GUILTY MO - Erica Green, 3, 'Precious Doe', murdered, Kansas City, 28 April 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I didn't remember that they had discovered who she was. I just remembered this case here so long ago and how long we prayed and hoped that someone was looking for her . . . and now this.

I'm glad that they are going to jail. I'm just fed up! Sorry.
no need to be sorry- it seems like this case has been around for a million years- I just was making sure I didnt miss something about her plea-
I watched the video--
how--- how---- how can anyone allow this to happen- even if drugs are involved at the time- how could she then marry him, and watch all of the nationwide news about Precious Doe--- and never come forward?
at least we know she will be behind bars for 25 years- that is at least a small something-

no need to be sorry- it seems like this case has been around for a million years- I just was making sure I didnt miss something about her plea-
I watched the video--
how--- how---- how can anyone allow this to happen- even if drugs are involved at the time- how could she then marry him, and watch all of the nationwide news about Precious Doe--- and never come forward?
at least we know she will be behind bars for 25 years- that is at least a small something-

You're right about that. :behindbar :behindbar

I guess I didn't remember that they had discovered who she was. I just remembered this case here so long ago and how long we prayed and hoped that someone was looking for her . . . and now this.

I'm glad that they are going to jail. I'm just fed up! Sorry.
if i remember correctly for years they had no idea who the baby was. a uncle of the child that lived on the other side of the country finally moved home. when he asked about the child he got story after story but they did not match or add up. he then went to police and said she was missing.

This is so heartbreaking... I cannot even begin to understand how a woman can stand by anyone who would hurt their child or allow it to happen.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The crime was a shock even to a community that had seen its share of slayings: a young girl's headless body found in the woods.

Seven years later, testimony begins against the man accused of killing a 3-year-old who became known to locals as "Precious Doe."

Jackson County prosecutors said Harrell Johnson, 29, was high on drugs when he knocked young Erica Green to the floor after she refused to go to bed. Johnson, along with the girl's mother, did not seek medical help as the girl lay dying for nearly 10 hours.

Snipped

The trial is expected to last about a week. If convicted of first-degree murder, the only possible sentence for Harrell Johnson would be life in prison without parole. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty, partly because Johnson agreed to withdraw his request to have the case moved out of Kansas City.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17632140/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The crime was a shock even to a community that had seen its share of slayings: a young girl's headless body found in the woods.

Seven years later, testimony begins against the man accused of killing a 3-year-old who became known to locals as "Precious Doe."

Jackson County prosecutors said Harrell Johnson, 29, was high on drugs when he knocked young Erica Green to the floor after she refused to go to bed. Johnson, along with the girl's mother, did not seek medical help as the girl lay dying for nearly 10 hours.

Snipped

The trial is expected to last about a week. If convicted of first-degree murder, the only possible sentence for Harrell Johnson would be life in prison without parole. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty, partly because Johnson agreed to withdraw his request to have the case moved out of Kansas City.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17632140/detail.html

"If" he is found guilty? This case still makes my blood boil. Thank you for the update.

:furious:

This makes me physically ill.

Oct 7th, 2008 | KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The mother of a little girl long known as "Precious Doe" testified Tuesday she knew the injured 3-year-old needed medical attention but that she feared going to jail and instead waited for the child to die.

Testifying in her husband's first-degree murder trial, Michelle Johnson said she watched Harrell Johnson kick little Erica Green in the head and later helped him dump the girl's decapitated body in a wooded area of Kansas City.

A police officer found Erica's naked, headless naked body in April 2001. Lacking an identity, she was known only as "Precious Doe" until 2005, when a community activist received a tip Harrell Johnson's grandfather in Muskogee, Okla., where the couple lived.

More at link:
http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/us/2008/10/07/D93LVR1O0_precious_doe/index.html

A man was convicted of murder Wednesday after kicking his girlfriend's daughter in the head and dumping her body in the woods, resolving a case that haunted the Kansas City area during the four years the 3-year-old was known only as "Precious Doe."

