MO - Family Members Arrested for Fake Kidnapping of 6 Yr Old--to Teach Stranger Danger

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh wow. Seems this poor child comes from a bunch of bad apples. At least he is in protective custody now.

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/cr...58c6-ac72-3d9f7e4463fe.html?mobile_touch=true

Ah remember my comment about a bigger story here? Yeah I was waiting for the photo aspect to surface-why is it I feel like the sexual component is the biggest part of all of this? I hope LE sent little man's photos to FBI Innocent Images, because I wonder if any of this is now floating around the www.

A six year old shouldn't be out walking alone. Parents should just do there job to begin with. I can never imagine scaring my kids like this. I can not figure out why any human would think this was ok. This will be with him forever. Everyday I always choose my words carefully with my kids because things can stick in there minds forever. I hope the 6 year old can move on with a new family.

A six year old shouldn't be out walking alone. Parents should just do there job to begin with. I can never imagine scaring my kids like this. I can not figure out why any human would think this was ok. This will be with him forever. Everyday I always choose my words carefully with my kids because things can stick in there minds forever. I hope the 6 year old can move on with a new family.

I wouldn't let my 9 year old walk home from school on her own. Some people really just don't give a damn though. Poor little man. Hope he is with someone who cares about him now

Brewer, Kroutil and Hupp cooperated with detectives. Firoved refused and asked for a lawyer, court records say. Hupp told investigators that she was at work while her son was being kidnapped and that she had asked Firoved to stop sending her videos of the plot because they were “alarming and caused significant duress to view them” but did nothing to stop the stunt.
http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/cr...58c6-ac72-3d9f7e4463fe.html?mobile_touch=true

Hm I suppose we can conclude that if the mother felt distressed viewing videos, the child must have been much more traumatized by having to be there to experience it first hand.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_83691380-bf3c-58de-8792-ebbb210ee0ea.html

All those charges are an over-reaction on the part of law enforcement--although there should be some negative consequences. Reactions anyone?

Those charges aren't an over-reaction, IMO. If they had done the same thing to any other child, the charges would have been absolutely appropriate. Why should they be charged with any less merely because it's their own child? If anything, I find it more egregious because this child will have a hard time trusting anyone in the future, not merely strangers. The psychological harm to this child is compounded due to the fact that it came at the hands of the people he should be able to trust the most.
JMO

IMO, "We were trying to teach him a valuable lesson" was their contingency defense in case they got caught making videos of a sadistic pedophile scenario.

Probation?!?! for boy's mother? Is that an approp. sentence for her? What about the woman who was considered his aunt?" And other two defendants?

"A mother has been put on probation for helping stage her son’s fake kidnapping, then holding him for four hours to teach him about “stranger danger.” .... mother, Elizabeth L. Hupp, pleaded guilty last week to a felony charge of child endangerment in the February 2015 incident.
Also pleading guilty to child endangerment was Denise M. Kroutil, whom the boy, 6 at the time, considered his aunt. Prosecutors, meanwhile, dropped charges of kidnapping and felonious restraint that also had been filed against the two.
Court records indicate that charges were still pending Friday against two other defendants in the case: Rose Brewer and Nathan Wynn Firoved."

Firoved "...lured the child into his pickup.
While in the truck, Firoved told the boy he would never “see his mommy again” and he would be “nailed to the wall of a shed,” police said.
As the boy started to cry, Firoved showed him a handgun and told the child if he didn’t stop crying, he would hurt him, authorities said.

ETA: Alerting on own post, to ask Mod to delete extraneous ad below.

Later, police said, Firoved bound the boy’s hands and feet with plastic bags and covered his face with a jacket so he couldn’t see..."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_90049de3-97dc-546d-a46b-f9e05ad25f58.html
Jan 20

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette
Back