors is even harder. The general point, though : if she was involuntarily drugged, this could be an mitigating factor and we'd have an entirely different case.

Absolutely, a discussion of general and specific intent is not something you want to get in to here.

I do believe that is what she told the police was her reason was for digging two graves.

But I don't believe it.... I think she was planning to put someone else next to Elizabeth later on.

COMPETELY MY OPINION ONLY>>>>>> I think she was planning to put her little sister there.

Remember, we heard in court (FACT) that grandma was present during the interview when Alyssa confessed.... I think Alyssa just couldn't say (in front of grandma) that the grave was for the little sister.

Really... not liking the first hole is a pretty lame excuse for digging a second hole.

Since we KNOW that grandma was sitting there, I think she just didn't want grandma to hear her say who was intended for the second grave.

and IMO.... it was her sister. But that is just a guess.

Was there no attorney present during the interview and confession? The grandma just sat there and listened without an attorney for AB?

I'm wondering where these rumors came from.

In previous posts, that have since been deleted, Mixologist stated that her boyfriend or fiance one or the other worked for Morgan county, so I am ASSUMING that this info has been gotten from him.

In previous posts, that have since been deleted, Mixologist stated that her boyfriend or fiance one or the other worked for Morgan county, so I am ASSUMING that this info has been gotten from him.

Didn't mixologist state that her BF or w/e worked for the jail? How would he know carp if he was only a guard?

A word about the rumors... I am willing to bet that if I hit any one of the news articles claiming to be a friend of AB and made something up, it would make the rounds in the rumor mill on all of the sites discussing the case. There may be one or two "anonymous" posts on sites that I have seen that even mention her having a BF. I think this is a big fishing expedition until the trial.

Originally Posted by mixologist74
Keep your eyes on the media outlets this week, as there might be something released in this case that changes everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixologist74
Let's just say that the speculation about the bf might not be too far off.

Well thats interesting, looking forward to it.

I have always thought that the second grave was for the little sister.

Wasn't there another rumor that said that she sent her little sister away? That the three of them were in the woods and she sent her away and then killed Elizabeth?

Wasn't there another rumor that said that she sent her little sister away? That the three of them were in the woods and she sent her away and then killed Elizabeth?

Yup, that was a rumor posted by ILC -- I believe -- If he had not deleted most of his posts, I might bother to track it down :snooty:

I was thinking the second grave was for little sis too, but I wonder was she planning on doing both killings at the same time? with no help? I'm surprised she was able to do the one considering AB and Elizabeth seem to be around the same size. I wonder if there was supposed to be a "helper" that for whatever reason wasn't there so she could only do one. Or maybe she changed her mind about sis. I do think both graves were meant to be used, but something didn't go as she had planned.

Anyone stop to think that maybe the second grave was to bury her clothes and whatnot in?? Otherwise.. wouldn't her bloody clothes be evidence?

There is nothing to suggest she would or wanted to kill her little sister and at this point I am beggining to consider that she may not have even wanted or intended/planned to kill EO. I think there is more to this than meets the eye and as another poster said previously we may see some breaking news this week that makes us all rethink the guilt of AB.

Actually, we don't know much about the facts of the killing and nothing about the circumstances leading up to it. Even events afterwards are sketchy. I think it is a little disturbing that people are so willing to consign this child to the deep knowing so little about the case itself.

Actually, we don't know much about the facts of the killing and nothing about the circumstances leading up to it. Even events afterwards are sketchy. I think it is a little disturbing that people are so willing to consign this child to the deep knowing so little about the case itself.

Sure let me feel sorry for a 15 year old who admitted to murdering a 9 year old little girl for what appears to be no reason at all, and then when the facts ALL come out I can have ill feelings towards her.

I don't think so,
I hated the thought of a nine year old being lost in the woods,
I hated the thought of someone taking and hurting a nine year old,
I hated the thought that this nine year old may never be seen again alive,
I hated the thought of what her mother must have been going through not knowing where her daughter was at night,
I hated the thought of what her brother was going through wondering where his little sister was and when and if she would ever come home.
These are all things a mother or family should not have to worry about. When I found out SOMEONE had murdered and hid Elizabeth's body ALL of that hate and then some transfered to that person. I then had (still have) compassion for Elizabeth's family and what they are going through. I have nothing but hate for the person who did this to her and caused all the hurt to her family, it just so happens that the person I hate for this is a 15 year old female.

Had this been a child molester that did this I think more people would be singing a different tune when it came to punishment!

Anyone stop to think that maybe the second grave was to bury her clothes and whatnot in?? Otherwise.. wouldn't her bloody clothes be evidence?

I still wonder how she managed to get back into her house with dirty/bloody clothes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3