The jury deliberated about three hours before convicting Harrell Johnson, 29, of the first-degree murder of Erica Green. He was also convicted of endangering the welfare of a child and abuse of a child.

The murder conviction will send Johnson to prison for life without parole.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,434703,00.html

A man was convicted of murder Wednesday after kicking his girlfriend's daughter in the head and dumping her body in the woods, resolving a case that haunted the Kansas City area during the four years the 3-year-old was known only as "Precious Doe."

The jury deliberated about three hours before convicting Harrell Johnson, 29, of the first-degree murder of Erica Green. He was also convicted of endangering the welfare of a child and abuse of a child.

The murder conviction will send Johnson to prison for life without parole.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,434703,00.html

Good!

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A jury on Wednesday convicted a man of killing a 3-year-old girl long known as "Precious Doe" by kicking her in the head and waiting hours without seeking help while she died.

Harrell Johnson, 29, was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of Erica Green. He also was convicted of endangering the welfare of a child and abuse of a child. The jury deliberated for about three hours before returning the verdict. Johnson showed no emotion as the verdict was read.
More at link
http://www.kmbc.com/news/17660964/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A judge handed down a 25-year prison sentence for the mother of a 3-year-old girl who was beheaded and for years was known only as "Precious Doe."

The sentence on Wednesday for Michelle Johnson was what Jackson County prosecutors had recommended.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17780176/detail.html

November 20th, 2008
Stepfather of ‘Precious Doe’ sentenced to life without parole
Posted: 12:20 PM ET
The stepfather of a 3-year-old girl, known for four years only
as “Precious Doe” after her headless body and severed head were found in a
wooded area of Kansas City, Missouri, was sentenced to life in prison without parole Thursday for killing her more than seven years ago.

Circuit Judge John Torrence sentenced Johnson to four years and
25 years, respectively, for those convictions, ruling those sentences will run
consecutively to the life sentence,

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/11/20/stepfather-of-precious-doe-sentenced-to-life-without-parole/

Clearly why we are outraged : read below~

VANDALIA, Mo. -- The mother of a 3-year-old girl whose boyfriend killed and decapitated her daughter in 2001 explained in detail last week how she retrieved her daughter's head from a large trash bin and put it in the woods where she and her boyfriend had left the girl's remains.

She hoped, she said, to make it easier for authorities to one day identify her daughter.

KCTV: Mom tells of taking girl's head from trash

Yeah, because she felt bad for her daughter and wanted her to be identified.

What the crap?!? NOW you feel bad for your daughter? What happened to before she was murdered by your boyfriend, now husband, that you are not planning on divorcing even while he's in jail.

Why did you move to another state with him and marry him and maintain your life with him? If you were so worried about your daughter, you would've left his sorry butt and turned him in.

I don't get people like her. :mad:

oh, gee! What a loving mother :rolleyes: :mad:
i'd love 5 minutes with a piece of crap like that, seriously :mad:

She is such a liar. She took that head out of the trash been because she knew it would be found quicker and traced back to her and her husband. I dont believe for one minute that she cared about that poor little girl, not now not ever. Its a sad sad world where a child is playing second fiddle to a boyfriend. I hate to think of that childs last moments of life. I hope and pray that the uterus donor she came out of suffers the rest of her miserable life as well as the boyfriend.

Not only did she stay with him and marry him, she later had 2 children with him!! wth????? why would you ever choose to put more children in danger? To do nothing for 10 long hours while your 3 year old baby lies there before she is dead, totally sickening.
What's worse is that there are so many other women out there who choose a low life man over their children.

VB

:furious: Makes me want to become a vigilante....arrrgggg....!!!

Right, this story reflects how these kinds of women would do just about anything to be with a man. Note she waited 7 years to show remorse.

< snip>
Erica went unidentified for four years after her remains were found. Community members affectionately nicknamed her "Precious Doe" and kept attention on the case.<snip>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back