MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be the annoying person who is lost here but have they released a motive for Elizabeth's killing yet? I looked through some of the links and didn't read anything as to why they think this girl killed Elizabeth.

Thank you

Even after reading blogger's comments and rumors, I'm not sure either. I would say we don't know at this time.

That's interesting. I found google instructions on another forum just yesterday that allowed me to find out who AB was. And the Twitter account only had 3 followers then. I guess someone didn't want to be associated with her. Not that I blame them.

For those of you still wondering who AB is, I would happily give you instructions to find that info yourself, but I don't know if that would also be against TOS. I'm pretty sure I've seen instructions on this thread though.

I am shocked they haven't released the name of the teen yet it is widely known now who AB is.
From the photos she isn't a goth kid or even emo, maybe a Hot Topic mall girl but I think the clothes have little to do with her mindset.
Researching a list of music or books etc she has read not coming up with much at this point that is useful.

Well, those instructions don't really work anymore. The casenet records about AB's guardianship have been removed from the casenet site.

I'm not sure how legal it is for them to remove public records (we have sunshine laws), but they are now gone.

Even under sunshine laws, the county doesn't have to provide the records on the internet - just have to be available upon request. (Reasoning being not all counties have the resources). So unless the court sealed the record, I'd imagine someone could go to the courthouse and request to see it.

I have absolutely no inside knowledge of this case, but under the law a murder can be "premeditated" in a few seconds. It just means the person thought about it. It just means it wasn't in a blind rage, an accident, etc. There would have to be enough time for the person to have decided not to do it.

Someone could see someone they didn't like in the street, think "I'm going to shoot him," and do it - and that could be premeditated. So its not necessarily the same as planned.

So- all planned murders are premeditated, but not all premeditated murders are planned.

I am shocked they haven't released the name of the teen yet it is widely known now who AB is.
From the photos she isn't a goth kid or even emo, maybe a Hot Topic mall girl but I think the clothes have little to do with her mindset.
Researching a list of music or books etc she has read not coming up with much at this point that is useful.

I agree. I have family and friends that are into the Goth style, and a couple into the Emo style. They are mostly great people. However, I do think many of these kids get their taste for these styles due to emotional things that they are going through. Sometimes life starts looking dark to them and they surround themselves with dark things. That's not to say that they are all killers, or monsters waiting to emerge. I had a bit of an alternative style going on in my late teenage years myself. I was going through a lot of depression and suicidal thoughts, as well as cutting. It's not something I'm proud of, but I AM proud that I made it through and worked through many of my issues to be able to be here today, a much happier person.
I think that labeling these teens/people by how they dress, or their lifestyle, is really not going to get anyone anywhere. Many of them are just doing what they think is cool, or in. But yes, speaking from my own experience, I DO think many of them have issues and problems that perhaps make them feel hopeless, or invisible, and that draws them to these things.

Well that summs up the AB initials. Have they released any information from her autopsy yet? Primarily cause of death?...now that I said that out loud it should be on her death certificate...I wonder if that info is easily accessable in MO.

I'm so confused. I looked at the myspace of a friend of AB's - that says "AB I love you, we were supposed to hang out when this happened, you are in my prayers."

... all of these girls are from Washington? How do they know AB?

Well that summs up the AB initials. Have they released any information from her autopsy yet? Primarily cause of death?...now that I said that out loud it should be on her death certificate...I wonder if that info is easily accessable in MO.

They could have her COD pending on the death cert.
A close friend of mine recently lost her husband to a massive heart attack. They did an autopsy and he was cremated within the week. But the COD was not officially issued for almost 2 months.

Looking at some of these myspaces - these 15 year olds put their phone number on their public myspace page. Seriously?? Where are their parents!

They could have her COD pending on the death cert.
A close friend of mine recently lost her husband to a massive heart attack. They did an autopsy and he was cremated within the week. But the COD was not officially issued for almost 2 months.

Good point. When my son's dad died recently, the CA coroner said the COD was one thing and then when we got the death certificate, the COD was something else! We were surprised.

I have talked to a girl who knows AB. Am I allowed to pass along some background info?

Looking at some of these myspaces - these 15 year olds put their phone number on their public myspace page. Seriously?? Where are there parents!

What I don't understand is why she was using Twitter at all. It appears from her entry that her phone was taken away (I assume that, versus a billing issue, etc.) Who grounds from a cell phone but let's the kid continue internet use? Maybe she was posting from school.

What I don't understand is why she was using Twitter at all. It appears from her entry that her phone was taken away (I assume that, versus a billing issue, etc.) Who grounds from a cell phone but let's the kid continue internet use? Maybe she was posting from school.

I believe her last post was from the web at school.

Hi,
I'm a local, and personally know AB. We're in the same class, and I've been going to school with her since we were 12. I makes me really sad that she could've done something like this, and makes me rethink my judge of character.

Something I'd like to clear up is that she has seeked help for mental issues in the past. She dresses "emo", but hasn't really shown any outward signs of depressions since two years ago.

When she was around her friends, she was very happy, and bouncy, and open, and I have never witnessed her being a bully. Ever.

There are tons and tons of rumors going around our school, yet none of them contradict another. I'd like to post some of them, but being simply rumors, i can't.

Hi,
I'm a local, and personally know AB. We're in the same class, and I've been going to school with her since we were 12. I makes me really sad that she could've done something like this, and makes me rethink my judge of character.

Something I'd like to clear up is that she has seeked help for mental issues in the past. She dresses "emo", but hasn't really shown any outward signs of depressions since two years ago.

When she was around her friends, she was very happy, and bouncy, and open, and I have never witnessed her being a bully. Ever.

There are tons and tons of rumors going around our school, yet none of them contradict another. I'd like to post some of them, but being simply rumors, i can't.

Why aren't you in school?

I'm so confused. I looked at the myspace of a friend of AB's - that says "AB I love you, we were supposed to hang out when this happened, you are in my prayers."

... all of these girls are from Washington? How do they know AB?

a lot of AB's friends are really into the Twilight franchise, so is it possible that their location is Forks, Washington? Because that's where Twilight is set. I know a lot of people who've done that.

Hi,

What does EMO dressing mean, Lillyanne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member